Has anyone else thought about moving over to the Priv then had second thoughts and stuck with the passport? I am entertaining the idea since my wife absolutely loves her Priv however, it looks so busy with all those bright orange, green, and blue colors everywhere with emails and texting. Everything else seems okay although the hub is a little weak and no file manager.

Posted via CB10
    SavvyBB likes this.
    03-07-16 10:26 PM
    I'm actually thinking about it right now since I'm getting ready to send my Passport SE in for repair due to screen lift. I've recently watched some reviews and I worry about the size of the keyboard and how hot the back gets. Since your wife has one, any thoughts on that? Some firsthand experience is appreciated!

I will also say this... I was feeling pretty down on BlackBerry because I've recently had some app issues and now my screen was lifting. I was seriously ready to walk this morning. After dealing with the customer service / "technical" team today, I'm having second thoughts. They have been great. When I get great customer service, it makes it hard for me to just walk away. So to me, a Priv would be a way to stick with BlackBerry.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 11:12 PM
    Sounds like a hit and miss with those SE Passports hopefully it gets fixed or replaced to your satisfaction. My original Passport has been rock solid. Her Priv has been reliable thus far 3 months in and no overheating issues. She uses the VKB and loves it. I will probably stick with my passport for now we'll see what happens in the next 6 months.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-16 11:58 PM
    Has anyone else thought about moving over to the Priv then had second thoughts and stuck with the passport? I am entertaining the idea since my wife absolutely loves her Priv however, it looks so busy with all those bright orange, green, and blue colors everywhere with emails and texting. Everything else seems okay although the hub is a little weak and no file manager.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, funny you post this. My wife also has one and loves it. She had the LG G4 prior and hated me at first when I talked her into getting the Priv. But now she loves it.

As for the bright colors, I've heard you can tone it down. Or being android you can use different launchers and totally change the look.

As for the keyboard, I've tried using it and, Yes, it is cramped compared to the Passport. But I'm sure if one forced them selves to use it they would get use to it.

And the hub, well the Priv is android. And the Priv hub once opened is very close to BB10 hub. But when trying to open hub, it's a two step process. Not a simple swype like BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 05:24 AM
    If I could get a Priv with BB10, I'd make the jump. I've fiddled with it, and I really love that keyboard with the Alt and Sym keys back like on the old BBOS phones.

As much as I would enjoy the native Android experience for Android apps...which I use a lot, I can't make the jump from what I think is the superior productivity of BB10.

Perfect phone would be BB10 with Kit Kat or Marshmellow Android VM. Not gonna happen though...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    03-10-16 10:13 AM
    I will use my passport until it dies, If or when bb10 goes away, I will then consider a PRIV but I would also look at other Android devices, I will never go to the Iphone's walled garden
    03-11-16 05:27 AM
    For me it comes down to battery life between both devices. Passport clearly wins in this department.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 05:31 AM
    Moved from passport to Priv and such a shame

Posted via Priv...
    03-11-16 09:12 AM
    My two pence: the Passport appeals to men and PRIV to women. The PRIV is certainly a great phone, but I (a man) just don't like it's shape so much. And my eye also needs some "satisfaction".

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) and joseanmx like this.
    03-11-16 10:53 AM
    For me it comes down to battery life between both devices. Passport clearly wins in this department.

Posted via CB10
    Really? How come? Is it Android? :-)
    I have PP and can't be more happy.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 11:17 AM
    I feel as though I'm selling out if I get the Priv. I firmly believe that BB10 offers a better experience. This is why I upgraded my Classic to a Passport Silver Edition.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and anon(9673419) like this.
    03-11-16 11:52 AM
    Get the Priv and use both. One in right pocket and pone in the left.
    03-11-16 12:58 PM
    My two pence: the Passport appeals to men and PRIV to women. The PRIV is certainly a great phone, but I (a man) just don't like it's shape so much. And my eye also needs some "satisfaction".

Posted via CB10
    My Priv screen is nice. Not sure why it would be less than the PP. I end up with more screen time on my Priv dues to apps and games.
    03-11-16 01:00 PM
    I couldn't be happier about my new passport. My regret is that I didn't get one sooner, but then again I sure got a great price by waiting. Before the Priv I always thought Android was the opposite of BlackBerry and I haven't changed my mind. It's going to take me a long time to even consider a Priv. But that's just me and I'm glad if others like Priv.

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    03-11-16 01:40 PM
    Really? How come? Is it Android? :-)
    I have PP and can't be more happy.

