I'm an I phone user and I'm embedded in the iOS ecosystem but for nearly a year I've been drawn to the passport .Has anyone else moved from iOS ?and how is the app situation ?
    11-13-15 02:22 PM
    I have. It's more of a mobile office for me than the average iphone for sure. Can't beat the screen dimension, keyboard,battery life and the hub. I like that I don't have as many useless apps pulling my attention. I get to focus on business!

Working Wide from my Passport!
    11-13-15 02:39 PM
    I can live without most apps but like my news and sport apps which I think are on the Amazon App Store .does the Amazon apps run well on passport ?
    11-13-15 04:33 PM
    For me it runs just fine. I use Trello, spotify and wunderlist off there and they all run smooth.

Working Wide from my Passport!
    11-13-15 05:36 PM
    I switched over from iPhone 6+ a week ago, I still have that as a back up. Agree with justinnowak that it's more like a mobile computer than a phone.

It's less about passive media consumption (which the iPhone is great for) and more about hammering stuff out / communications / a lot of output - I think the BB10 OS / Hub and keyboard (for better or worse) encourages that.

In any case I'm able to load all the apps I love ie. Apple Music (via the Android apk), Wunderlist, Evernote, Buffer, Slack, Audible etc so you kind of have a good balance of productivity and social / entertainment / media.

Get the SE version if you can though, the keyboard feels better (I had the OG version before the iPhone) and the overall build quality is on par with the iPhone if not better.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8050899) and sirius27 like this.
    11-13-15 10:56 PM
    I wouldn't say im a business user so from from that point of view I'm thinking the passport would be wasted on me but I love the look of it and also the look of the operating system.
    11-15-15 04:46 AM
    I've had the Original Passport since October of last year. Aside from a couple of weekends with my backup phone (a Classic), I've exclusively used the Passport.

I've just come off a week of using my wife's iPhone 6 Plus (her backup phone, she bought a 6s). I haven't used an iPhone as my primary device since the 3G.

I share the same opinion as most on the forums after my experience:

If you use your phone primarily for media consumption and social networking, and it is important that you have a vast majority of applications available to you, go with iOS. The App Gap is real.

Even if you don't own a business, but use your device primarily for texting, emailing, phone calls, and you want real multitasking with 2 days of battery life, go with the Passport. The Hub, Universal Search, the OS swipe gestures make BB OS 10 amazing at getting stuff done.

Biggest knocks on iPhone: Slow. Started getting laggy when having more than one app open in the background. The battery life was definitely not what I was accustomed to. The ear speaker volume was weak, even at its loudest setting. The texting and email experience was definitely not what I've grown accustomed to. It's inefficient compared to the Hub, and I'm horrible at using an onscreen keyboard.

Biggest knocks on Passport: Lack of apps, a little finagling needed to get access to Android apps, with no guarantee all may work. Media consumption is difficult at times, with the omnipresent black bars due to a 1:1 screen ratio. Nagging OS bugs that won't go away no matter how many upgrades, phone wipes, or backups I perform. Lots of weird looks followed by the question "They still make phones?"

I have gone back to the Passport, by the way.
    Last edited by RandomPrecision92; 11-15-15 at 06:13 AM.
    11-15-15 05:49 AM
    Yea I've heard about the app gap .i wouldn't say I'm big on games on phones and I've had a core group of apps across my phones for last few years .Being from the uk I mostly use sky news and sports,BBC news and sports.You tube and I use flipboard a lot as well.my only apps I really use for keeping track of my stuff is the my o2 app.my other apps are mostly gaming apps for convenience such as psn,X box smart glass and twitch which I could live without if I had to
    11-16-15 08:42 AM
    Yea I've heard about the app gap .i wouldn't say I'm big on games on phones and I've had a core group of apps across my phones for last few years .Being from the uk I mostly use sky news and sports,BBC news and sports.You tube and I use flipboard a lot as well.my only apps I really use for keeping track of my stuff is the my o2 app.my other apps are mostly gaming apps for convenience such as psn,X box smart glass and twitch which I could live without if I had to
    i think your be all rite with the passport get it and give it a go I say.
    11-16-15 09:03 AM
    My Brother used iPhone since 3 version till 6.

I gave him 1 SE Passport 1 month ago, he loves it and at the moment he has no need to go back to iOS.

Regards
    11-16-15 09:20 AM
    I think I'll go for it.Ive used iOS and android and the more I read about the passport,and blackberry in general I'm convinced it's a good move.Im fed up browsing on safari and every site I look at I get banners advertising sites where I've previously bought something or if on android I get Google now cards telling me my Amazon parcel is on the way because it's looked in my e mails.while it's all very clever it makes you think what's safe and private in this day and age with regards to both those operating systems.i like the idea of a secure phone where you don't feel every aspect of your life on your phone doesn't really belong to you
    so crow likes this.
    11-16-15 09:44 AM
    I think I'll go for it.Ive used iOS and android and the more I read about the passport,and blackberry in general I'm convinced it's a good move.Im fed up browsing on safari and every site I look at I get banners advertising sites where I've previously bought something or if on android I get Google now cards telling me my Amazon parcel is on the way because it's looked in my e mails.while it's all very clever it makes you think what's safe and private in this day and age with regards to both those operating systems.i like the idea of a secure phone where you don't feel every aspect of your life on your phone doesn't really belong to you
    I noticed that too, when using the iPhone. I was constantly getting harassed by iOS to register for this, and if I wanted to try this Apple product. It was extremely irritating. Best of luck on your new purchase!
    11-16-15 10:19 AM
    What is the best passport to get .i like the look of both the black and the silver but from what I've read the silver keyboard is slightly better and more comfortable in the hand ?
    11-16-15 02:34 PM
    Both are basically the same device, so it depends on your personal preference... the se seems built to last a bit more than the og, something about the frame gives that impression... the kb is softer, and seems to be better balanced... but there are many owners that prefer the og... you won't go wrong either way... I have both, I use the se because I like the kb more than the og but my wife likes that one over the se, she says it looks better...

What is the best passport to get .i like the look of both the black and the silver but from what I've read the silver keyboard is slightly better and more comfortable in the hand ?

Posted via CB10
    funkycats2477 likes this.
    11-16-15 02:48 PM
    I prefer the og but yeah cant go wrong with either
    11-16-15 06:48 PM
    How does the camera perform on the passport ?
    11-17-15 03:59 AM
    Moved to a Passport last January after using Iphones (3s to 5). Still find the Passport the most productive device even including the app gap issue.
    Outstanding in the Passport :
    Multitasking
    File Management (including file sharing)
    Memory expansion
    Speakers
    Screen
    Native apps
    Keyboard shortcuts & text prediction

Still outstanding in IOS:
    Integration with Mac and Ipad
    App variety
    Screen

Cheers!

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    funkycats2477 likes this.