Question for you users. I have Tapatalk that I downloaded from the Amazon app store and it works fine, however it is not the latest update and because of that it will not host the photos, but rather does links.

I tried to update it through Amazon and it says no update available. Anybody know the easiest fix here?
    12-21-14 01:17 PM
    Question for you users. I have Tapatalk that I downloaded from the Amazon app store and it works fine, however it is not the latest update and because of that it will not host the photos, but rather does links.

I tried to update it through Amazon and it says no update available. Anybody know the easiest fix here?
    Sideload Snap and download it from this app. It's a Google Play store for BlackBerry 10

First download the BAR here
    and then just go trough my tutorial.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...deload-976915/

Now uninstall Tapatalk and reinstall it trough Snap.
    Hope this helped you out
    southlander likes this.
    12-21-14 01:35 PM
    In general I'd just use Snap to get Android apps directly from Google Play Store. Yeah the Amazon app store is built in. But I don't think the devs always keep the apps as current as on the Play Store.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-21-14 02:21 PM
    +1 on Snap. The Android apps are much more up to date through there. The Amazon store kind of half asses it.

On a side note, don't rush off to update Tapatalk. There was a recent update to it, and the design is terrible. There have been a lot of complaints. Completely different UI. There is no more flow and continuity to the app.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 02:55 PM
    +1 on Snap. The Android apps are much more up to date through there. The Amazon store kind of half asses it.

On a side note, don't rush off to update Tapatalk. There was a recent update to it, and the design is terrible. There have been a lot of complaints. Completely different UI. There is no more flow and continuity to the app.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I know the update was not great, but putting up photos inline is not happening without it, it appears.
    12-21-14 03:17 PM
    Yeah, I know the update was not great, but putting up photos inline is not happening without it, it appears.
    That's a bummer then.

I think you will benefit from Snap then. Better app experience for you.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:26 PM
    -1 on Snap. Sure, it is a great solution for individual issues, but as long as no one actually uses Amazon to get their apps, how are devs supposed to know who is interested in them and how will we ever convince them to Update their Amazon hosted apps more frequently.

The best way would be for everyone to actively connect with developers to let them know what we want, or how their app works for us:
    - request their app to be uploaded to Amazon/whitelisted for BlackBerry devices if it is not available.
    - request more frequent updates if they don't do that already.
    - leave feedback in the store, or send them an email if the app works for you.
    The same applies to BBWorld as well of course, devs need to hear back from their users.

So in this case go ahead and install the GPlay versio, I'm sure it'll work oun, just send Tapatalk an email as well indicating you would like Amazon to be updated...

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    12-21-14 03:39 PM
    I agree with this MrGlenn, the problem is how long should one wait? In my situation, this is fairly important and sadly the longer they take, the more I am inclined to go with Snap. I would rather not have to, but they simply do not appear to be listening.

Either have it available and update it, or don't have it available. It makes no sense to not update the places you are offering the app.
    12-21-14 03:49 PM
    I get what you guys are saying. However, the Amazon Marketplace has been available on Android devices for a while now. If devs haven't been too worried about supporting before it became available for BlackBerry, I doubt they will now. Especially since Snap can do the exact same thing. So it's less work on the developers part now. One less app store they have to keep up to date with their apps.

I also find Snap to run a lot smoother on BB10 then Amazon. Considering that Amazon comes pre loaded, you think it would be pretty much an extension of BlackBerry World, however I find Snap closes this gap better.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 04:23 PM

Good advice above. the new Tapatalk is horrendous.

What the hell were they thinking.....
    12-21-14 06:53 PM
    I agree with this MrGlenn, the problem is how long should one wait? In my situation, this is fairly important and sadly the longer they take, the more I am inclined to go with Snap. I would rather not have to, but they simply do not appear to be listening.

Either have it available and update it, or don't have it available. It makes no sense to not update the places you are offering the app.
    There is an update on an app I paid thought Amazon in Snap for like 3 months and it's still not in Amazon

Posted with my awesome  Z10
    12-22-14 12:29 AM
    There is an update on an app I paid thought Amazon in Snap for like 3 months and it's still not in Amazon

Posted with my awesome  Z10
    It really is incredibly frustrating. I ended up loading Snap and downloading it there. While I am not a fan of the new version of Tapatalk, I dont think it is as bad as most make it out to be. However the update was needed, because without it, I could no longer host pictures inline and instead by attachment only.
    12-22-14 06:12 AM
    Yeah, I didn't mean never use Snap. Just that if you do load apps through Snap, still contact the developer about the possibility of supporting Amazon. And show them how their app is working on you BlackBerry device.

A lot of smaller Android devs simply don't know their apps already work 95% on BB10.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    MrDoreth likes this.
    12-22-14 12:30 PM