As the picture shows 4k with 30 fps

Posted via CB10
    MeganMegan1982 likes this.
    08-29-14 03:18 PM
    Sweet!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    08-29-14 03:19 PM
    Awesome,
    Now if we can get 720 @ 120fps that would be great.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 05:22 PM
    Nice! Time to get a bigger SD card.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 06:01 PM
    What would you even watch a 4K recording on? Most people don't own a 4K screen. Also, is it actually real?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 06:16 PM
    What would you even watch a 4K recording on? Most people don't own a 4K screen. Also, is it actually real?

Posted via CB10
    Well its true and yes no one really owns a 4k screen but it's always good to have and blackberry needs as much perks as possible.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 06:41 PM
    Yes I can confirm that it does

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 06:42 PM
    Well fair enough... Can't see why you would want a 4K recording if you can't use it properly :s

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 06:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    To put it into perspective, a single frame from 1080p video is equivalent to 2megapixel pictures. 4K is equivalent to 8 Megapixels.

You won't take full advantage when just want to replay what you recorded, but if you want to zoom in, you will have much more detail. Basically, 4k gives you the ability to zoom 4x and still maintain 1080p quality. Whereas if you zoomed 4x at 1080p, you'd be left with slightly better than 480p.
    08-29-14 06:59 PM
    As a videographer I tell you.... it's absolute useless that 4K feature other than show off to your friends and family

If you were doing some professional stuff, that would be nice to allow to the Stabilizer to crop the image without loss of quality, or to do downsampling.... But obviously, you will not be doing professional work with footage from a phone, so it's useless... record at 1080p instead, plenty of detail, and your phone will handle smaller files much better and use less storage
    LoneStarRed and EsJayDee like this.
    08-29-14 07:20 PM
    Well its true and yes no one really owns a 4k screen but it's always good to have and blackberry needs as much perks as possible.

Posted via CB10
    Where do you live? Because I have one in the entertainment room.

OP, if there's 2160p@30fps, can you check for 720p@120fps? That would really be fantastic.

pin:2B7CAF06
    08-29-14 07:51 PM
    Where do you live? Because I have one in the entertainment room.

OP, if there's 2160p@30fps, can you check for 720p@120fps? That would really be fantastic.

Um, 4K screens are pretty new. What he means is that barely anyone has one

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 07:54 PM
    As a videographer I tell you.... it's absolute useless that 4K feature other than show off to your friends and family

If you were doing some professional stuff, that would be nice to allow to the Stabilizer to crop the image without loss of quality, or to do downsampling.... But obviously, you will not be doing professional work with footage from a phone, so it's useless... record at 1080p instead, plenty of detail, and your phone will handle smaller files much better and use less storage
    So less is more?

Any raw footage with more resolution is advantageous regardless of intent or what device it came from.

Garbage in garbage out right? Start with the best quality with the most pixel density and frame rate and work back...how can you say that that is not better as a "videographer"? It all starts at the source and degrades from there..how does starting at a fourth of the pixel density be better?

Oh right..iPhone cant so it must not be needed. I get it....
    08-29-14 07:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol, BlackBerry can't win. They leave features out, people *****. They add it in, people criticize.

Maybe they've finally learned the concept of forward thinking so that a year and a half from now they will still be up-to-date.

"Nobody wants apps anyway!"
    mithrazor likes this.
    08-29-14 07:58 PM
    Lol, BlackBerry can't win. They leave features out, people *****. They add it in, people criticize.

Maybe they've finally learned the concept of forward thinking so that a year and a half from now they will still be up-to-date.

"Nobody wants apps anyway!"
    I wasn't criticising BlackBerry for putting 4K recordings in, I just fail to see the point if you don't have a 4K screen

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 08:02 PM
    No point in asking OP. He's just reposting @DHabkirk's stuff and no, there isn't.
    08-29-14 08:15 PM
    No point in asking OP. He's just reposting @DHabkirk's stuff and no, there isn't.
    Damn.. at least there's 1080@60 to keep me happy.

08-29-14 08:21 PM
    So less is more?

Any raw footage with more resolution is advantageous regardless of intent or what device it came from.

