Hey everyone,
    So I've noticed on my Passport that occasionally when I'm typing, one of the passwords I use for my email and social media pops up as a suggested word! Very frustrating and not especially secure. I tried erasing learned words but it started showing up again - any thoughts or suggestions on how to stop passwords I type in frequently to login on different websites from showing up as a suggested word?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-15 08:51 PM
    It's a known bug. As far as I know there's no fix. BlackBerry has to fix it at the OS level.
    09-04-15 08:58 PM
    If a password field doesn't identify itself as such, what you enter will not be blocked from learned words and will appear later. I'm not sure how it could be made to behave any differently as this is really a Web design issue.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-04-15 08:59 PM
    This didn't happen in the previous version. After I updated to 10.3.2, my passwords appear starts appearing in my suggested words
    09-04-15 10:02 PM
    Have you picked up your phone thinking it was locked and typed your password and assistant picked up your entry?

I have had this happen a few times and it will result it your password being learned.

In Squircle I Trust
    09-04-15 10:15 PM
    If a password field doesn't identify itself as such, what you enter will not be blocked from learned words and will appear later. I'm not sure how it could be made to behave any differently as this is really a Web design issue.

Just curious, how BB keyboard pops out an additional row with numbers if password field is chosen for entry? Even that was touted as one of the feature here. In that case, it is not hard to tell assistant not to learn that word.
    Last edited by KingOfQwerty; 09-05-15 at 12:07 AM.
    09-04-15 11:41 PM

But password fields do identify as such, and the problem persists. I have a password that I use only for my retirement account web site. BB10 clearly identifies it as a password field and doesn't display the password as I enter it, but that password (not an English word) is now a suggested word. It's a bug.
    09-05-15 06:54 AM
    Did you save your Password in a text/note/doc file? Even if encoded... your phone remembers that entry!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    09-05-15 06:58 AM
    Web design? Not always. In my case it gets picked up from the password field in both of my banking apps. I can clear learned words, log onto either app and have my passwords available anywhere else immediately after. Both are Android apps, not websites. The password fields both bullet themselves out for security and are clearly designed as password fields. I know each app does it because the passwords are unique to each bank.

The issue is in part how BB10 handles Android apps, not just "Web design". In my experience, I've yet to have a website in the BlackBerry browser pick up a password. There appears to be a problem with how far Android is sandboxed. Android app fields identifying themselves as a password aren't recognized correctly by BB10. Everything gets parsed as a field with no regard to the field type.

What's needed is an option to disable learned words in Android apps. That would be an easy way to improve this behavior.

[CB10 / Classic]
    09-05-15 07:21 AM
    Did you save your Password in a text/note/doc file? Even if encoded... your phone remembers that entry!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    Nope, I only enter it on designated pw fields on browser or banking/credit card apps. As some others have said, maybe it's the Android apps causing the issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 08:30 AM