Hello,

I have a Passport Silver Edition and I use it for about 4 month. Unfortunately I am one of those who has the random reboot/restart issue with it. I read all the forum post (I think...) and I don't find a solution that help me.
    I send it to the service, because is in the warranty period. They solution is: no solutions, they give me another phone (Passport SE or anything else) or they give my money back.

I am a Blackberry fan. I really like my Passport SE. But now I don't know if I have a chance to receive the replacement phone without the restart issue.

Please, write in this thread if you are the owner of the Passport Silver Edition WITHOUT random restart reboot problems.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 09:18 AM
    There have been a few post about that issue... but still not really what I would call common.

I'd say you have a good shot at getting a new (refurbished) phone without the issue.

But also a good chance to consider BB10's future and if a Passport is going to meet your needs.
    07-29-16 09:56 AM
    I would send it back and take the refurbished one, i had to do it once with my passport SE and the replacement was actually better than the new one, have you tried reloading your software via auto loader to see if that helps, and are you on the newest OS.
    07-29-16 09:59 AM
    I have a silver one. Absolutely no restart issues.
    07-29-16 10:37 AM
    I also have the SE. No restart issues.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 10:41 AM
    Had the SE for almost a week now, restored it with the backup file I made from my OG passport + a handful of android apps...so far no issues whatsoever

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 11:06 AM
    Not common at all. Towers can mess with the phone too but not common

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    07-29-16 11:20 AM
    I have my se for about a year now. It works great, never had any issue. I think most likely that phone you had was defective. Sounds like bad memory chip or something of that sort. Good luck!
    07-29-16 12:00 PM
    Had my se passport for a few months no random restart. Go for another one.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 12:04 PM
    There have been a few post about that issue... but still not really what I would call common.

I'd say you have a good shot at getting a new (refurbished) phone without the issue.

But also a good chance to consider BB10's future and if a Passport is going to meet your needs.
    seems like BlackBerry dont have any resolution with this issue If u will do a research there's no concrete answer to his concern because I do experienced that on my classic

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 12:24 PM
    I have been using the PPSE for almost a year now. No restart issues (knock on wood). Good luck finding a solution

Posted via my Passport SE
    07-29-16 01:52 PM
    Ever notice there is always some issue with these launches of devices for BlackBerry?

Classic and Q10 had issues with double typing

Passport and Passport SE had screen lifts, random re-starts etc

Priv: SIM card issues, overheating, bugginess

It gets frustrating sometimes to love this company. I recall a sentence in the BlackBerry book "Losing the Signal" The former COO mentioned quality control issues with the Storm and other models. Said in his opinion the best way to limit the quality control issues was to stop selling the inventory with the issues, management went the other day and things continued.

Tough sometimes because I am looking at getting a SE Passport and I am a little nervous. 2 friends who I converted from iPhones purchased them when launched and both had the same issues. It was a tough scenario for me as I think it's a fantastic device!

Good luck to everyone out there.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 02:50 PM
    Get a new SIM card.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 03:54 PM
    I have had my Passport SE for almost a year and no reboot issues at all. I did not experience this with my Z10 either. I would take the replacement phone as the Passport SE to me is a great phone and fits all my needs better than anything else for now. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE & Semi Retired Z10
    07-30-16 02:16 AM
    No issues here

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    07-30-16 07:19 AM
    Thank you for all the posts!
    I will try another Passport SE.
    I will report back here the results .

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 02:39 AM
    My first had issues, second is perfect. I believe it's faulty hardware as I simply transferred one device to the other...

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    08-01-16 03:54 PM
    Never had such an issue with my passport. But I had that issue with my z10. An OS reload did the job! If you can just do that and I am pretty sure that would solve your issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 09:41 AM
    A friend of mine experienced reboot issue on his Passport SE. Sometimes twice or more per day, sometimes once a week. Service shop could not help as they did not manage to replicate the problem. Sold for about half of original price with full explanation given to new owner.
    08-04-16 05:50 PM
    Before my 9900 device(I can't recall which device it was) I had this problem and it just needed to be replaced. I now have the Passport for more than two years and recently a SE. Since it is the best phone in the world just ignore the fact that you received a phone that didn't work and accept the new or refurbished phone and continu with your productive life (using the bbpp).

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 05:39 AM
    Haven't had a problem here...
    08-06-16 12:24 PM
    I got two of them and i have no issues with them.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-16 01:15 PM
    Hello,

I have a Passport Silver Edition and I use it for about 4 month. Unfortunately I am one of those who has the random reboot/restart issue with it. I read all the forum post (I think...) and I don't find a solution that help me.
    I send it to the service, because is in the warranty period. They solution is: no solutions, they give me another phone (Passport SE or anything else) or they give my money back.

I am a Blackberry fan. I really like my Passport SE. But now I don't know if I have a chance to receive the replacement phone without the restart issue.

Please, write in this thread if you are the owner of the Passport Silver Edition WITHOUT random restart reboot problems.

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    Hello,

I received the new Passport Silver Edition, it is a new phone, not the refurbished one. I have NO random restarts, I use it for a week now.
    It is perfect!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 04:52 AM