It's been a few weeks since I started looking into the Passport and discovered its pros. Now, I would LOVE to try BlackBerry 10, and while I know there may be no more updates and the app selection is slim, I'd like to know if the following work:

- Facebook
    - Facebook Messenger
    - Twitter
    - Telegram
    - UBER
    07-24-17 04:59 PM
    Use Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite Android apps. Use Blaq (BB10 app) for Twitter. Telegram Android app works well. Uber Android app will work with some fiddling.

Or get a KEYᵒⁿᵉ and run all of these Android apps natively.
    07-24-17 05:03 PM
    It's been a few weeks since I started looking into the Passport and discovered its pros. Now, I would LOVE to try BlackBerry 10, and while I know there may be no more updates and the app selection is slim, I'd like to know if the following work:

- Facebook
    - Facebook Messenger
    - Twitter
    - Telegram
    - UBER
    If you love to use these apps, I would recommend that you stick with android or iOS devices. While there are workarounds for all of those apps on a BB10 device, your experience will not be optimal and it will steadily decline as time goes on. My 2 cents only!

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    07-24-17 05:42 PM
    Those all work. For uber you could try that uber app for blackberry. Ride for Uber.
    zdaddi likes this.
    07-24-17 07:19 PM
    As much as I love BlackBerry 10, if those applications are going to be a priority for you, then I suggest you pickup an LG G6 or Samsung Galaxy S8+. If you can wait till September-October, then you'll be able to get the Note 8 and Googe Pixel 2.

Of course, if money isn't a concern, you could go ahead and buy the Passport and then buy one of these Android phones to use alongside it.
    07-24-17 07:29 PM
    Hi rootbeerisawesome for Facebook I use my browser, Facebook Messenger I use Disa it works very well. It shows on the hub as a notification. Telegram I use the android app I got it from 9Apps and it also works very well. I also use Line, Signal, Skype, Viber, & Linkedin all android and all work well. I have been experimenting on my Passport SE that I brought back to life and the android version of whatsapp with Waat-A-Fix loaded sends pictures just fine. I know that the day will come when my Passport OG will have to be replaced but for now it fits all my needs just fine. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport OG & Semi Retired Z10
    07-24-17 08:57 PM

- Facebook
    - Facebook Messenger
    - Twitter
    - Telegram
    - UBER
    The Passport is an outstanding device. All those apps work. I use Facebook Lite and the web version, and I like the web version better because it loads faster and it doesn't give any notifications, which can be very annoying.

For Uber I use an old version from September 2016 that works well.
    07-24-17 09:15 PM
    I use Facebook browser mainly for browsing Facebook.

But I also have Facebook and Facebook messenger from Amazon app world. they both work good and also push notifications to the hub.
    07-24-17 09:25 PM
    Hi, guys. Thank you all for your replies.

Use Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite Android apps. Use Blaq (BB10 app) for Twitter. Telegram Android app works well. Uber Android app will work with some fiddling.

Or get a KEYᵒⁿᵉ and run all of these Android apps natively.
    I have considered the Keyone, but something about me is unsure of going back to Android (currently on iOS), plus the screen issue people are having is holding me back.

If you love to use these apps, I would recommend that you stick with android or iOS devices. While there are workarounds for all of those apps on a BB10 device, your experience will not be optimal and it will steadily decline as time goes on. My 2 cents only!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I have thought that my judgement and experience on BB10 could be different than it would've three years ago.

As much as I love BlackBerry 10, if those applications are going to be a priority for you, then I suggest you pickup an LG G6 or Samsung Galaxy S8+. If you can wait till September-October, then you'll be able to get the Note 8 and Googe Pixel 2.

Of course, if money isn't a concern, you could go ahead and buy the Passport and then buy one of these Android phones to use alongside it.
    Money is a concern for me. And not only that, but I'm not the kind of guy that likes to carry more than one device at that time, or likes to change from one device to another sitting around weekly.

I use Facebook browser mainly for browsing Facebook.