Garbage in garbage out right? Start with the best quality with the most pixel density and frame rate and work back...how can you say that that is not better as a "videographer"? It all starts at the source and degrades from there..how does starting at a fourth of the pixel density be better?

Oh right..iPhone cant so it must not be needed. I get it....
    Actualy you're wrong [again] and stuffing your nose in subjects that you have no idea in what you're talking about.

Any given hardware has a threshold of the amount of data that it can process per second known as bitrate. To produce decent 4k content, you would 4x the amount buffer compared to 1080p, that not only the phone can't provide, but not even a micro-SD in this day and age can't write at that speed, we are talking in over 100mb/s of writte speed to have decent bitrate.
    That means that if the bitrate is the same for 4K and 1080p, the 1080p would yeld better quality in many aspects like, more fps, better sharpness in motion, anti-aliasing control, dynamic range, image noise, moire, because it will be able to store more information to each pixel. 1080p is more than enought for the kind of videos that people take with phones

Why the hell are you talking about the iphone? I have a Q10, not an iphone... Stop personal attacks
    Elwe Feanorfin and jevinzac like this.
    08-29-14 08:33 PM
    While I would concede the personal attack comment, which was not warranted. I do not agree with degregating performance abilities just based on the fact that current tech to replay the captured data is not at par. I get it..you want broadcast quality best get a RED Camera and a true online suite to edit such media. Why not let us peasants get a little taste when it comes along?

With the spec war at hand any manufacture would be wise to stake the high ground in any segment it could. Why is this a bad thing?
    08-29-14 08:57 PM
    Just wanted to pop-in and leave these two links:

4K video phones

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....-video-format-

Currently, 22 flagship devices support 4K video recording...

While I plan on sitting here on the fence, eating my popcorn, it would be unfair to conclude the demand isn't there.
    08-29-14 09:05 PM
    While I would concede the personal attack comment, which was not warranted. I do not agree with degregating performance abilities just based on the fact that current tech to replay the captured data is not at par. I get it..you want broadcast quality best get a RED Camera and a true online suite to edit such media. Why not let us peasants get a little taste when it comes along?

With the spec war at hand any manufacture would be wise to stake the high ground in any segment it could. Why is this a bad thing?
    I didn't say that the 4K option shouldn't be there, I advised people to shoot at 1080p instead, of course if the phone can shoot 4K, let it be there for "specs whores"

The most expensive DSLR's that you can buy are nikon D4s and Canon 1Dx, and they only have 16 and 18mp, yet the cameras from each brand that have the lowest megapixel count...

Same with the top of the line Sony A7 line... You have the A7, A7R and A7S... They are exacly the same camera, just changes the sensor. The A7 is 24mp, the A7R is 36mp, the A7S is only 10MP... Guess wich is the most expensive? the A7s with 10mp.

Of course is good to have a decent ammount of megapixels, but you reach a point that it starts to be ridiculous and doesn't make sense given it's drawbacks, wich aplies to 4K....

It's like in the old time where people used to tell that a graphic card was better than another because it had more memory... Wich was only true to some extent, the processor architechture is the most important.
    eduzojordan likes this.
    08-29-14 09:10 PM
    if you want to see how it looks and compare just look for some LG g3 4k demos. remember its the same camera in both devices so results are going to be close to the same assuming both have good software....which BB still needs to show lol
    FrankIAm and Joao Oliveira like this.
    08-29-14 09:12 PM
    I know it seems "dirty" to video file guys that these devices are reaching levels never dreamed of before but it is happening.

With the extreme codecs that are able to render the massive data these new sensors can take in we are in a sort of in a "Moore's law" concept of optics and processing power that seems never ending.
    08-29-14 09:20 PM
    if you want to see how it looks and compare just look for some LG g3 4k demos. remember its the same camera in both devices so results are going to be close to the same assuming both have good software....which BB still needs to show lol
    So is it confirmed that the camera is the same as the G3?
    08-29-14 09:20 PM
    So is it confirmed that the camera is the same as the G3?
    so far every detail we have learned the G3 camera has so none of the features are surprising. i 90% sure its the same
    08-29-14 09:31 PM
60 123