Thank you. I didn't know that. But, really, I think I'll move on to iOS, been trying one, a medium range 5c, and I enjoyed it. Stable and fast, no hiccups. An example of a good OS and a serious company. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    Lol ios battery battery performance poooor...

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 10:09 AM
    Close runnning background apps in the cpu tab under device manager and also under apps permission disable running apps when minimized.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. I did that a long time ago. The system showed a peak in the battery consumption, not anymore after I deleted some apk's and restarted the phone a couple of times. How long have you had yours? Mine was one year old last month. Kind of early to stop working...or at least to underperform, for such a premium device. At least the price was premium )
    09-04-16 10:44 AM
    I know, but nowadays my Passport is performing even worse. Can't stand a charge for 14 hours, while the iPhone can, almost double that. It's unbelievable, I know, I always considered iPhones toys not tools, but I am starting to change opinion. I really don't know what to do to my Passport to make it work like it used to, a very impressive device. Now I realize that things can only go from bad to worse, in light of the new track followed by BlackBerry. So, I am trying to minimize the losses, soon we'll be selling our Passports for peanuts...Maybe sooner than we'd expect.
    Couldn't be a bad app or towers or a bad battery. Ever wonder how battery tech works? Ask tesla. Get it repaired.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    09-04-16 10:58 AM
    hey man, im looking to buy thr silver today.... a few questions. will these apps work on silver? think or swim, xbox smart glass, kik messenger, whatsapp, chase mobile app, destiny app, paypal, group me and robinhood, instagram, fb messengers, uber, postmates, and paypal.
    09-04-16 11:42 AM
    Thank you. I did that a long time ago. The system showed a peak in the battery consumption, not anymore after I deleted some apk's and restarted the phone a couple of times. How long have you had yours? Mine was one year old last month. Kind of early to stop working...or at least to underperform, for such a premium device. At least the price was premium )
    I had same issues with a replacement OG, turns out it was corrupted backup from my Windows laptop, I had to use the Windows laptop as my Mac wasn't connecting with my Passport or Z10 and BlackBerry doesn't have any plans to update Link. BlackBerry Technical support phoned and asked me to re-install BBLink then to do a backup then security wipe so I followed the instructions for Security Wipe.

1. Turn off BlackBerry Protect.
    2. Turn off Encryption and remove SD card.
    3. Go to Security Wipe then Delete Data (make sure you have done step 2!!) it will then ask you to type "blackberry"(did on mine don't know if same for you) as a safety measure.

This takes roughly about an hour but depends on how much Data you have to delete, once this has finished the phone will turn off,keep connected to link turn back on and re-install last Backup(this took about 2hrs), last thing to finnish is contacts, after finishing check contacts then should be completed, try running for a few days and see battery etc do a hard reset if necessary(hold up and down volume buttons at same time till phone restarts).

If like me you have a corrupted Backup you will have to do a Security Wipe again, I moved all pictures PDF's onto SD card and backed up Password Keeper on Cloud Synchronisation, I did not re-install or reload OS just start as new phone, the only things I lost was Text messages and backups of WhatsApp messages and few other thing that didn't bother me, just to say you can download "Device switch" for your Contacts if you have them stored on another phone(I used my Z10) , My OG Passport is working like new no issues with battery(so far)and the OS seems to have no issues either.

So this is just a suggestion for you but it worked for me.

Posted by my majestic Passport
    ioan_calin likes this.
    09-04-16 06:49 PM
80 ... 234