I am done with passport. Thanks. Today it extremely disappointed on map while traveling north and map stopped working. So I had to turn on Hotspot and use friend's iphone 6.

Really thinking to change device, any suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 07:03 PM
    Sounds like a cell carrier issue not a phone issue.
    Maps require a good signal and you may have hit a bad area.

I have a passport and never had any issues with maps and I travel regularly with the app running.

If you needed to connect to a Hotspot and it worked after that I can only suggest to call your carrier and complain about the mobile network coverage.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 07:13 PM
    Which Map are you using. I do a lot of travel and have yet to have any issues with Google maps. I'm also On AT&T so i get coverage in all the area i travel.
    06-27-16 07:37 PM
    I am done with passport. Thanks. Today it extremely disappointed on map while traveling north and map stopped working. So I had to turn on Hotspot and use friend's iphone 6.

Posted via CB10
    Please visit your local Passport support office for issues that can be addressed. Thanks...

Passport sucks now!!-passport-office-1.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 10:08 PM
    Buy a local map then!
    06-28-16 05:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Instead of complaining to Blackberry about poor cell tower coverage or speed. Why dont you write to the FTC and FCC about how Verizon and att are RIPPING YOU OFF.
    06-28-16 06:35 AM
    Can't go wrong with Google maps.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 07:19 AM
    Get a gps lol

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    06-28-16 07:31 AM
    Download Maps.me for offline mapping and navigation. It's in BlackBerry World, Amazon and play

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 07:55 AM
    Sold my Note 5, packed my Priv and went back to the Passport. The smile is back on my face.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 09:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    Use an offline GPS application. Jesus! Is it that hard to think ahead? This is a case of user fault dumped on the device. If you want to change it, good for you, but it's so much easier to say something is **** than to actually do something about it!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 09:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    if the issue is with the crappy BlackBerry Maps

Hahaha u own a blackberry then u should be prepared of paying for premium stuffs such as maps. I purchased BeMaps Pro and Super Streetview..

But I guess Its not the map honestly..

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 09:24 AM
    Ford Sucks Now!

I am done with Ford. The other day a friend and I were driving in the country and my car ran out of gas.

Thinking of buying a different car. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    06-28-16 09:26 AM
    Passport not suck, might be your service providers suck or in an area with suck reception. I. Am in Canada and using roaming data for Hotspot of hundreds of km without any problems.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 09:48 AM
    If you forget something are you going to ask for a new brain? Use the Navigation app where you can download offline maps of where ever you will be going and then you can use your phone with GPS and get to where you're going. Pretty much step out of your tunnel vision and look at the whole picture and options to improvise, adapt and overcome your obstacles.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-28-16 09:55 AM
    If you want to sell it I could be convinced. I love that phone, despite the fact it isn't perfect.
    mk2234 likes this.
    06-28-16 10:18 AM
    ...hmmmm....got a phone..and then come here because the map app stop working, one time.....something doesn't smell right.
    06-28-16 10:49 AM
    Although device based GPS mapping services don't actually use data, at least not enough to be an issue, it does depend on being able to lock onto your data signal so it can track your vehicle. If that fails your GPS will triangulate with the nearest local towers and will give you a rougher idea where you are and where you're going. If you lose contact with your carrier altogether the GPS won't have a clue where you are nor where to send you. I've actually found BB Maps to be extremely helpful and accurate but if I know if I'm going to be in an area my carrier doesn't have a lot of coverage I use my old beaten up Garmin as a back up. As some others have suggested before, you can download maps to be used offline as an option but blaming BlackBerry for what clearly is a carrier issue isn't going to get you anywhere.
    06-28-16 11:01 AM
    Ford Sucks Now!

I am done with Ford. The other day a friend and I were driving in the country and my car ran out of gas.

Thinking of buying a different car. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10 with my awesome Passport
    Honestly if you are going to be traveling in the country, you better just break down and buy a horse. Horses run on grass, Fords run on gas. It's a design flaw Ford needs to deal with. The Ford user should not have to consider how to power the Ford, the Ford should do it itself. Like the horse.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 11:18 AM
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/54700890

Local map, no data, just GPS. BB10 Native.

Or just get rid of your Passport and buy something else if you don't like it. If you're a pkb fan, you're stuck with BlackBerry. Otherwise do some research on cell tower reception for your corner of the world and find a device best suited to your area I guess or a phone that's highly rated for antenna.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-28-16 11:31 AM
    Use an offline mapping system such as Genius.
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-28-16 11:35 AM
    What happens when some nations satellite killers shoot down north American satellites? The Chinese and the Russians have these weapons. What in the hell will you do then?
    06-28-16 12:10 PM
    My GPS on BlackBerry has been really bad. I have had to use my android on Hotspot for directions.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 12:15 PM
    What happens when some nations satellite killers shoot down north American satellites? The Chinese and the Russians have these weapons. What in the hell will you do then?
    Paper maps for the win! Pocket calendars. Postal mail. Shortwave radio. Analog 35 mm camera. Smoke signals...

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    06-28-16 12:51 PM
    You guys are too funny!

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    06-28-16 01:02 PM
73 123