I'll keep this short and sweet - I really like T Mobile for their value and perks of being a customer...but was heartbroken to find out about PP not having band 12, which is T's solution to long range LTE service they are rolling out.

Anyone here using T Mobile vs. AT&T or have used both and significant differences? ATT LTE does feature band 5 which is 850 mhz, which the Passport supports. The 'low hanging fruit' of extended range Internet use, if you will. LOL

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 03:37 AM
    Really depends on where you live... Band 12 is important in some markets, it may become important in others. But overall it's a tiny portion of the US market... mainly in very large markets.

I live in the Panhandle of Florida, and there is a "protected" UHF television station here.... which prevents T-Mobile from deploying their 700MHz Band 12.
    08-05-16 09:33 AM
    What city do you live in? If your area needs band 12 on T-Mobile, then, that could be a problem. I am in Los Angeles, and get 4G LTE on T-Mobile fine without band 12.
    08-05-16 11:53 AM
    I have a Passport on ATT which is my work phone. My personal phone is a Passport on TMo. domestically, rarely is there any difference in coverage. Sometimes the TMo phone doesn't have service while the AT&T phoned does and visa versa.I But in Europe, the TMo phone has much better service. As AT&T costs more, doesn't offer unlimited cost free roaming, doesn't allow for binge watching of movies, and doesn't have wifi calling (which I use while out of the country), I see no reason to sign up with AT&T.
    BeautyEh likes this.
    08-05-16 01:47 PM
    Interesting...Denise I am also in LA actually, Long Beach. My only real issue is I travel a lot to Northern CA and Arizona. Around So Cal the service has been excellent.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 03:17 PM
    If you travel to larger cities, you should be fine.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    08-05-16 05:18 PM
    I live in Los Angeles area, by the water, and I have gotten 4G LTE no problem on my Passport SE. Sometimes it'll randomly be 4G but it's not like a noticeable difference.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 02:04 AM
    Nice! LA Passport users unite, haha.

Here's a question for you guys: Anyone getting WiFi calling with T MO? It didn't work on. 2836 so I just tried the earlier OS update today that had specifically included it, but for the Classic. It seems to work but will randomly toggle off and not always come back.

Was having this bizarre issue with the battery life, if I didn't know better I would actually say something about being on WiFi on the previous OS was draining it. There is noticeably better batt life just using 4G

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 02:27 AM
    That is on the official current OS. Sideloaded. 2789 and is better

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 02:28 AM
    Do you get 'Enhanced 4G LTE Services' to work on yours?

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 02:36 AM
    Do you get 'Enhanced 4G LTE Services' to work on yours?

Posted via CB10
    I don't get that on mine, I also don't get the HD icon while on the phone with another T-Mobile user like I do with my blue Classic (it also worked while on the phone while I was in Dubai talking to someone there on either Etisalat or Du). T-Mobile told me it wasn't available for the Passport, though visual voicemail works fine.

Also, no WiFi Calling for me either, though I get the icon and a notification in the Hub about connecting to a WiFi network to make calls but when I click Open, it just takes me to the WiFi screen, not the WiFi Calling application that came to my blue Classic as soon as I put the T-Mobile sim in it.

Passport on T Mobile vs. AT&T-img_20160806_012943.png

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 03:31 AM
    Also, no WiFi Calling for me either, though I get the icon and a notification in the Hub about connecting to a WiFi network to make calls but when I click Open, it just takes me to the WiFi screen, not the WiFi Calling application that came to my blue Classic as soon as I put the T-Mobile sim in it.
    If you want T-Mobile WiFi calling to work on the Passport side load the 2814 radio and the T-Mobile WiFi calling app. The T-Mobile WiFi calling app can be found by searching the Crackberry forums.

Posted via CB10
    BeautyEh likes this.
    08-06-16 06:45 AM
    If you travel to larger cities, you should be fine.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    Haha Diva u could sell that red passport around 2000$ lol

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 10:52 PM
    Haha Diva u could sell that red passport around 2000$ lol

Posted via CB10
    Show me the $2000.
    08-11-16 03:20 PM
    If you want T-Mobile WiFi calling to work on the Passport side load the 2814 radio and the T-Mobile WiFi calling app. The T-Mobile WiFi calling app can be found by searching the Crackberry forums.

Posted via CB10
    Why does everyone keep saying you need the WiFi calling app on the Passport? Just use the old Radio. I don't use the app, WiFi calling tends to work just fine as long as someone isn't trying to use my IP (using static IP).

