So will a MHL HDMI port on a computer monitor charge the Passport through a Slimport adapter or would I still have to plug the adapter into a usb wall charger?
    04-24-15 12:02 AM
    Still need usb port connection for charging (note: data will not work while video is enabled).

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 12:42 AM
    According to Slimport, data and video should be able to work simultaneously. The adapters have the video connection at the end and regular micro-USB on the side.

Support - Slimport
    04-24-15 01:43 AM
    According to Slimport, data and video should be able to work simultaneously. The adapters have the video connection at the end and regular micro-USB on the side.

Support - Slimport
    Can I transfer mobile data while using SlimPort for display?
    Yes. SlimPort-enabled devices retain mobile data synchronization capability while using their high-definition audio-video transfer capabilities. Currently, SlimPort devices support any of the three functions � charging, data transfer >>OR<< up to 4K Ultra-HD audio-video transfer to any display.

Why do they use the word "OR" ? What a terrible way to answer the question.

Especially when later they say:

Can I plug in a mouse, keyboard or external drive?
    Analogix is upgrading its SlimPort products to support wired keyboard, mouse or external drive connectivity. Please watch the slimport website for new product announcements.

-----
    I think what they mean by "mobile data" in the original question is "cellular mobile data", like... your wireless data plan or wifi connection.

I'm fairly confident that the current revision of Slimport *does not* allow for both video/audio AND regular USB data transfer.

Posted via CB10
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    04-24-15 07:16 AM
    Still need usb port connection for charging (note: data will not work while video is enabled).

Posted via CB10
    Well that sucks, was hoping my Passport would be able to be charged through the MHL HDMI. Oh well.
    04-24-15 08:14 AM
    Also, keep in mind that MHL and Slimport are two different (competing) standards.
    04-24-15 09:00 AM
    Now it makes sense. The port can be in only one state: Slimport or USB. Hopefully displayport adapters or hubs will be made that can carry "USB over AUX" which allows Displayport to carry ethernet or USB data...
    04-25-15 06:05 AM