I've had my passport since launch. I love it. I've pretty much abandoned my Kindle Fire HD but still feel there are some occasions when a small tablet would come in handy: e.g., for ready and editing lengthy documents in Word or watching a movie on Netflix, reading a magazine like NG or New Scientist. Any recommendations?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 07:11 AM
    Being on CrackBerry, of course you'd be suggested to get a Playbook. Heheh

Posted via my amazing BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1
    05-02-15 07:25 AM
    With passport we dont need a tablet but a surface will do

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83, Thor1972 and kevin_fan like this.
    05-02-15 07:29 AM
    I wanted to get a smaller sized tablet myself and I settled on the Samsung Tab S 8.4. I haven't had the chance to use it much but it was on for a good price and so far it seems to be pretty solid. Spec-wise it's pretty loaded, great screen, 3gb ram, lightweight, etc. Only downfall of it that I can think of, and this is all based on personal usage/opinion, is only 16gb storage, which isn't an issue for me since I just added a 64gb card for ebooks, TV shows, movies and music, and some people don't like the Samsung Touch Wiz interface, but I don't think it's horrible. After doing research over a few days it seems to be the best bang for buck tablet, especially when it goes on sale.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 07:43 AM
    Microsoft Surface is a great choice overall. The new Surface 3 is pretty nice.

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    05-02-15 08:16 AM
    I agree. The surface is the way to go. If you want something more portable, I really like the 8inch win8.1 tablets. Functionality wise much better than android and ios. Plus they're cheap.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 08:23 AM
    Yeah, there are some small Win 8.1 tablets that are really cheap and will be upgradable to Win 10 soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 08:26 AM
    I bought a PlayBook at amazon for 50 usd. 32gb. Refurbished set.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    05-02-15 08:28 AM
    I was a big fan of the later release of the Nexus 7. I had two but lost one and one broke. I have considered getting one off ebay since they are not made anymore.

After spending time shopping for a new portable, I first thought about the Shield. But a sleeker choice would be the new Dell. Too tired to dig up model number but screen is supposed to be incredible.

I have also thought about using the Passport for everything and not replacing the Nexus. I look like less of a dork carrying one device but do moss the screen space for kindle/watching sports.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 08:45 AM
    Dell Venue 8 7000. Not as small as I like but OLED screen and a crazy 3D camera for multi focusing If you care about that sort of thing.

The nexus seven was very nice because you could slip it in your back pocket or jacket pocket. I doubt that this is the case with the 8 inch size tablets.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 09:00 AM
    I'm with markmall on the Nexus 7 2013. I've had two and loved them. One got sold to cover bills, the other because I experimented with another device. The experiment was a Sony Xperia Z Ultra. I still have the Z Ultra and now use it as my tablet. The 6.4" screen makes both the screen and device a nice size. And, when I needed to replace the screen on my Passport, I only needed to move my sim and microsd card to the Z Ultra to keep going without skipping a beat, till I got the Passport back.
    05-02-15 09:12 AM
    There is an ASUS 7" tablet with an Intel Processor that looks pretty similar to the Nexus 7. I bought one at Costco Canada and it was about $90. I gave it to my son to replace the Nexus 7 that he broke the screen on. This ASUS looks like the Nexus 7 with the addition of a micro SD slot.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-02-15 09:19 AM
    I don't use a tablet any more. My current phone is close to tablet size. But if I were to get one I'd go windows I think.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-02-15 09:27 AM
    Kraski how is battery on Z Ultra and durability? Is it big enough screen for sports?

I will say that one Starts to get spoiled by these high definition screens. Looking at the screen close up at 1080 P is now starting to seem very pixelated to me. This means that a smaller screen at 1080 P than on the nexus seven might not be a bad thing.

Going to check out the Ultra. Since men don't carry purses in the United States this means that it is good for a tablet to fit in your jeans pocket.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 09:30 AM
    I use an iPad along with Passport. We do need a tab/pad sometimes. I would recommend ipad as it has a good battery life and no need to charge it frequently. Also some apps not available for BlackBerry would be available in iOS.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 09:49 AM
    Surface Pro, great device
    05-02-15 09:53 AM
    Kraski how is battery on Z Ultra and durability? Is it big enough screen for sports?

I will say that one Starts to get spoiled by these high definition screens. Looking at the screen close up at 1080 P is now starting to seem very pixelated to me. This means that a smaller screen at 1080 P than on the nexus seven might not be a bad thing.

Going to check out the Ultra. Since men don't carry purses in the United States this means that it is good for a tablet to fit in your jeans pocket.

Posted via CB10
    I had the Z Ultra as my sole device for almost a year and loved it. Battery life left something to be desired, so I got a cover with built in battery. Recently, it updated to Android 5.0.2 and battery life has gotten considerably better.
    05-02-15 09:56 AM
    Amazon Fire Hdx. Very impressive. And cheap.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 10:07 AM
    I have a couple Samsung Tab Pro tablets purchased this past October. A 8.4 and 10.1. The battery on both are good as are the screens, speed and build. (if you can find these a MUCH better value than the S models) All the media I need for news is readily available as are games the kids like. Android 4.4, to me, is cobbled together and inferior to BlackBerry 10 as an OS. (I definitely do not understand the Android hype. If only BlackBerry would build me/us a 10 tablet with BlackBerry 10). I do like the micro SD expandability on these as well.

Z30-simply the best touch screen BlackBerry
    05-02-15 10:47 AM
    With passport we dont need a tablet but a surface will do

Posted via CB10
    You mean a Surface Pro 3... ^_^
    05-02-15 10:57 AM
    Surface pro2 or pro3.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-02-15 10:58 AM
    I think all the Surfaces are too big to be real tablets. Why have a tablet if you need a bag for it? Unless you need a touchscreen you could get an untrabook.

I have thought about a Surface 3 but would not take it out at restaurants, etc. It's too big. Would use it like a laptop and for note taking.

The 7 inch size is perfect, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 11:27 AM
    I am not a fan of tablets at all and I think the Passport is already doing a decent job in showing certain contents at a good size. However I am really tempted by that new Surface 3 which is supposed to hit the shelves next week. While not really your typical tablet, it seems to be the best tablet/laptop hybrid out there. I always had my eyes on the Surface Pro 3 models, but thought they were rather expensive and a bit too large and slightly heavy. The Surface 3 does a nice job in tuning all that down a little, while still offering the full Windows experience I want from a mobile computer.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 11:38 AM
    This :-) >> https://jolla.com/tablet/

Via Pasta CB10
    Akuji_ism and dmlis like this.
    05-02-15 11:42 AM
    This :-) >> https://jolla.com/tablet/

Via Pasta CB10
    Thanks, almost forgot about it!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 11:46 AM
96 123 ...