I really love my Z10, but am looking to upgrade - mainly for larger display real estate. Z30 display resolution was a downer so am sticking with Z10. And have no clue if BB will come out with a virtual keyboard device upgrade in 2015 (if anyone has intel on they WILL, please(!) let us know). The four things preventing me from breaking out my credit card right now and buying an unlocked Passport are:

1) Too wide? Can't one-hand compose. Is brief-texting at a stop-light impossible with one hand?
    2) AT&T? I'm on AT&T - when is AT&T gonna friggin announce release date? Could it be any day?
    3) Text-deletion - I read a review some weeks ago (forgot which one) where they said deleting text was choresome(?). Can you 1/2/3 finger swipe text away text?
    4) Non-removable battery - I understand PP battery is awesome, but am concerned it may not last robustly more than 2 years?

So, Passport users, there you have it -- please do your best to sell me on making the plunge v. these four points! Please.
    12-21-14 05:44 PM
    Back off guys! I'll do the honors!

Ummm the Passport is a much better phone in every single conceivable way and any way you look at it the Passport completely blows the Z10 out of the water. Specs,form factor, Quality, microphones 4,speakers, and 9x battery life. I'm missing a lot that will come to me later but the insane advantage it has in the main things I named should be enough.

Frankly it's kinda ridiculous that you need convincing???

It's like me driving a corolla base and going to Mercedes and saying convince me on a S600 AMG.
    12-21-14 06:01 PM

1) Too wide? Can't one-hand compose. Is brief-texting at a stop-light impossible with one hand?
    2) AT&T? I'm on AT&T - when is AT&T gonna friggin announce release date? Could it be any day?
    3) Text-deletion - I read a review some weeks ago (forgot which one) where they said deleting text was choresome(?). Can you 1/2/3 finger swipe text away text?
    4) Non-removable battery - I understand PP battery is awesome, but am concerned it may not last robustly more than 2 years?
    1). That depends on the size of your hands I suppose. I have no issues with the quick one-handed use. Obviously not going to work all the time but those brief red light text situations work fine for me. I do have large hands though.

2). In the new year is when AT&T will drop both the Passport and Classic supposedly. However; if possible bite the bullet and just buy an unlocked one straight up and let your contract with AT&T expire. Then you free up an upgrade for a later time (eventual all touch?) or at the very least, earn some bargaining chips with AT&T.

3). You can swipe text away. Heck that's part of the touch keyboard.

4). Obviously there is no answer for this one. No one has had the device long enough to even know. Anything any one says here would just be a personal opinion.
    nathan62969 likes this.
    12-21-14 06:05 PM
    I second what Bla1ze wrote.

You'll have to invest a bit of time getting used to the Passport, after having the Z10.

One handed texting - can be done, but I wouldn't say it's easy or seamless (or completely safe).

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for AT&T to get it. In fact, I didn't - I went and got one off contract. I'll never get another phone on contract again.
    12-21-14 06:13 PM
    Back off guys! I'll do the honors!

Ummm the Passport is a much better phone in every single conceivable way and any way you look at it the Passport completely blows the Z10 out of the water. Specs,form factor, Quality, microphones 4,speakers, and 9x battery life. I'm missing a lot that will come to me later but the insane advantage it has in the main things I named should be enough.

Frankly it's kinda ridiculous that you need convincing???

It's like me driving a corolla base and going to Mercedes and saying convince me on a S600 AMG.
    Wow! That covers the OP's 4 questions. Great job! ROFL

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 06:31 PM
    1). That depends on the size of your hands I suppose. I have no issues with the quick one-handed use. Obviously not going to work all the time but those brief red light text situations work fine for me. I do have large hands though.

2). In the new year is when AT&T will drop both the Passport and Classic supposedly. However; if possible bite the bullet and just buy an unlocked one straight up and let your contract with AT&T expire. Then you free up an upgrade for a later time (eventual all touch?) or at the very least, earn some bargaining chips with AT&T.

3). You can swipe text away. Heck that's part of the touch keyboard.

4). Obviously there is no answer for this one. No one has had the device long enough to even know. Anything any one says here would just be a personal opinion.
    Thanks everyone!

So, which one of these on Amazon should I buy if I want 4G/LTE through ATT in the (western) USA, please (as I am not 100% clear on bands, and both show different bands apparently than what is for sale on shopblackberry.com)?

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Pas...technical-data

http://www.amazon.com/BLACKBERRY-PAS...UvbUpU11184822
    12-21-14 08:10 PM
    Thanks everyone!

So, which one of these on Amazon should I buy if I want 4G/LTE through ATT in the (western) USA, please (as I am not 100% clear on bands, and both show different bands apparently than what is for sale on shopblackberry.com)?

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Pas...technical-data

http://www.amazon.com/BLACKBERRY-PAS...UvbUpU11184898
    Bands are irrelevant, there's only one Passport and it's compatible with AT&T.
    nathan62969 likes this.
    12-21-14 08:34 PM
    I still have a z10 and just got the passport...trust me and everyone else when we say this passport is better in every way. You will NOT regret this purchase

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 12:32 AM
    Texting one handed at a stop light? Use voice commands that excellent on Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 05:25 AM