Okay that's me sent my Passport back for repair or replacement under warranty, so I sent from Glasgow at 14:15 they said should arrive tomorrow before 13:00 so that's to Mobilephonesdirect in England, will keep updated for anyone interested so you know how long the process will take.

Posted via my magical Passport with BB10 none of Droid rubbish!
    07-20-16 08:57 AM
    keep us posted..
    07-20-16 11:25 AM
    Update: Mobilephonesdirect took delivery at 09:51,will call tomorrow and see what they are doing and when they are sending away to BlackBerry.

07-21-16 12:13 PM
    what was wrong with it?
    07-21-16 12:37 PM
    what was wrong with it?
    Had a hardware issue with the front facing camera so BlackBerry said send it back and they will fix or replace under warranty.

07-21-16 01:14 PM
    ok. Trying to decide if I want to send mine back in for stupid screen lift for the second time
    07-21-16 02:19 PM
    ok. Trying to decide if I want to send mine back in for stupid screen lift for the second time
    Never had any issues with screen lift, but if I did I would probably send it back, are you still covered with warranty?

Last edited by Mark bb10; 07-21-16 at 04:42 PM.
    07-21-16 03:17 PM
    They gonna send u a refurbished replacement

Posted via CB10
    07-21-16 03:49 PM
    Never had any issues with screen lift, but if I did I would probably send it back, are you still covered with warranty?

No, it's not under warranty anymore. On second thought, I will just deal with it since its not my main phone anymore, don't feel like the hassle of sending it back again, wiping the device, then reloading stuff..blah, blah, blah
    07-22-16 12:24 PM
    Update: Mobilephonesdirect contacted me today saying.

"I am contacting you *regarding your Blackberry Passport which you returned for a repair, we have now received this back from Blackberry and will be dispatching this to you within the next few days."

Now this is fast, either they have repaired or BlackBerry have just sent them an other replacement phone and Mobilephonesdirect will return other Passport, so will see when I receive it back.

07-22-16 12:40 PM
    I posted this information in another thread regarding poor customer service / warranty issues.

Contact BlackBerry directly via the following links at a few different locations. Make your feelings be known via a phone call and a few letters. Nobody writes letters anymore but these do have a habit of getting to higher level employees. They use them as "coaching" methods and other corporate things.

For whatever reason when people take the time to write a letter and mail it, it carries more weight than a tweet, email etc. I am not guaranteeing anything but in my experience letters seem to garner a different response from companies.

http://ca.blackberry.com/company/about-us/contact.html

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 05:17 PM
    They gonna send u a refurbished replacement

Posted via CB10
    B positive

Posted via Priv
    07-23-16 04:29 AM
    Update: I received Passport yesterday, and it is a refurbished phone, which is okay as I have had the original phone since launch, reloaded OS and all is good, the only thing is I wish BlackBerry would update software for Link on Mac as it is very awkward and time consuming to use my old Windows laptop to reload back-up.

So from sending away(20/07/2016 14:16)to replacement of phone(22/07/2016 11:40)is I think a very good turnaround I think.

Will give another update in about a month or so if I have anymore issue with this phone.

I hope this has been helpful to anyone wanting to know how long it takes to get a replacement or repair under warranty in the UK at least.

Last edited by Mark bb10; 08-22-16 at 09:35 PM.
    07-24-16 07:27 AM