Just black or silver edition? Grey is my favourite color because it reminds me of my fluffy mice pets and their beautiful fur~ yay.
    So I should go with silver I guess!
    Here, right now, black is about 100$ cheaper, but I'm happy to spend more for better/sturdier.

Are there main differences? Aside from the looks and color I mean.
    Which one do you have, what do you like/dislike about Passport in general?

I'd like to know.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 08:24 AM
    Most think the Silver is worth the extra cost....

There are dozen of threads on this subject, even a poll or two. Do a search....
    10-26-16 08:29 AM
    Silver Edition. Just do it.
    joseanmx and bigjman like this.
    10-26-16 08:30 AM
    They're both really classic designs that will stand the test of time, as opposed to the generic iPhones and Androids... I got the SE but find the black model drop dead gorgeous.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    10-26-16 08:35 AM
    I got an iPhone 3gs that stood the test of time :O the one I expected to resist less. Battery lasts one hour too. Amazing, when I first got it, 3h record. While our cheapy androids like all look beat up and get crappy edges even though I take good care of them.

Anyway seriously now, are the passportz sensitive to scratches? fingerprint magnets?
    At first I wanted a used one but it wasn't possible to find one in good condition on ebay lately. I'm sure it depends on the users though.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 09:07 AM
    Depends on the type of Passport you would love to carry. Black is classy with the typical blackberry look. It has more harder keys that clicks... The SE on the other looks corporate, it's got the apple mac book kind of design and grey, the silver edition has softer keys with a tad better antennas for reception and calling. It's your pick, choose wisely. If it was me, I would have first got the black and then the SE as a collectors device.

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    10-26-16 10:04 AM
    I recommend the AT&T version. I returned my silver edition due to screen lift. I also like the rounded corners instead of the square top of the SE.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    10-26-16 10:10 AM
    Just black or silver edition? Grey is my favourite color because it reminds me of my fluffy mice pets and their beautiful fur~ yay.
    Here, right now, black is about 100$ cheaper, but I'm happy to spend more for better/sturdier.

I'd like to know.

Posted via CB10
    Black is solid color/build and silver get scratches easily!!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 10:22 AM
    Thanks for all your answers!
    I'll consider everything and choose wisely.

Farzeen so cool you are a collector! I like your idea to get both colors at some point. Gotta buy each 3 times, once for using, one as backup if ever the first one breaks and a third one to keep mint.
    -
    No at n t here. So there are like issues with specific productions and others don't have that glitch, did I get this right? Will I be fine ordering directly from blackberry Europe, or are there known problems for that batch too?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 10:26 AM
    I have the Red version and just picked up the SE 2 days ago. Still in love with Big Red, but the SE is drop dead gorgeous. The keys have a softer click on the SE and I think the typing experience will be better on the SE. If I were you, go with the SE.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 10:26 AM
    Never seen the red one in person. That one's fun too. I'm leaning towards silver 99%. Black is super beautiful too but I like that corporate look and the silver has a bit of black with it which is good

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 10:30 AM
    The AT&T variant is the best of the bunch.

The SE is all hype. It's no different from the other models and IMO it's ugly.

Posted via CB10
    Griffin2012 likes this.
    10-26-16 10:50 AM
    I recommend getting a passport from your home country. It would be illegal otherwise
    Don't wanna get caught at the airport :P
    10-26-16 12:23 PM
    ATT is great in hand. It feels thicker and does not look as cool as other two but it has wireless charging, curved corners and extra space at the bottom like SE. I don't think it types as well as SE but have not compared.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 01:49 PM
    This late in the Game, does it really matter which one to get?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 02:12 PM
    Close your eyes and just get the Silver Edition!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 02:53 PM
    Love the SILVER
    10-26-16 04:07 PM
    The SE is a definite win. But the rounded AT&T version is really nice, feels totally different in the hand in a positive way. Plus! Has wireless charging where the others do not.

But coming from a BB lover, if you already have one (a passport)...I wouldnt buy another. I mean if you have the money to burn go for it! I just think you'd be better for it holding off since support for the system is slowly being pulled.
    10-26-16 04:48 PM
    Grab an SE. It has a metal beam construction in the middle, softer keys,premium looks & better antennas.

via BlackBerry P A S S P O R T | Original Gangster
    10-26-16 10:03 PM
    The SE is a definite win. But the rounded AT&T version is really nice, feels totally different in the hand in a positive way. Plus! Has wireless charging where the others do not.

But coming from a BB lover, if you already have one (a passport)...I wouldnt buy another. I mean if you have the money to burn go for it! I just think you'd be better for it holding off since support for the system is slowly being pulled.
    If you know you will be using for another 2+ years, it makes sense. Question for me is will prices go up or down for a reliable Passport over time?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 10:05 PM

I'd like to know.

Posted via CB10
    Get the silver edition. Definitely! I think the extra price is absolutely worth it. The phone is basically the same yes, but the feel and look on the SE is surreal, I love it so much, and the speakers are so premium, I think that is one difference with the black model, the speakers sound a lot better. The whole feel on the SE is super premium, go for it
    to boldly go likes this.
    10-26-16 11:12 PM
    If u want a passport go for the original one. Best quality build. Keys over time feels amazingly soft, premium look serious look no crap no lies. Yes silver edition feels more premium but If I were u I would rather choose something serious and low profile than something shinny and high profile. Make ur choice but I will suggest u to think twice before getting a passport

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    10-28-16 02:27 AM
    The -1 has no wireless charging , -2-3-4 do . Also seems the FM radio freq range is different on some sites .
    10-29-16 11:08 AM
    Love my SE but was actually surprised, I find I like the typing experience better on the OG Passport with the more responsive keys and it just...reminds me of a bigger, faster, nicer version of the Q10. I do love the classic BB black also. Both great, probably going to switch between them.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    10-29-16 02:44 PM
    Originally I did not like the Silver as much looking online, and I wanted a White one more, pointy corners and all. The Silver with the rounded bottom corners makes a difference in hold-ability. With a brown leather backing on it, it makes it look so handsome, any woman OR man would have to drool for one!

The difference in the keyboard? I slightly prefer the White keyboard shape over the Silver, but, I can haz both : ) , so don't make me choose!

If I could only have one, the Silver for sure! At the the time of buying the White one the Silver was $100 more, too.
    Last edited by to boldly go; 10-29-16 at 05:36 PM. Reason: clarification
    10-29-16 05:35 PM
27 12