Scrawny Arms Rob Lowe? ^^
    04-06-16 11:31 AM
    Would love a chance to get an SE, but hated the thought of letting my OG go ☺

-trackwheel-trackball-trackpad-keyboardtouch-
    Same for me

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 04:14 PM
    The Passport Silver Edition is the Rolls Royce of all smartphones-wp_20160406_002_edit.jpg

Double vision...

Although I am showing off coz one is being sent back!!! But still....

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    04-06-16 04:18 PM
    Would love a chance to get an SE, but hated the thought of letting my OG go ☺

I switched from an OG to the SE and honestly don't feel it was a bad decision at all. The OG is a premium device which really feels good on hands but the SE tops everything. Also the keyboard is so much better imo and I'm currently typing on it
    Solution : Get both

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 04:52 PM
    Also, with a little re-engineering, a BlackBerry Passport 2, could even be supreme:

Dual Sims
    Full frequency bands
    128 gb on board Memory
    Latest Cpu and video chips
    Slightly larger battery
    Better camera
    All metal frame

A winner for certain.

 BlackBerry Passport SE on Rogers in Victoria BC Canada to CB 10
    You forgot the 4 gigs of ram.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    04-06-16 05:15 PM
    You forgot the 4 gigs of ram.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    And the Powered by Android

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 05:28 PM
    What are the various SE purchase options? As far as I can see they are only available direct from BlackBerry.

Posted with a Passport for Productivity
    04-06-16 08:32 PM
    OMG - my Passport arrives on Friday - sing HALLELUJAH!!!!

I'm so excited about this!!!! I have coveted a Passport since they were announced.

I caved in last fall and bought a white one, allegedly new with opened box, but it arrived DOA and the battery symbol, when I finally got it to show a battery symbol (omg, the frustration and agony!) indicated that the battery was the problem. I have to give credit to the seller - they offered to pay to get it fixed and return it to me, but I declined. They were great - full refund, no hassle, we parted on friendly terms... BUT I was spooked. If you can't trust merchandise offered by a seller with near perfect feedback from more than 2,000 sales, who can you trust? That was in early October 2015. I decided to cool my jets - already in total overwhelm due to endless deadlines and way too much stress. Then, a week or so ago, ATT texted me a heads up (horse lingo for PAY ATTENTION!) - my beloved second phone, my Bold 9900 would no longer be supported and wouldn't work after December 2016. WTF?????? you gotta be kidding me!!!! I love that phone, but that text provided the "stick and spur" (horse lingo for "make greater effort") and I started shopping again.

Well, I went online to ebay - lots of Passports, but no bargains and few offered by highly rated sellers. I looked at black and red - wasn't interested in white (detested iPh is white - bad emotional association), the red PPs are at premo prices - way over retail! - and some SE were okay, but questionable feedback for sellers.

On Monday evening of this week, I ran an internet search for Blackberry Passport and what came up was Blackberry's spring sale - OMG!!! black and white Passports for $399 and change - and SEs for $439.20. I don't mind the shipping, but the sales tax jacked up the amount and I didn't care...

I started looking for reviews of the Silver Edition - and this thread, of course, came up very close to the front. I read many reviews, debated argued with my somewhat saner self, and came to the conclusion that a BNIB Passport with 30-day guarantee from BB itself ON SALE was a good idea. The options were to get some piece of junk from Sprint - and I already have the POS 4s that I can use into the ground and then junk it. It owes me nothing - a special Christmas promotion in 2012 (bye-bye VZW!!!).

I wanted to pay with real money and asked one of my publishers to advance part of my pay for a huge story I deliver in early June. I kicked in the balance & paid for it on paypal - all this happened on Tuesday evening - I'M DELIRIOUS WITH JOY!!!!!!

My RR SE arrives late Friday afternoon - at the business location of that publisher where there will be another unboxing - I've written for HC for nearly 20 years - everyone who watched the unboxlng were almost as disappointed as I was when the white PP would not turn on. They thought it was lovely, but I had a feeling that the verdict would be DOA.

I CAN'T WAIT TO UNBOX THE SILVER EDITION - my very own Rolls Royce of smart phones!!!

