So the Passport�s three row keyboard is plain and simple a bad idea. Why only three rows? What is the problem with the fourth row that needed addressing? Just make the device a little longer or shorten the keys.

The capacitive technology and gestures are so cool and innovative, and they have to go and blow it with this ridiculous three row keyboard.

BBRY please add the extra row and don�t make us endure the contextual popups and other productivity detractors. This is not a productivity enhancer it is a productivity detractor.

GIVE US THE 4 ROW KEYBOARD!!!
    Icarus3000 and SenorPistachio like this.
    07-08-14 01:13 PM
    So the Passport�s three row keyboard is plain and simple a bad idea. Why only three rows? What is the problem with the fourth row that needed addressing? Just make the device a little longer or shorten the keys.

The capacitive technology and gestures are so cool and innovative, and they have to go and blow it with this ridiculous three row keyboard.

BBRY please add the extra row and don�t make us endure the contextual popups and other productivity detractors. This is not a productivity enhancer it is a productivity detractor.

GIVE US THE 4 ROW KEYBOARD!!!
    Don't cry before you actually try the device..it might positively surprise us!!
    07-08-14 01:18 PM
    My thoughts exactly... Everyone moaned about the Q10 without the toolbelt, & I've never looked back. so the Passport is looking good to me right now.

Posted on CB10 with my Q10
    07-08-14 01:38 PM
    Three rows is ridiculous. 4 rows is the de facto standard. Anyone using a mobile phone (ie all of humanity) is familiar with it. All manufacturers have standardized on it.

Look, I am pretty decent with chopsticks, but in a race the fork wins every time.

Posted via CB10
    SenorPistachio likes this.
    07-08-14 02:55 PM
    Chopsticks win every time

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 03:03 PM
    Ughhhh. Seriously? Did we really need another thread about this?
    higherdestiny and gnirkatto like this.
    07-08-14 03:17 PM
    To me the hybrid passport kb kinda negates the purpose of a physical kb, not to forget that in certain situations the virtual portion could very well take up a significant portion of the screen. That said, I'll reserve final judgment until a review or I get to test one myself.
    07-30-14 02:22 AM
    Three rows is ridiculous. 4 rows is the de facto standard. Anyone using a mobile phone (ie all of humanity) is familiar with it. All manufacturers have standardized on it.

Look, I am pretty decent with chopsticks, but in a race the fork wins every time.

Posted via CB10
    The Passport as a whole device is everything but standard. No matter what blog, tech site or news you read, the first comments about this device always is the unusual shape it comes in. So, without wanting to sound any rude, according to your statement BB should also redesign the whole housing back to a traditional "bar" shape - because it is the de facto standard for our mobile phones.

I can understand you though. The first thing I thought when seeing it was "Wow that looks odd" the second was "Only three rows, no shift and alt keys?! You gotta be kidding!" and I quickly disliked it. However the more I saw and especially read about the design and the keyboard itself, the more I understand the design and even now I am really looking forward to the Passport. By making just three rows the virtual part of the keyboard can be better accessed on the touchscreen. It is something which bothered me on my Q10, making the touchscreen additions of the keyboard rather inconvenient to reach and use.

Now I am still somewhat skeptical and even fear it'll take quite some time for experienced BB owners to make full use of the new keyboard, but I also trust the designers and engineers over in Canada who developed the new concept.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    07-30-14 02:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    This guy clearly has never met a dedicated chopsticks user (hint: it can stab)

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-30-14 02:45 AM
    Positive:

OP created a new thread and didn't spoil one of the other innocent Passport threads.

Negative:

Why creating ANOTHER thread like this? This topic has been beaten to death in other - dedicated - threads already.
    07-30-14 08:05 AM