Does anyone else see that when their passport is turned off, with the battery at 100%, that after 24 hrs of staying off, it loses 20% of battery? This is an oddball thing. I understand there will be some losses/degradation, but 20% in 24 hrs, that seems to be too much. It doesn't lose that much battery power with the device on for 24 hours.

Anyone else experience this, and/or have any insights?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 06:13 AM
    I don't think you are alone with this problem, take a look at this thread.

Battery Drains Even When Phone is Off

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    03-15-17 07:10 AM
    no using functions much: clock, sending some messages, of course, turn on passport in 24 hours, my passport just consumes about 20% battery. It might go something wrong with your BlackBerry, I think.
    03-15-17 08:51 AM
    On my SE With 100% battery instead of "turning off" I put into Airplane mode and battery saving mode. No such drain as you mention.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-17 09:15 AM
    I just read these posts. It doesn't look like a definitive solution came about. I have a hard time believing that having a large capacity sd card will drain a battery when the device is off. There should be no reason why there would be any applied signals to and from the card when the unit is off. It only started from the last update .1463.

I'll start a service ticket with BB, since it is still under warranty.
    03-15-17 12:33 PM
    SO I reloaded the OS last night, charged to 100%, and with the phone off like this, it went down to 94%. What could possibly be consuming power when the device is turned off? So that would mean 6% of battery consumed for every 8 hours it is off. Very strange.
    03-16-17 07:18 AM
    I think no problem... Chek the connector

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    03-16-17 07:38 AM
    Connector is fine. The problem is that when it is off, the battery drains significantly. Which shouldn't happen.
    03-17-17 06:41 AM
    I had 2 passport SE. One of them like that. After I replace screen because felt down so nothing happens draining after turn off. I think defect device you have

03-17-17 07:54 AM
    Not sure why your even turn off the phone. I use bedside mood when it on the charger. Try that instead of turn it off.

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    03-17-17 08:00 AM
    Not sure why your even turn off the phone. I use bedside mood when it on the charger. Try that instead of turn it off.

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    I always use bedside mood too! Lol

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    03-17-17 03:41 PM
  12. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    SO I reloaded the OS last night, charged to 100%, and with the phone off like this, it went down to 94%. What could possibly be consuming power when the device is turned off? So that would mean 6% of battery consumed for every 8 hours it is off. Very strange.
    If I get this. I don't turn off that. I will use airplant mode. I think passport SE much more problem. Different of OG, but lucky one will get the best device

03-17-17 08:16 PM
    I did factory reset for my passport today and got rid of almost every android apk's and battery life got so much better. Does anyone know will there ever be native solution for spotify?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-17 05:27 PM
    There's lots of good reasons to turn it off. Read the original thread. Sometimes the Passport is going in storage for whatever reason. e.g. ski holiday and you don't want to carry a bulky phone with you, using alternate phone for travel, just switching devices temporarily, etc.

It's clearly a problem for a lot of people, something which I think we have not seen from original Passport or any other BB10 phone, just the SE for some reason.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-20-17 06:06 PM

It's clearly a problem for a lot of people, something which I think we have not seen from original Passport or any other BB10 phone, just the SE for some reason.
    Well it's an issue for some but not all. The SE has had it share of issues.
    03-20-17 06:17 PM
    There's lots of good reasons to turn it off. Read the original thread. Sometimes the Passport is going in storage for whatever reason. e.g. ski holiday and you don't want to carry a bulky phone with you, using alternate phone for travel, just switching devices temporarily, etc.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I didn't know it was mostly the SE that was experiencing this issue. That's just odd. I thought all the phone guts are the same, but then again, maybe not.

I started a ticket with Blackberry, since it is still under warranty, but after sending them logs and screen shots that they requested, the "analysts" deemed nothing wrong. That was strange especially when they saw that the phone was off for two days and the battery went from 100% to 75%. I then asked then if I would have the 14.5 day standby time as advertised, and there was silence. It is disheartening that they are giving me a cold shoulder, not sure of others however, even though it is still under warranty. Just sad. Not sure if I even want to get the Keyone anymore. It might be best to pay the premium for a Pixel, and have solid customer service, updates, and so on.

In not so many words, it seems I was told to pound sand.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-17 06:26 AM
    I did factory reset for my passport today and got rid of almost every android apk's and battery life got so much better. Does anyone know will there ever be native solution for spotify?

Posted via CB10
    No, which is a shame considering that BBOS still has a viable Spotify app.
    03-22-17 08:03 AM
    I didn't know it was mostly the SE that was experiencing this issue. That's just odd. I thought all the phone guts are the same, but then again, maybe not.

I started a ticket with Blackberry, since it is still under warranty, but after sending them logs and screen shots that they requested, the "analysts" deemed nothing wrong. That was strange especially when they saw that the phone was off for two days and the battery went from 100% to 75%. I then asked then if I would have the 14.5 day standby time as advertised, and there was silence. It is disheartening that they are giving me a cold shoulder, not sure of others however, even though it is still under warranty. Just sad. Not sure if I even want to get the Keyone anymore. It might be best to pay the premium for a Pixel, and have solid customer service, updates, and so on.

In not so many words, it seems I was told to pound sand.

Posted via CB10
    I believe that what is happening is a rogue interaction with an APK. I had similar issues with battery drain, both when the device was on and off. There were times that when on I would blow through 50% battery in under two hours with the device hot enough to fry and egg. I have since taken all but the necessary APKs off and have seen much a marked improvement.
    03-22-17 08:07 AM
    No, which is a shame considering that BBOS still has a viable Spotify app.
    Switched to deezer and im trying to only use native apps to save battery and keep everything running smoothly.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-17 09:26 AM
    I believe that what is happening is a rogue interaction with an APK. I had similar issues with battery drain, both when the device was on and off. There were times that when on I would blow through 50% battery in under two hours with the device hot enough to fry and egg. I have since taken all but the necessary APKs off and have seen much a marked improvement.
    I did a clean install and it is still the same result. Did this as part of blackberry's suggested fix. With a clean install and charged to 100%, I turned it off and left it for two day's. It went from 100% to 75% in two days when I turned it on.

Here is a screenshot, of a second go around with Blackberry to replace the battery. Charged to 100% and taken off of charger. Then used in the am for surfing, 1 call, then listening to audio at work with headphones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170322_123714.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	420040

If this is normal, then that stinks, and their proposed and posted "up to" numbers of battery life are not attainable. Sad, this phone is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 06:23 AM