This a no B.S situation.
    Lately, after turning my screen off with the top button and placing my phone in my pocket, I go to use it a bit later, and I find multiple apps opened and/or find myself in the settings menu. None of these were open when I turned my screen off.

So I decided to set a picture password lock today to avoid the issue. Upon removing it from my pocket and turning on the screen, I get a notification that I have entered my password wrong 5 times out of 10.
    The box tells me to type blackberry in it. Doing that makes another failed attempt, and then I enter my non picture password and the phone unlocks.

This prevents me from making a password lock on my phone in fear of it getting all the way to 10 attempts and wiping the phone.

I'm on a leaked OS 10.3.1.2558 and software 10.3.1.1767 on an AT&T Passport w/o a case.

Any ideas?
    07-19-15 12:43 PM
    It will not get all the way to 10 passwords because you have to type in "blackberry" after 5 wrong attempts. So don't worry. :-)

Posted via CB10
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    07-19-15 12:44 PM
    I don't know why but this suddenly became an issue for me also. If you turn off "swipe to unlock" you won't have pocket issues. You'll just have to press the lock button on top of the phone to bring up the lock screen. It's actually not so bad and feels a bit more natural since sometimes I just want the lock screen to see my notifications or check the time.
    They must have increased the sensitivity to swipe to unlock somewhere along the way as it didn't seem to be an issue before.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    07-19-15 12:49 PM
    It will not get all the way to 10 passwords because you have to type in "blackberry" after 5 wrong attempts. So don't worry. :-)

Posted via CB10
    Was not aware of this. Thanks.
    The only other time I've seen the type blackberry option is when you wipe your phone. So needless to say it was an * Fu(k me * moment.
    07-19-15 01:23 PM
    I don't know why but this suddenly became an issue for me also. If you turn off "swipe to unlock" you won't have pocket issues. You'll just have to press the lock button on top of the phone to bring up the lock screen. It's actually not so bad and feels a bit more natural since sometimes I just want the lock screen to see my notifications or check the time.
    They must have increased the sensitivity to swipe to unlock somewhere along the way as it didn't seem to be an issue before.
    For some reason, this skipped over my thought pattern.
    07-19-15 01:28 PM
    For some reason, this skipped over my thought pattern.
    I put a flip cover on my z30 so this isn't possible...it also keeps my screen cleaner / less oily.

 Z30 STA100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2339 / SR 10.3.2.2226
    07-19-15 01:49 PM
    I don't have that problem, but a solution might be to change a setting to only allow the power button to unlock device. Also, ensure that the screen isn't set to turn on when new notifications are received.

Go to 'settings', 'security & privacy', and 'lock screen'. From there, then on 'Allow Power/Lock Key to Unlock Device'.

Password Issues, screen on in pocket....-img_20150719_143329.png

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 02:34 PM
    I have had this happen. I was playing basketball at a picnic. Wiped out most of my battery.

The easier solution is to put your phone in your pocket screen side out.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 03:29 PM