I was on the Selfridges website Monday and as a test I put in 400 units in the box to try guess how much stock they had.
    400 was available and today they are Sold Out.

I have a funny feeling Blackberry is playing this strategy very well.

I love the fact some mobile providers are selling it to enterprise customers only.

Passport seems to be setting an exclusive trend here.... I love the tag line.....For people who wants to get serious stuff done.

Apple has a pair of 6's in this poker game and Mr Sammy Sung has a Flush....but Mr Chen has a Royal Flush and still cards to play.

Nothing new in until mid 2015 for the iDONTcare Phone.....oh my REVOLUTION IS HAPPENING.

Lets start a list of Sold out websites

ShopBlackberry.com all countries US CDN CANADA GERMANY FRANCE
    Amazon.com
    Selfridges.co.uk

Copy and past the list and add to your reply.
    KDB84, smart548, ptpete and 1 others like this.
    10-01-14 02:20 PM
    Subscribed...

John Chen mentioned during the earnings call that the biggest shipments are coming in October... Therefore we have all the shops sold out.... they made 300 to 350k. Phones for the release and most of them have sold or are in stores around the world. I would not be surprised if around 1 million of those bad boys has sold until the end of blackberries quarter

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 02:28 PM
    Subscribed love that threat

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Z30
    10-01-14 02:37 PM
    The Blackberry passport is turning into a bit of an underground movement. Whose got it and how do I get it. This sort of staged release continues to peak the interest of techies and you have to like that. Bigger picture, it's a clever marketing angle and also a decent way of control your inventory.
    limabo likes this.
    10-01-14 02:38 PM
    ...And should we make a Wall of Shame for some of the most bizarre reviews from tech blogs...I have a feeling some of these boys and girls will be re-doing these reviews.....

Hey dad ....whats an iPhone ?...well son McDonalds sells millions of burgers...but it doesn't mean they serve the best....

sorry my son...to answer your questions I will use Blackberry Assistant....

Blackberry Assistant response " The iPhone was stopped in 2014 after the world discovered they were using 2008 software which became outdated. The mass buyers of the phone started a revolution as they protested at being fooled into buying the same phone since 2008."

One last comment...Iphone 6 plus is only 0.5 inches away from its brother the mini iPad...

iPhone is out of room and going into a poker game with a pair of 6's against a Royal Flush from Mr Chen .....with Chen having one more year of releases before iPhone 6s comes in 2015 mid....
    10-01-14 02:45 PM
    I heard mobile phones direct is sold out of their passports. Thank god I got one in time, delivered today.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 02:59 PM
    Cut and paste my list and add yours so in future this list will be easy to build on.

Appreciated
    10-01-14 03:00 PM
    Pre-ordered through CarPhone Warehouse... still waiting....
    10-01-14 03:18 PM
    I am only in the UK for a couple of days in between business trips 7th October -12th October.

I am trying to find somewhere with stock to deliver in this time period.

Can't find anything.

I have tried unlocked mobiles, clove.co.uk, mobilephonesdirect.co.uk, selfridges online, carphone warehouse.

Does anyone know of anywhere else?
    10-02-14 02:18 AM
    update: managed to get it at expansys uk, was 529 vs 484, but at this point i just really want it.
    10-02-14 02:36 AM
    I am only in the UK for a couple of days in between business trips 7th October -12th October.

I am trying to find somewhere with stock to deliver in this time period.

Can't find anything.

I have tried unlocked mobiles, clove.co.uk, mobilephonesdirect.co.uk, selfridges online, carphone warehouse.

Does anyone know of anywhere else?
    handtec.co.uk Passport now in stock

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 02:40 AM
    handtec co uk
    Passport now in stock
    �482.39 incVAT
    �401.99 exVAT
    10-02-14 02:50 AM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Passport backlog could exceed 500,000 right now...yes.

They can't produce then quickly enough....

Impressive..

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 03:23 AM
    ShopBlackberry.com all countries US CDN CANADA GERMANY FRANCE
    Amazon.com
    Selfridges.co.uk
    Singtel - Singapore
    StarHub - Singapore
    M1 - Singapore ????? (not sure)
    Amazon UK
    Last edited by bbjdog; 10-02-14 at 06:34 PM.
    10-02-14 08:08 AM
    It seems BlackBerry really made square and a keyboard hip again with the Passport. Congrats to BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10 on VZW BlackBerry Z30
    10-02-14 08:27 AM
    This strategy can also backfire just like it did with Nintendo Wii launch. They made limited amount which cost them growth and profits.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:18 AM
    let's hope that lessons learned from the past will not be duplicated.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 11:40 AM
    This strategy can also backfire just like it did with Nintendo Wii launch. They made limited amount which cost them growth and profits.

Posted via CB10
    The impression I always got from what Chen has been saying is that the Passport was more a device to raise awareness of the brand. I don't think they had expectation for it to be a massive success; more for it to break even. Which I think in this area the Passport has exceeded expectations.

Also it really is difficult to access how it is performing, as the media buzz has generally died down and there isn't now reports coming in on how the device is performing. I am not one of those who believe that just because a store is out of stock, that the device originally has sold significant volumes through them.
    StormieTwo likes this.
    10-02-14 11:55 AM
    All about balance. But I have a feeling even though the media frenzy might die down. So long as they get into the hands of a few hundred of people, awareness will slowly grow out of that. Just look at all the passport owners threats.

With a phone like that, it will stir attention so long as it is not known. Just as long as the current users don't abandon them and keep them in their socks drawer.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 12:13 PM
    Passport SELLS OUT WITHIN HOURS on Amazon.co.uk
    10-03-14 05:22 AM
    I bought mine yesterday from the Selfridges in London so they still got stock. Apparently under 30 units left. The counter attracts quite a fair bit of people which is nice to see for blackberry.
    10-03-14 06:06 AM
    Passport SELLS OUT WITHIN HOURS on Amazon.co.uk
    Has it gone on the UK one now?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 06:35 AM
    This is not a strategy. They simply under estimated the demand for Passport and didn't produce enough . It takes time to manufacture hundreds of thousands of them but. They better move fast, people aren't gonna wait for long.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 06:41 AM
    This is not a strategy. They simply under estimated the demand for Passport and didn't produce enough . It takes time to manufacture hundreds of thousands of them but. They better move fast, people aren't gonna wait for long.

Posted via CB10
    People will wait a few days. It's not the first time something has been sold out. There's the curious effect of it making it even more desirable. It's only if it lasts for weeks it becomes a problem.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 06:45 AM
    You can't blame blackberry. They made a ton of Z10 and Q10 models and had to dump them in a short time. I think they figured we could sell a few hundred thousand of the passport. ut really I don't think they could have predicted the the demand for them. I just hope they do not turn them out faster and we start to have keyboard problems!

Still waiting for mine on the reservation system for rogers. It stated it has shipped! Crossing fingers today they call me!
    10-03-14 07:06 AM
29 12