But I also have Facebook and Facebook messenger from Amazon app world. they both work good and also push notifications to the hub.
    The Hub is definitely something I would love to try about BB10. Is you Facebook from browser experience good? I've read the browser is on a decline ln BB10.
    07-24-17 09:50 PM
    The Facebook thru browser works great for me. No issues.
    You can also place a bookmark icon onto passports home screen, which guve the illusion that your actually opening a Facebook app instead of the web page.

Some of the browser issues people have are from web sites that have developed their web sites to work with specific browsers. Facebook is not one of them.
    07-25-17 07:34 AM

- Facebook
    - Facebook Messenger
    - Twitter
    - Telegram
    - UBER
    should work ok...things will load slower. Conite is the official KeyOne drum beater......LOL
    07-25-17 04:00 PM
    should work ok...things will load slower. Conite is the official KeyOne drum beater......LOL
    Rat-a-tat.
    07-25-17 04:18 PM
    Rat-a-tat.
    WOOOOOOF!
    07-25-17 04:22 PM
    Faceslim (in BB world) is a nice Facebook wrapper that offers hub notification and a dark theme.
    07-25-17 05:03 PM
    So Blaq and Faceslim. What about for Instagram?
    07-25-17 05:46 PM
    I want to stick with BB apps only. I'm typing this on a Samsung S8+ so I'm good on Android apps.
    07-25-17 05:47 PM
    So Blaq and Faceslim. What about for Instagram?
    I want to stick with BB apps only. I'm typing this on a Samsung S8+ so I'm good on Android apps.
    Well then, you don't have a choice. IGrann.
    jjinal likes this.
    07-25-17 05:52 PM
    Well then, you don't have a choice. IGrann.
    That makes it easy. I'm probably not going to use FB or IG on this device. I've removed them from my Samsung in an effort to break my smartphone addiction. This forum hasn't helped. 😐
    07-25-17 05:54 PM
    I ended up carrying both passport and iPhone. You get best of both world.

Posted via CB10
    mkwfb and dnks77 like this.
    07-25-17 05:58 PM
    I ended up carrying both passport and iPhone. You get best of both world.

Posted via CB10
    Not me. I have several phones but will never carry more than one at a time.
    07-25-17 06:18 PM
  21. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Not me. I have several phones but will never carry more than one at a time.
    yes, im too

 Passport SE - SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2163
    07-25-17 06:31 PM
    It should probably be mentioned that the Android Runtime is forever stuck at Android 4.3, and that, day by day, apps are being updated to require 4.4 (or 5.0) minimum, which means those apps stop working. If you are relying on Android apps, that is likely to become a problem sooner or later (and in most cases, sooner, if not already). Android versions of 4.3 and below have fallen under 10% of active Android devices (meaning over 90% of active devices are running 4.4 or later), so developers are increasingly targeting the later versions with improved security and additional features. Just 3 quarters ago, 4.3 and below as at 20%, so it's been falling quickly...
    07-25-17 08:04 PM
    It should probably be mentioned that the Android Runtime is forever stuck at Android 4.3, and that, day by day, apps are being updated to require 4.4 (or 5.0) minimum, which means those apps stop working. If you are relying on Android apps, that is likely to become a problem sooner or later (and in most cases, sooner, if not already). Android versions of 4.3 and below have fallen under 10% of active Android devices (meaning over 90% of active devices are running 4.4 or later), so developers are increasingly targeting the later versions with improved security and additional features. Just 3 quarters ago, 4.3 and below as at 20%, so it's been falling quickly...
    Darn, I just migrated from the Priv back to my Passport.
    Everything that is supposed to work, works so well on the Passport. It feels much more fluid and less laggy than the Priv. Only thing that could be better is the apps available and camera.

I saw the mentions about Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite, how do you get that on the Passport? I searched the Play store but didn't find it.
    jjinal likes this.
    07-25-17 09:31 PM
    What about FaceSocial for Facebook? (BB10 app) anyone tried it?
    07-26-17 10:39 AM
    Darn, I just migrated from the Priv back to my Passport.
    Everything that is supposed to work, works so well on the Passport. It feels much more fluid and less laggy than the Priv. Only thing that could be better is the apps available and camera.

I saw the mentions about Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite, how do you get that on the Passport? I searched the Play store but didn't find it.
    Don't listen to Troy. He's been posting that exact same statement for a few years now.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 11:25 AM
44 12