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 03:28 PM
    Dude! Amazingly WiFi calling is working just great for me now, I installed the previous OS release via Sachesi .2514 and it's corresponding radio. Works perfectly!
    I gotta say I am loving T Mobile and it's perks, the pricing, everything. The weird battery drain issue and previous inability to get WiFi calling I now attribute to the current OS. 2836, which also kinda sucks on my Z30, various bugs including with Android runtime. Hopefully the next update is way better, I may just keep my Passport on this one long term.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 08:22 PM
    Show me the $2000.

haha never mind i dont have 2000$ for a red one cause i already spend 1600$ worth of passports. my journey with the passport is over! lol
    08-12-16 01:50 PM
    I don't get that on mine, I also don't get the HD icon while on the phone with another T-Mobile user like I do with my blue Classic (it also worked while on the phone while I was in Dubai talking to someone there on either Etisalat or Du). T-Mobile told me it wasn't available for the Passport, though visual voicemail works fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160806_012943.png 
Views:	143 
Size:	795.4 KB 
ID:	405651

Posted via CB10
    How do you get Visual Voicemail on the Passport on Tmobile? When I was on AT&T which is absolute trash in Philadelphia and Tmobile is boss which I just figured out as my passport is flying & always connected now versus standing outside in the cold or heat to get my phone calls and messages on AT&T.. Tmobile is no issue always 4GLTE mostly enhanced as well... in the city of brotherly Love. I am on TeLTik mobile which is genuine = T-Mobile Resaler so it's really is Tmobile not a metro '''second tier.

My APN reads fastmobile or something similar can I see yours? The only thing is I don't get visual voicemail in my hub like I did on AT&T which I'll gladly swap for great tmobile service over AT&T However I think there may be a way I just have not Found it yet? I see new voicemail messages on the part where visual voicemail used to be within the HUB still but it just says new message(s) and I click it to open up to call my voicemail, only trade off.

...Wondering how you got Visual Voicemail on the Passport and if I am doing something wrong or if it is indeed a byproduct of being with TilTek for tmobile but don't anybody jump the gun as in thinking it's TelTik as I been with many, many companies even metro, cricket, tmobile, tmobile and AT&T as well as boost, sprint and redpocket.. TieTik is killer, don't let the "business only accounts accepted " and no advertising fool you. They are the best and not only the best customer service around for cell phones but very easily the best customer service all around period, for anything. 3pm or 3am, they are there by Text via website or phone.

It really is something else!

Anyway, my phone reads tmobile and they are NOT a MNVO or whatever that is... they are Tmobile business wholesaler but even sending them a screen shot of your ebay or youtube account (being you earn income) is enough to get in with Tiltek. If you do, I can give u a coupon code for the month as well as my code for referrals so we both save a few dollars. Wifi calling is excellent if wifi is good and easily turns off via the free app. I chose cellular preferred for now as my wifi is only on 2.4ghz for the moment. Anyway, 4GLTE enhanced nearly everywhere in philly and jersey thus far with the occasional four bars. Have not seen or felt less. My passport feels like a new phone and those plans though! $30 month was for me as unlimited text and talk plus 6gb and free hot spot with TRUE carry over unused data forever.. plus a free business cloud # I haven't even tried yet. Anyway, only downside may be the visual voicemail but I think I will fix it... Thanks, Steve

PS: they are hard to find so here you go: https://www.teltik.com/

If you give them a shot you won't look back however write to me within the thread for the code sent via pm for referral to save money for me and you as well as the monthly code to save even more for signing up. Ports available! Not like metro on secondary towers, it's true tmobile! ....

PPS: Again, anybody have any ideas for the visual voice mail, please give me some suggestions? APN? Yay? Nay? Something other to give a whirl?.. Either way I am super happy!.. Yeah buddy....

-DPR
    Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 02-25-18 at 08:43 AM.
    02-24-18 11:11 PM
    I was wondering if anyone has ever had their passport just stop connecting to the mobile network. Ive wiped this phone and reset it to factory settings and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
    04-10-18 09:14 PM
    Need a little help with my passport that all of a sudden doesn't connect to the mobile network.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2163 pin:2BDB5FDF

Posted via CB10
    04-10-18 09:21 PM
    I was wondering if you got you answer to your visual voice mail question.

pin:2BF2EA40 Tuesday, April 10, 2018 22:43:02

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic iPhone 6s+
    04-10-18 09:43 PM
    Need a little help with my passport that all of a sudden doesn't connect to the mobile network.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2163 pin:2BDB5FDF

Posted via CB10
    The "NO SVC" issue happens on Passports and is a known problem with no single identified solution. No single cause has been identified and probably never going to be. You can buy a replacement Passport cheap since BB10 EOL announced.
    04-15-18 05:29 AM
    The "NO SVC" issue happens on Passports and is a known problem with no single identified solution. No single cause has been identified and probably never going to be. You can buy a replacement Passport cheap since BB10 EOL announced.
    Thank you for clearing this up for me. This is so disappointing! I liked to use my passport as a back up device. Now it's pretty much a brick.

pin:2BDB5FDF Using my BlackBerry Passport
    05-05-18 09:31 PM
    Thank you for clearing this up for me. This is so disappointing! I liked to use my passport as a back up device. Now it's pretty much a brick.

pin:2BDB5FDF Using my BlackBerry Passport
    Sorry for the bad news. The good news is if you want a PKB, the KEYone has been a worthy successor. BBAndroid has evolved where it’s differentiated from plain Android while keeping the ecosystem.
    05-06-18 08:07 AM