Hi there,

Just noticed a serious issue with my passport screen.

It does now lift up for no reason.

I'm getting worried.

Is that a serious issue ? Can it be fixed easily ?

Bought it like 10-11 months ago... and online. Don't really know what should I do.

Any thought much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Passport screen lifts up : getting worried, any thought ? see pictures-dsc03549.jpg
    Passport screen lifts up : getting worried, any thought ? see pictures-dsc03550.jpg
    10-05-15 12:38 PM
    I always wondered what this issue looked like! I was good with mine and never had the problem.
    10-05-15 01:35 PM
    bb might exchange it under warranty but try your carrier as well if you purchased from them
    10-05-15 01:43 PM
    The forums are thick with this issue. I've never experienced it myself, but it seems to happen. The general consensus has to do with the frame bending and weak glue. You "might" be able to gently twist your frame to let that corner settle back in, but I'm not telling you to do it. Like the above comment mentioned, see if you can get a replacement.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    10-05-15 02:28 PM
    As far as I know it's caused by heat and the glue under the screen eventually loses its stickiness. I've seen some re-gluing it back. There are some threads here, perhaps try Youtube.

I haven't personally experienced it.

Posted using Silver PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    10-05-15 04:29 PM
    Just superglue it back. That's what I did

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 04:55 PM
    My carrier AT&T has changed about 3 to me for the same reason.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 05:13 PM
    What care do you have one it in those pictures?

Is it a ATT PP?
    10-05-15 05:21 PM
    Easy DIY fix. Place a drop of crazy glue onto the end of a pin and just touch under the edge of the lifting corner with the pin. Good as new.
    Before
    Passport screen lifts up : getting worried, any thought ? see pictures-passport-screen-lift..jpg
    After
    Passport screen lifts up : getting worried, any thought ? see pictures-fixed-screen.jpg

Posted via CB10
    WRubin23 likes this.
    10-05-15 08:45 PM
    If warranty is still valid, take advantage of it. If not, you can use glue if you want to. However, I would recommend 3M 300LSE or higher grade adhesive tape. We have been using it for years with iPhones and Samsung devices and on the Passports we have reworked with screen lifting issues, customers are reporting that the screens are holding just fine.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    SmileDahling likes this.
    10-05-15 09:08 PM
    I'm very surprised to see that many replies. Thanks a lot everyone.

I'll try to use the warranty first, and if it looks like a dead end i'll go for the glue using a pin.

Fingers crossing
    10-06-15 01:40 PM
    I'm very surprised to see that many replies. Thanks a lot everyone.

I'll try to use the warranty first, and if it looks like a dead end i'll go for the glue using a pin.

Fingers crossing
    Too bad your passport has the screen lifting issue. Threads like this make me reluctant to purchase the passport. Hope you get your replacement hassle free. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 01:43 PM
    Used to keep Blackberry Passport in my back pocket and lifting happened. Phone replaced and lifting occurred again! Learned my lesson and phone's been ok for months now.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 01:51 PM
    Used to keep Blackberry Passport in my back pocket and lifting happened. Phone replaced and lifting occurred again! Learned my lesson and phone's been ok for months now.

Posted via CB10
    Do you use a holster now? Or just carry the passport? That's one of the issues I see with the phone. Where do you put it? Portability? And so on. I recently owned the Z30 and Leap and the size was a bit of a hassle for me. I currently use the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 01:56 PM
    Blackberry will honour the warranty for a lifted screen. Keep in mind that you will have to send the device back to BlackBerry for about a week. So if you can live without your phone for that long then by all means do that. I on the other hand was not willing to do that so I opted for the glue on pin method.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 04:37 PM
    Well, well, well, what do we have here?!?
    Passport screen lifts up : getting worried, any thought ? see pictures-img_20151006_220601_hdr_edit.jpg

Posted via my OGBBPP!
    10-06-15 10:31 PM
    Super glue along the lift, with a fine nib super glue, compress with bands and a heavy book on top! Works a treat mate! I had the exact same lift and mines good as new! Just use a fine nail file to shave the edge after to make it smooth again, bobs your uncle!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 12:57 AM
    Super glue along the lift, with a fine nib super glue, compress with bands and a heavy book on top! Works a treat mate! I had the exact same lift and mines good as new! Just use a fine nail file to shave the edge after to make it smooth again, bobs your uncle!

Posted via CB10
    Dont ever use super glue, you will mess up the surrounding area with the excess glue, it will be glued for good though. Use a high grade double sided tape instead.
    pkcable likes this.
    10-07-15 05:26 AM
    Go for the SE :-D

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 05:33 PM
    Not for good. It will eventually lift again from the heat. As mine has done.
    I'll try the tape this time.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 10:49 PM
    Stop using that BlackBerry hard case you have on it.

Mine was causing my upper right corner to lift on my Passport. Once I took the case off, the corner lift gradually went back down.
    12-13-15 03:28 PM