I think you buy a slimport adapter which has the micro USB on one end and then the other end has a HDMI plug in. Once it is streaming media it is also charging your device. All in one.?

From my z30
    The cables I see online have an extra port for a third cable that would power the device. I just hope it works sending the video/audio w/o that cable too. Are power-over-HDMI ports extant?

Edit:

Found answer:

http://electronics.stackexchange.com/a/69423

If your TV has a dedicated-and-stated MHL port(like this TV) then it can supply either 500ma or 900ma to the device to charge/maintain-charge whilst it plays video/audio. The MHL port is the same shape as HDMI.

If it just a standard HDMI port looks like you need the third cable for it to work if your display device port is just plain HDMI. From the YouTube videos I watch it looks like it won't work in this configuration without the third cable.
    Last edited by stardomains; 08-15-14 at 11:18 AM.
    08-15-14 11:01 AM
    Am I being optimistic that BlackBerry would include the slimport adapter? If it's going to cost $600 and up for the Passport.
    08-15-14 02:44 PM
    could be new usb-c standard?

Via Z10
    08-15-14 02:51 PM
    You are the only one that actually answered the question
    I'm fairly certain I answered your question

It looks like USB 3.0.
    USB 3.0 supports all previous USB cables and standards.
    The USB port has Slimport integrated into it for HDMI.
    Thus there is no stand alone HDMI port.
    You use a micro-USB to HDMI adapter.
    The adapters have a micro-USB port for charging.

Is it really that confusing?
    08-15-14 02:53 PM
    Am I being optimistic that BlackBerry would include the slimport adapter? If it's going to cost $600 and up for the Passport.
    Well, Sony, for instance, doesn't include a battery charger along with the battery for their a7, a7R and a7S mirrorless cameras, which retail for $1700-$2700. Yes, you're able to plug the camera, with battery in it, and charge via USB, but it'll be super slow charging. Pricey device doesn't guarantee assessories. So far, none of the BB10 devices come with HDMI cables.
    08-15-14 03:13 PM
    I think you're being optimistic but not entirely unreasonable. I, too, harbor the hope that they do this.
    08-15-14 03:21 PM
    I think you're being optimistic but not entirely unreasonable. I, too, harbor the hope that they do this.
    Since it's new technology , maybe they will. Stranger things have happened

Chen could say "We are including this cable for all the loyal BB fans out there."

Well it could happen.
    08-15-14 07:17 PM
    Why are you so angry. This community is terrible. I get warned for getting angry in one of my posts, and this guy, is talking to the OP like he's a 5 year old child. Have some respect. You either answer the question or you ignore the forum? is it really that difficult?

Sorry not everyone might be as tech savvy as yourself, and the OP had a question and wants facts, that is what we are here for, to split fact from fiction with the help of others on the forums

For the love of god, yes, you can. Can we end this thread now? Regardless if the port is MHL or SlimPort enabled it connects via a standard micro USB connector.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-15-14 07:24 PM
    wifi signals are not enough strong enough to carry an electrical charge.
    That's not entirely true. The concept has been proven, they just need to get it to a state that is practical.

RCA announces WiFi-sucking battery | bit-tech.net

No Battery Required for This Wireless Device : Discovery News
    08-15-14 07:53 PM
    Why are you so angry. This community is terrible. I get warned for getting angry in one of my posts, and this guy, is talking to the OP like he's a 5 year old child. Have some respect. You either answer the question or you ignore the forum? is it really that difficult?

Sorry not everyone might be as tech savvy as yourself, and the OP had a question and wants facts, that is what we are here for, to split fact from fiction with the help of others on the forums
    Why are you so angry that I'm angry...

Have a monkey O(-_-)O

08-15-14 07:59 PM
    lol i don't know, I just felt bad for the OP

Why are you so angry that I'm angry...

Have a monkey O(-_-)O

08-15-14 08:19 PM
    Since it's new technology , maybe they will. Stranger things have happened

Chen could say "We are including this cable for all the loyal BB fans out there."

Well it could happen.
    New for BlackBerry, but I wouldn't exactly call it new. My Nexus 4 had Slimport nearly two years ago and it wasn't even the first phone with it.

It would be very nice if BlackBerry did include the adapter though. I bet the vast majority of people with a slimport enabled device have never used it, if they even know what it is. Including it the required adapter would be a industry first as far as I know and would make it much more likely that folks would actually use it.
    08-15-14 09:06 PM
    So regardless of what it actually is, it looks like you will be able to use a USB charger without an adapter. The adapter appears to only be necessary if you need to output to a monitor/tv AND charge. That sounds good to me.
    08-16-14 12:51 AM
    lol i don't know, I just felt bad for the OP
    Thank you for sharing your concern and addressing this type of tone that often appears in our community.

From my z30
    08-16-14 08:19 AM
    microUSB 2.0 cable included
    USB 3.0 cable, SlimPort cables not included

Full BlackBerry Passport spec sheet offers a few new details | CrackBerry.com

"USB 2.0 fully supported with standard microUSB 2.0 cable (included inbox), USB 3.0 client interface supported with custom BlackBerry cable (not included in box), Cabled-Video Out supported with standard SlimPort adaptor (not included in box). SlimPort adaptor cables exist to support the following video protocols: HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort 1.1, DisplayPort 1.2, DVI, NFC, Universal BlackBerry Connector with SlimPort enabled"
    08-22-14 01:48 PM
    I have to admit that I was wrong then. It is a Slim Port. Sorry for this and thank you for having let me discovered a new thing

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 04:23 AM
    This is ridiculous. My household will have 3 BlackBerry 10 handsets. 2 handsets I can take anywhere and if I need to I can pop into any large supermarket and grab a �6 micro HDMI and I am good to go.

I pick up a classic or passport and now I need a specific cable to do the same job. So much for the professional choice guess I had best pray I never have a problem in the field.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 07:02 PM
    I'm hoping this $8.65 combo should do me good with my existing long micro-usb cable. You might want to consider it if you already have a long microHDMI cable for existing BB10 device.

http://r.ebay.com/frLbUz

http://r.ebay.com/6OHltv
    sebstarr likes this.
    09-08-14 07:20 PM
43 12