Hi there everybody

We can't purchase talk2watch pro in Iran because of ip recognising reasons so can I pair my pebble steel black matte via android pebble app with my passport? Will that show all notifications? Anybody tested?

I will receive my watch on Saturday, so a little worried about unable to pair both

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 09:57 AM
    Well the Android TIME APK from pebble works on my old Z10 running OS-10.3.3 without problems using the older Pebble Steel.
    Can't see why that shouldn't work on a Passport too.

Actually the pebble Time app file is named:
    com_getpebble-android_basalt-1109.apk

Pairing a BlackBerry OS10 device working over Bluetooth and to be able to access the Pebble works with the Pebble Time app that is running permanently in background once installed and started.

By the way talk2watch pro doesn't work very well with the later Pebble models anyway, no need for it anymore.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 11-05-16 at 11:08 AM.
    11-05-16 10:56 AM
    Yes, Pebble Android works on Passport and you'll get email and text notifications. I think it's limited compared to using Bridge (a paid app through BB World) and the free Bridge Droid that comes with it.
    11-05-16 11:05 AM
    Thanks both of you for replying
    But can you link me what should I do exactly?
    What should I install exactly?and how?! I am new to BlackBerry, please help me

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 12:14 AM
    If you have a Google ID and use Snap to install the Pebble TIME app right from Google playshop, may you even find the pebble app via Amazon shop on your Passport.
    I personal did it a different way because I keep any Android as low as possible on my devices.
    Well I went on to the Google playshop web side, downloaded the APK saved it on my laptop, pushed it to my Z10 via USB connection in to any subfolder like Downloads and installed it from there, make sure you got installation from other places enabled under (System settings - App manager - Installing Apps) both option need to be enabled there and you can install any APK right on your device by tapping on that APK file.

11-06-16 02:56 AM
    Tnx so much , so what kind of restrictions or limitations have you faced ever with android pebble time apk?
    11-06-16 05:31 AM
    Tnx so much , so what kind of restrictions or limitations have you faced ever with android pebble time apk?
    non at all, much better than talk2watch, everything works apart from the Google special service that is needed for some Pebble app's but that's down to BlackBerry-Google limitations not a big deal once you know how to avoid this app's, connection between Pebble and BlackBerry is stable under the Android RT with the TIME app

11-06-16 07:51 AM
    Thanks a lot
    AS last question, can I sideload this app? I mean can I do it with snap?
    11-06-16 07:55 AM
    Thanks a lot
    AS last question, can I sideload this app? I mean can I do it with snap?
    Download the TIME app with your Passport browser from here, that's where I had it from:
    Https://apkupdate.com/apk/com.getpeb....basalt/pebble
    This is the official Pebble TIME app!
    Safe the file (found in the Download folder of the device) and tapping it for installation that's it, no Snap no Playstore no sideloading needed at all, the BlackBerry OS10 with it's Android RT takes care about the installation.

Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 11-06-16 at 08:27 AM.
    11-06-16 08:00 AM
    Well it's a while ago I used the combination between my Classic and Pebble, but I do remember that you most probably will need talk2watch to be able to get messages and notification send from the Passport HUB to the pebble.
    Can't remember if that works with TIME app only.
    The TIME app is best for updates and settings on the Pebble and only one of the two app's is allowed to be connected to the pebble at any time to avoid confusion with BT.

Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 11-06-16 at 09:13 AM.
    11-06-16 08:44 AM
    Thanks for your tips but I think talk2watch pro should be installed and pebble time android app won't work alone

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 03:05 AM
    Well, you where mentioning that you are blocked from getting talk2watch because of geolocations.
    Now there is a tiny trick to go around that issue!
    Try setting your system language to anything like US or British English instead of your usual local Iran settings for instant and open BBW again and see if you are able to download the app from there.
    After successful installation you can go back to your normal language settings and use the app.
    Some app's on BBW are only accessible with certain language as geo blocking but works without problems installing this with some others.
    This limitations are set by the app developers not by BlackBerry.

As a sample, I wanted to install a parcel tracking app on BBW for use in Germany but my language device settings are GB-english, so I got this red notification in BBW "this app is not available in your country" well odd because I'm in Germany and this app is written by a German developer.
    So I did change back from English to German languages on the device, and no surprise I suddenly was able to purchase that app in BBW without trouble. After successful installation I went back to my British language device Settings and was able to fully use that app .

Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 11-08-16 at 04:11 AM.
    11-08-16 03:53 AM
    No no, BlackBerry has boycotted iran and Iranian users and Iranian ip. We can go around this issue in installing free aps by using vpn and changing ip and ejecting simcard but can't setup our payment methods unfortunately
    11-08-16 05:39 AM
    No no, BlackBerry has boycotted iran and Iranian users and Iranian ip. We can go around this issue in installing free aps by using vpn and changing ip and ejecting simcard but can't setup our payment methods unfortunately
    Ohh sorry to hear that :-(
    Wanted to mention VPN next but obviously wouldn't work either.
    I was under the impression that such sanctions where lifted off lately.

11-08-16 08:18 AM
    Excuse me, can I have your Bbm pincode? I have a question and wanna ask there from you
    11-08-16 11:15 AM