I've had my Passport since July of 2015 and in the last week or so it's starting to act up. I'm now seeing double letters, but I suspected that might rear it's ugly head eventually. If I want to use a wired headset, I often have to reboot the phone otherwise the sound just keeps coming out of the built in speakers and in general things have started to run a lot slower. The P key is also having an issue, but that it hardware and little I can really do about now that the warranty has passed. I have not installed anything new on there for some time, and I do have some Google apps installed, but up to now I have not noticed any negative effects from them. If I have to reinstall BB10 I will, but I'm just sort of wondering if that will resolve the issue or if it is something else dragging it down.
    08-24-16 03:01 PM
    I've had my Passport since July of 2015 and in the last week or so it's starting to act up. I'm now seeing double letters, but I suspected that might rear it's ugly head eventually. If I want to use a wired headset, I often have to reboot the phone otherwise the sound just keeps coming out of the built in speakers and in general things have started to run a lot slower. The P key is also having an issue, but that it hardware and little I can really do about now that the warranty has passed. I have not installed anything new on there for some time, and I do have some Google apps installed, but up to now I have not noticed any negative effects from them. If I have to reinstall BB10 I will, but I'm just sort of wondering if that will resolve the issue or if it is something else dragging it down.
    Just a guess, but you may have to try removing some apps or in the end, re-loading your OS from scratch. Over time almost any device will bog down and it is usually software related (apps, corrupt OS etc).
    08-24-16 03:05 PM
    That headphone issue your having can be fixed by reloading the OS, but the issue may return once you download the app or visit the website again that is causing the problem.
    08-24-16 11:10 PM
    Oddly enough I am just playing the music on the device when it usually happens. I guess I just need to reload it all. Thanks
    08-25-16 03:37 PM
    Oddly enough I am just playing the music on the device when it usually happens. I guess I just need to reload it all. Thanks
    I use to have the same issue. But I reloaded and isolated the website that was causing the problem and stayed away from it.
    08-25-16 09:50 PM
    I use to have the same issue. But I reloaded and isolated the website that was causing the problem and stayed away from it.
    Would a security wipe be enough? Or would a reload of the OS be needed?

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    08-26-16 12:18 AM
    Would a security wipe be enough? Or would a reload of the OS be needed?

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    I've tried both before.
    Unfortunately it has to be a OS reload. So the audio file/software can be fixed.
    jope28 likes this.
    08-26-16 05:17 AM