Hola guys!

Yesterday my wife and I and some friends of ours went to a Lucha Libre (Mexican wrestling) show here in Mexico and a lot of people were using their phones to record the show. I tried the same with my Passport, but the colours got all washed up which made the luchadores (wrestlers) really hard to distinguish - they all kinda looked like white ghosts. I was looking at the people in front of me who were also filming and on especially this one guy's phone I could see on his screen as he was filming that the colours were really accurate and the contrasts were surprisingly good under such poor light conditions. I couldn't make out which phone he was using, but it seemed to be an Android phone. I'm guessing one of the latest Samsungs...

Anyway, that experience made me a little disappointed with my Passport, I have to admit. Not that the camera is the most important part of course, but as long as I've had my Passport I've always felt that it was top of the line in every aspect. Yes, even the camera (except for the slow and unstable focus).

Just wanted to share my experience. Peace out, and stay classy fellow Passportians

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2339
    07-11-15 11:32 AM
    I've had good experiences with the camera but video in general is a whole world better than my Z or Q. They didn't look good and are quite pixely.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    07-11-15 12:07 PM
    In the camera app, you can select the quality you want. Launch the camera app and go into Settings. For video size, I have 1080p at 60 fps. I also have Video Stabilization set to ON as well as Continuous Video Focus set to ON.
    07-11-15 12:11 PM
    The passport takes really nice videos. You need to either lock focus or allow autofocus though.
    07-11-15 12:17 PM
    Passports camera is set up to work best in normal to high light. On the other end of the spectrum, iphones work better in normal to low lighting.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-11-15 12:31 PM
    Passports camera is set up to work best in normal to high light. On the other end of the spectrum, iphones work better in normal to low lighting.
    That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

I've tried all the different settings with no noticeable improvement in that setting (low lighting with a lot of flashing neon lights).

07-11-15 02:01 PM
    That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

I've tried all the different settings with no noticeable improvement in that setting (low lighting with a lot of flashing neon lights).

The best shot you'll get at night for pictures is to set to night setting. Unfortunately they didn't carry that into the video software.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 02:50 PM
    I find that Camera ++ improves not only pictures but also videos. You may want to try it.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 05:43 PM