Posted via CB10
    The battery life score is a disappointment considering other flagship phones with smaller batteries with a better use of the GPU chip. This is not due to Android's os or blackberry but the battery and GPU chip itself. The Priv's battery is rated at 3,410mAh and has a snapdragon 808 chip with a rated Adreno 430 GPU. Therefore, the battery will diminish since it is a bit undersized. Whereas the passport battery is rated at 3,450mAh and has a snapdragon 801 chip with a rated Adreno 330 GPU. As a result, the passport battery will handle less of the GPU chip process. That is why there are many battery management apps to help the GPU chip not to overwork itself.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 02:31 PM
    New fuel cell tech could power phones for a week http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/10/n...nes-for-a-week via Engadget Android

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 05:27 AM
    I've been on a wild ride recently. Had the original passport then switched to the silver edition until the Priv came out. Switched to that for a few days as I absolutely hated it. It was slow and felt like a circus of icons and notifications. Went back to the passport......until I started seeing updated after updates for the blackberry apps on Priv. So being a hardcore supporter of BlackBerry, I decided to give the Priv yet another try.

Round two with the Priv was much much better this time around.

Until I switched back again to the best phone known to mankind. Yes. Back to the passport silver edition. Feels like a glove. Nothing beats the bb10 experience.

Damn you blackberry for hiring donkeys in your marketing dept. This os is light years ahead of anything I've used. And yes I've used the great and mighty ios(barf)

Posted via CB10
    sesp9, Rallyfia, Jrox74 and 1 others like this.
    03-12-16 06:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    I was using the AT&T Passport for a few months and absolutely loved it. When the Priv came out, I paid off the rest of the Passport and got the Priv. On the 13th day of the 14 day trial period I took it back, sold my AT&T Passport to a friend, and got myself the Passport SE.

For me, the best thing about the Priv was BlackBerry's VKB. That thing is fantastic! After coming from the efficiency and simplicity of the BlackBerry 10 OS and Hub, I found it very difficult to adopt Blackberry's Android version of the Hub plus all the back and forth of the UI in the Android OS. Plus, there was one feature missing that I didn't even realize I had grown very attached to... Blackberry Blend. You don't get that with the Priv and it is an amazing feature. Windows has something like it called Continuum, I believe, but you have to buy additional hardware for it.

So, from someone using a Passport who has tried a Priv and then gone back to the Passport, I recommend you stick with your Passport. The Priv just didn't cut it for me.

Posted via CB10
    joseanmx likes this.
    03-12-16 08:01 AM
    I thought about Priv but like many BlackBerry-istas I could not get myself to shift to Android. My wife uses one and I tried it a few times; I prefer the BB10. So I bought a black Passport and love it. The square screen is just great and I strongly suggest that BlackBerry consider retaining this format in the future.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-12-16 08:15 AM
    I like passport. I like the hub very much, BlackBerry has a genius design in the hub. I use email BBM, whatsapp and other communication app a lot. All the new incoming message and email come to the hub for me to easily check and reply. Also the square screen is perfect.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    03-12-16 08:52 AM
    The Priv just didn't cut it for me.
    Thank you. I was thinking that way anyway. Won't move from PP. My other problem was anxiety about (a) hardware design (b) hardware build quality. As for (a) who on earth uses a slider phone now under any circumstances whatsoever, let alone merely to provide a mechanical KB rendered redundant by a virtual KB on the *same* machine?? I just don't understand the daft thinking. As for (b) I am haunted by anecdotes about screen lift, asymmetries in the tray and a horrid cheapness of feel when the slider is in use. The Passport by comparison is built like a Bentley. Oh how I wish OS development on the PP was ongoing and determined, focused and progressive.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    03-13-16 12:58 AM
    I think the 'daft thinking' was that blackberry users seemed to have skewed between those of us who wanted physical keyboards and those who were shouting about wanting a full touch slab. This covers both parties I would of thought.

Posted via CB10
    acovey and miker476 like this.
    03-13-16 05:21 AM
    Decided few months ago to get the priv. Main reason was the adroid apps not working on passport. It tool me one week to decide to dump it and go back to my passport SE. Quite a disappointment.
    Keyboard too small
    Battery sucks. Always running out of battery before bed time.
    Email management typical android crap.
    It is sad as the phone is otherwise excellent and it feels so good and solid. However if you really love and want android you are better off with Samsung S7 or S6.
    In a nutshell the Passport ROCKS!

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    03-13-16 06:26 AM
    I cracked my priv and been using passport for few days again. Passport feels lot firmer, easier to write and so on..

If passport would have priv's camera and apps, it would be unbeatable..

I really like blackberry os and it's sad see it going down. With better marketing and leaders I think it be different..

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 and simply_reyner like this.
    03-13-16 07:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    I guess not one MAN is on Verizon

Posted via CB10
    joseanmx likes this.
    03-13-16 08:17 AM
100 123 ...