[WARN]This thread has gone way off topic. Those posts, and where they were quoted have been deleted.

Most of the participants know very well that making personal comments about other members is not acceptable. You can debate and disagree, but do so in a civil manner and don't get personal. Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to either criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If your are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic; you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.

Also, i
    f you have a complaint or issue with a volunteer, please bring it up privately via private message to the Moderator Team Leader howarmat or Community Manager, James Falconer (James Falconer).

[/WARN]
    /open
    Last edited by Ecm; 10-23-16 at 04:48 PM.
    10-23-16 04:38 PM
    My excitement is piquing...my Passport arrives today!
    YesAndNo and joseanmx like this.
    10-24-16 08:34 AM
    I had to get an SE with the current sale. I have the Red Passport and it's a beauty, but oh man, is the SE a good looking device. It came by Purolator last night and I can't keep it out of my hands. I thought the typing experience was good on Big Red, but the SE is so smooth. Big Red is now the backup. Very happy.

Posted via CB10
    sjohnvivian and YesAndNo like this.
    10-25-16 01:19 PM
    I am enjoying the SE over the original Passport! It's just has such a great retro industrial look and it feels great in hand!!
    joseanmx likes this.
    10-25-16 02:02 PM
    I'm so close to buying a like new passport se for 200$ on Thursday, rebuilding my collection, had to sell a square 1 bout 2 months ago. so i'll have a Classic, Priv and SE
    10-25-16 02:14 PM
    I'm so close to buying a like new passport se for 200$ on Thursday, rebuilding my collection, had to sell a square 1 bout 2 months ago. so i'll have a Classic, Priv and SE
    New ones on shopBB are only $299! It's worth it.
    jimmy zamalot likes this.
    10-25-16 03:57 PM
    Ithink. BBOS is the best OS.

Posted via CB10
    YesAndNo likes this.
    10-25-16 06:05 PM
    Just ordered another silver edition as well should be here soon

best BB ever according to me
    sjohnvivian likes this.
    10-27-16 01:57 AM
    I picked up the Silver Edition because it was a great example of BlackBerry Product Refinement. They took an already good product and added additional value. And years later with newer BlackBerries on the horizon, it's still selling.

But when I got it, I fully anticipated the BlackBerry backlash. You know folks asking is that a BlackBerry? But instead of the follow-up statements being "why are you still rocking that", mostly what I hear is " that's really nice". And once they hold it...well let's say BlackBerry perspectives are changed for the better. Giving a twist to an old saying :
    A BlackBerry held in hand, is better than two advertised in a book.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    joseanmx, dmlis and sjohnvivian like this.
    10-27-16 03:09 AM
    I picked up the Silver Edition because it was a great example of BlackBerry Product Refinement. They took an already good product and added additional value. And years later with newer BlackBerries on the horizon, it's still selling.

But when I got it, I fully anticipated the BlackBerry backlash. You know folks asking is that a BlackBerry? But instead of the follow-up statements being "why are you still rocking that", mostly what I hear is " that's really nice". And once they hold it...well let's say BlackBerry perspectives are changed for the better. Giving a twist to an old saying :
    A BlackBerry held in hand, is better than two advertised in a book.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    My Passport actually inspired a young lady to buy a white Passport for her father to replace his iPhone.
    sjohnvivian likes this.
    10-27-16 01:29 PM
    The ergonomics of the SE of the Passport are fantastic. And people are taken aback by the design. When I'd tote around the OG Passport a lot of people had questions about it and it had a positive response, but the SE people seem more excited about it when the compliment it. Clearly BlackBerry did a great job investing in this refinement. Now if only I'd get a Passport 2 in a similar design...I know it's not likely to happen but a guy can dream lol
    10-28-16 08:40 AM
    I just switched back to a brand new Passport SE from Amazon. It was only $269 shipped, primarily because it's the version that has small Arabic characters on it. Honestly, it's not bad at all.... in fact it actually looks even MORE unique when the keypad lights up. I had an OG Black one about 2 years ago so I'm pretty familiar with it. When I saw this SE brand new for such a low price I couldn't resist. I've been on a Huawei P9 & Honor 8 Sapphire and I have to admit.... being on the SE has actually been a very nice welcomed change.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 12:17 PM
    Does anyone have an idea as to the number of Passport SEs there are in the Shop Blackberry inventory? IOW, will they run out one of these days, or do they have a huge oversupply, which accounts for the low price?

I also wonder if in a couple of years most of the Android apps will stop working and the device will be pretty much limited to email, SMS, Internet surfing, and photos. On the other hand, will it really matter, given that almost everything will be Web based?
    10-31-16 12:37 PM
    I also wonder if in a couple of years most of the Android apps will stop working and the device will be pretty much limited to email, SMS, Internet surfing, and photos. On the other hand, will it really matter, given that almost everything will be Web based?
    Moving to web-based protocols also means requiring browsers that support recent protocols.
    10-31-16 02:08 PM
    Now if only I'd get a Passport 2 in a similar design...I know it's not likely to happen but a guy can dream lol
    "Well you know there should be no law on a man that want to smoke a little dope have a little hope."
    ;-)
    sjohnvivian likes this.
    10-31-16 03:37 PM
    Moving to web-based protocols also means requiring browsers that support recent protocols.
    I didn't think of that.
    10-31-16 07:40 PM
    From my limited understanding, the passport will have full android capabilities by the end of its lifetime. Blackberry has to fulfill there contract and create 10.3.4 but since they are now a software company, we should expect even more. Also, from what I understand, the BlackBerry Passport functions way better now, than when it first came out.

Unfortunately I don't think many shareholders care about keeping BlackBerry 10 and fighting the good fight. If they did care BlackBerry would still make hardware, push BlackBerry 10 and create different ad campaigns. BlackBerry seems like it has forgotten who ruled the tech scene before the Era of snapchat.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 09:45 AM
    I don't even care about updating the runtime to Lollipop or whatever. I remember Google said they can not update the runtime for some reason.

BUT PLEASE! Can you just make it faster? Whatever works now, just speed it up! That would make a huge difference. Oh, and update the browser too!

Faster Android runtime and updated Browser is all we need to keep the Passport running for a bit longer!
    11-01-16 10:01 AM
43 12