I was on YouTube looking for any news on new BlackBerry devices and found a video by "adranisen"Samsung Galaxy S7 vs. BlackBerry Passport - water test In the video he put both phones in water for 3 minutes to see if either would survive. As we've seen from Samsung marketing the Galaxy can survive Lil Wayne poring champagne on the phone but what few of us may have known is that the BlackBerry Passport can do the same.

Why doesn't BlackBerry executives market this discovery? Why cry over apps and android and just show how strong your devices are as well as the level of security your known for?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 08:22 AM
    If the water resistance (not water proof) is not something intentionally designed in and tested thoroughly, it's a happy coincidence, not a feature. They don't want warranty claims on soaked phones.

Richard
    04-10-16 08:29 AM
    They could at the very least say "In an accidental submerging the device won't die" or something. They don't have to go that route, they could just talk about its overall toughness. I think they're just giving up in so many ways.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 08:54 AM
    04-10-16 09:15 AM
    I dropped mine in the bathtub. I definitely didn't leave it in there for 3 minutes but it survived absolutely fine. That was over a year ago. It's actually been through a lot when I think about it. A real trooper!
    04-10-16 09:18 AM
    I sat the s7 vs iphone6s, the iPhone was submerged for a long time before the water finally damaged it, of course samsung went half an hour no problems. Maybe new phones build quality is pretty tight these days, wonder how the classic would go with all the glue sealing it up

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 03:16 PM