What apps are you using with your pebble watch

Here are mine

Pebble watch apps-screen_grab_20161209_093926.png

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 08:40 AM
    What kind of Pebble smartwatch are you using?
    I am a new BlackBerry Passport SE user and am interested in a smartwatch but do NOT even know where to begin looking for what works and what doesn't.

Do you mind answering some questions for me?

Let's start with which pebble watch do you use?
    What apps do you use for the pebble watch?
    What are some limitations for the pebble watch and BB10.3.3.?
    What are the functions of the pebble watch, in other words what works?

Thank you in advance, I wish to buy a pebble watch (or put it on my Christmas list for my wife to buy) but I am not sure what works anymore since they were bought out.
    12-09-16 01:31 PM
    I use a pebble original. U can buy them for about $50. I use talk to watch pro and hub to watch. I get all emails,texts, bbm,twitter, and notifications such as calender events and push bullet. I can respond to email and texts from the watch. When someone calls it show number and name on watch screen and allows me to answer. The watch also controls the music app on the passport. You can skip or rewind songs and adjust volume. I also have stand alone games on the watch that can be played independently of the phone

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 02:26 PM
    I hope you guys realize that pebble has been bought out by fitbit and has ceased to make all watches. Support will probably start to drop in near future. For now, apps still work.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    12-09-16 02:48 PM
    I hope you guys realize that pebble has been bought out by fitbit and has ceased to make all watches. Support will probably start to drop in near future. For now, apps still work.

Why would existing apps stop working if we stay with 2.9 firmware and use talk to watch workaround?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 02:54 PM
    I read somewhere that pebble servers may shut down. If the apps don't need server access, they should be okay. I would read online to see where pebble goes from here. Too bad though, the watches are popular....

12-09-16 03:04 PM
    OK. Thanks for the info. Guess we should not upgrade firmware just in case it affects how the pebble responds to those existing apps
    All the apps I use are stand alone or work in conjunction with talk to watch so I should be OK.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 03:43 PM
    I use a pebble original. U can buy them for about $50. I use talk to watch pro and hub to watch. I get all emails,texts, bbm,twitter, and notifications such as calender events and push bullet. I can respond to email and texts from the watch. When someone calls it show number and name on watch screen and allows me to answer. The watch also controls the music app on the passport. You can skip or rewind songs and adjust volume. I also have stand alone games on the watch that can be played independently of the phone

Posted via CB10
    Thank you SO much. Will def put this on my Xmas list

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 08:39 PM
    Thank you SO much. Will def put this on my Xmas list

Posted via CB10
    Believe me. You will not be sorry. Watch for money the pebble can't be beat

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 10:55 PM

Actually I don't think bought out is the correct term. Fitbit purchased some assets of Pebble. Then pebble shut down. Fitbit only bought the rights to the software and hired some of the Pebble engineers.

Fitbit assumed no responsibility for the old Pebble hardware. If you own a Pebble watch that is under warranty, there is no one that assumed the warranty responsibility.
    12-10-16 03:06 PM
    If Fitbit acquired the Pebble servers maybe they keep them running to avoid upsetting Pebble users and creating bad press. Otherwise, they have no incentive whatsoever -- nor does the shell that is Pebble -- to keep the servers running.

(I don't know how important the Pebble servers are to the device working as expected.)

Posted via CB10
    12-13-16 05:32 PM
    If Fitbit acquired the Pebble servers maybe they keep them running to avoid upsetting Pebble users and creating bad press. Otherwise, they have no incentive whatsoever -- nor does the shell that is Pebble -- to keep the servers running.

(I don't know how important the Pebble servers are to the device working as expected.)

Posted via CB10

https://developer.pebble.com/blog/20...d-with-fitbit/

Fitbit is going out of its way to keep Pebble software and services running through 2017. To be clear, no one on this freshly-formed team seeks to brick Pebble watches in active service. The Pebble SDK, CloudPebble, Timeline APIs, firmware availability, mobile apps, developer portal, and Pebble appstore are all elements of the Pebble ecosystem that will remain in service at this time. Pebble developers are welcome to keep creating and updating apps. Pebble users are free to keep enjoying their watches.
    12-14-16 06:28 PM