So much waiting and wishing for months and months - I joined Crackberry in October 2014 - about the time that I ended up buying that wonderful gently used Bold 9900 - in fact, it was because of advice on CB that I bought the 9900. Smartest move I ever made, phone-wise - but honestly, I have suffered greatly from envying everyone their Passports and now I'm about to become the happiest horsey geek on the face of the earth!!!!!

It will be a learning curve - I wasn't crazy about the Q10 (which will be donated to a women's shelter, by the way, because Sprint no longer sells the sim card for it, but it will dial 911 on wireless). My verdict: the Q10 had a bigger screen but it was NOT better than the 9900. I will keep the 9900 for auld lang syne even though we were together for such a short time...

So, that's my take on the Silver Edition - and thanks to OP and everyone who chimed in - I think I will be very very happy with my Passport - I mean, better than diamonds IMHO - here's to a long battery life and happy days of digital productivity!!!

PS any tips, hints, etc., please let me know! - I would love to hear from you!
    xKingHopy likes this.
    04-07-16 01:59 PM
    PS
    Anyone have any suggestions whether I should invest in the $4.95/month 2-year Passport support for repairs etc?
    Last edited by PonyCrazyKid; 04-07-16 at 02:10 PM. Reason: what I posted was a bit OT & felt it belonged elsewhere
    04-07-16 02:07 PM
    Amen to that! =)

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 05:20 PM
    Those are actually really really sexy!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-16 05:23 PM
    So I am actually rocking the Rolls-Royce of smartphones. Cool.

Posted via CB10
    So the SE represents the Phantom which is the top tier RR, I have an OG Passport, am I cruising in a Ghost?!
    PonyCrazyKid and adiguna80 like this.
    04-07-16 05:51 PM
    After receiving mine two days ago I agree. The SE is the Rolls Royce of all smart phones.

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    06-12-16 11:09 AM
    This thought came across my mind when reading an article on the Rolls Royce "Dawn", the there called "finest cabriolet" in the world, a few minutes ago.

Both devices can be characterized by the following marks:

- Elegant in shape
    - Strong in power
    - British-like reluctance
    - Eye catcher and head turner
    - A bit clumsy

No wonder British like the Passport Silver Edition so much. All ten reviewers at Amazon/UK gave full five stars. You might think, ten reviewers aren't that many, but Rolls Royces on England's streets aren't either.
    ;-)

Posted via CB10
    I love the SE. Excellent and nice phone. Maybe the best ever released by BlackBerry

:-)

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 02:25 PM
    Its design is very close to perfection. I'm not sure I'll ever have a better looking phone ♡
    06-15-16 11:34 AM
    Would love a chance to get an SE, but hated the thought of letting my OG go

Also, the lifted screen on every SE I've ever seen
    06-17-16 08:44 AM
    Beautiful phone.

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    06-17-16 10:13 PM
    Also, the lifted screen on every SE I've ever seen
    You can fix your screen lift by yourself. I also did it.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    06-22-16 08:18 AM

Which is something that you'll never experience/perform on an actual Rolls Royce automobile.
    Imagine pushing down or krazy gluing the car's windshield because it lifted. That would kill Rolls Royce's reputation and business.

*A3-A20
    06-22-16 09:07 AM
    Which is something that you'll never experience/perform on an actual Rolls Royce automobile.
    Imagine pushing down or krazy gluing the car's windshield because it lifted. That would kill Rolls Royce's reputation and business.

*A3-A20
    I loved the design of the iPhone 4. The screen was secured via tension on the band tightened by two screws at the bottom. I think.

One of them was that way, and it was brilliant. The Passport SE is slapdash.
    06-25-16 08:29 AM
    I have loved this phone since receiving this phone in January. Even to this day I admire the craftsmanship and design of this beautiful phone. Great job Blackberry.
    06-25-16 03:54 PM
    I like to think of my PPSE as a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport. Strong, powerful, sexy, stylish and rare as hens teeth.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 11:22 PM
    It is a definite standout of the current BlackBerry phones. Does anyone know who makes great fitting cases for it?
    06-26-16 01:48 AM

What's the best way to do it?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-16 10:49 AM
    What's the best way to do it?

Posted via CB10
    Here's one method:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...issue-1073173/

Does your Passport have that dreaded screen lifting issue too?

*ME173X
    06-26-16 11:05 AM
122 1234 ...