I have the swipe up to unlock activated because the power button is tough to reach. Sadly that causes the passport to accidentally to unlock and do stupid things like calling someone from time to time. It doesn't happen with jeans but with thinner shorts (it's hot in miami).

Now with the Q10 I didn't need to activate the swipe to unlock because pressing any of the number keys activated the screen. So it never happens with that device.

Any ideas how to avoid this problem? Putting it in my pockets with its screen facing away is kinda unnatural.

Sent from my Passport
    zwuncki likes this.
    10-13-14 03:01 PM
    I have the swipe up to unlock activated because the power button is tough to reach. Sadly that causes the passport to accidentally to unlock and do stupid things like calling someone from time to time. It doesn't happen with jeans but with thinner shorts (it's hot in miami).

Now with the Q10 I didn't need to activate the swipe to unlock because pressing any of the number keys activated the screen. So it never happens with that device.

Any ideas how to avoid this problem? Putting it in my pockets with its screen facing away is kinda unnatural.

Sent from my Passport
    Then I'm sorry, but that's the solution. It's just physics. Put a password on it so it can't go any further than waking the screen and wasting battery.
    10-13-14 03:06 PM
    I have the swipe up to unlock activated because the power button is tough to reach. [...]Putting it in my pockets with its screen facing away is kinda unnatural.
    The only solution in these conditions is to use a case that covers the screen. But it could make the device too bulky ...
    10-13-14 03:07 PM
    I hate cases on any phone. Maybe 10.3.1 will help if I can assign a key to unlock it.

Sent from my Passport
    10-13-14 03:09 PM
    Set a password

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632!!!!! And Proud member of the Peevishlicious Crew (Waste Management Dept)
    10-13-14 03:11 PM
    I got a holster

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-13-14 03:18 PM
    I find passwords to be a hassle and holsters terrible fashion :-). Guess I just like the way it works with the Q10.

Sent from my Passport
    10-13-14 03:25 PM
    this may not help much but make sure the screen is facing outward away from your body...
    10-13-14 03:37 PM
    I have picture password on my Z10 and wouldn't you know the phone tried my password incorrectly10x in my pocket. Not fun.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 05:53 PM
    I have picture password on my Z10 and wouldn't you know the phone tried my password incorrectly10x in my pocket. Not fun.

Posted via CB10
    Impossible. It asks you to type in "BlackBerry" and then falls back to your numerical/alphanumerical password.
    10-13-14 05:55 PM

Sent from my Passport
    Same thing was happening to me. I deactivated swipe to unlock and I now put the device KB first in my pocket because the power button was also waking up the phone. No more problem.
    10-13-14 06:40 PM
    Swipe to awake is no good for pocketing BB10 devices.

Even setting a password can make things worse - the 'emergency call' button is then present. So rather than waking up the device and dialing random people on your recent calls list, it will call the authorities.

Also - if you've turned off the mobile antenna because you're traveling, eventually it asks about turning the antenna on to make a call - and eventually it does! Ask me how I know.

Need a case with BB10 devices and also turn off swipe to awake.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 08:23 PM
    Having the exact same problem with pant pockets (where pocket liner is thin). Never had that with Q10 even with swip to unlock on. Only thing I can suggest is putting it in pocket with screen away from body side (back of phone towards leg). Although for myself that a huge issue cox years ago I banged a phone screen when I walked into a table, since then having developed a habit of putting phone into pocket screen to skin. But that's a solution for now

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 03:38 AM
    Try putting it in your pocket screen side outwards

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052
    10-27-14 06:06 AM