I bought the Passport from Expansys.com. After couple of month my screen started falling apart. In the upper right corner (near the volume control), when I press on screen, he flexes and creaks. Someone has a similar problem?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-15 11:35 PM
    That's not normal....

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 12:57 AM
    I noticed the same on my new device...

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 01:42 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aching-989995/

It's happening more and more.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 02:04 AM
    It looks more and more like a structural flaw (see also my post referenced above and other posts).

This should be addressed by Crackberry in an open and public way. It could first assess how big the issue is and subsequently if sufficient proof is available write an article. If Blackberry is smart it takes action now even before this hits the mainstream media. If not, it's already vulnerable reputation could take a final blow.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 05:19 AM
    Where do you carry your phone? (pouch, case, pocket...)
    01-13-15 07:20 AM
    It looks more and more like a structural flaw (see also my post referenced above and other posts).

This should be addressed by Crackberry in an open and public way. It could first assess how big the issue is and subsequently if sufficient proof is available write an article. If Blackberry is smart it takes action now even before this hits the mainstream media. If not, it's already vulnerable reputation could take a final blow.

Posted via CB10
    I also think this is the correct method of approaching the issue, I would think that BlackBerry would want to be made aware of the issue, so they could make the necessary changes in their manufacturing process. I wish there was a direct way to communicate with the engineering folks in Waterloo to bring their attention to these issues?

Sent from my awesome red Passport on T Mobile USA
    01-13-15 08:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    I also think this is the correct method of approaching the issue, I would think that BlackBerry would want to be made aware of the issue, so they could make the necessary changes in their manufacturing process. I wish there was a direct way to communicate with the engineering folks in Waterloo to bring their attention to these issues?

Sent from my awesome red Passport on T Mobile USA
    I'm not sure that CrackBerry can assess the magnitude of this problem. Most users will reply saying their devices are fine, legitimately. However, every single Passport produced to date is at high risk. The Black Passport is the worst because it has the softest rear cover. The harder rear covers on the White and Red Passport provide extra structural support. I would go so far as to say that over the lifetime, majority of shipped Passports based on the original design will fail the same way.

I've already brought this up to BlackBerry management over the phone, but I don't believe that they took my warning seriously. I've therefore drafted an email explaining the problem and where the structural weakness lies exactly, that results in torquing, bending, screen failures, and possibly even (in more extreme cases) PCB failures. I have a couple of contacts, including a VP, so I will gladly send this to them.

The Passport has systematic design issues, and BlackBerry production fo the device has supplier/QC issues. BlackBerry needs to address these before this information is obtained by mainstream media, because there is no coming back from that.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 09:45 AM
    Even mine...the right corner of screen slightly have come up...

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 09:57 AM
    I think cb needs to put a poll up and BlackBerry have an email customers can email to resolve the problem.

Or the rounded passport could be the fix?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 10:02 AM
    I think cb needs to put a poll up and BlackBerry have an email customers can email to resolve the problem.

Or the rounded passport could be the fix?

Posted via CB10
    The poll won't help. Most people will say they are fine. Every one of us that has experienced this issue has been fine as well, until it all of a sudden happens. If majority of people responded yes to the poll to say that they have a problem, it's already too late.

By the way, a rigid case will likely prevent this issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 10:05 AM
    Passport - screen flexes and creaks-img-20150113-wa001.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 10:06 AM
    It's not that visible but when you zoom in the structural flaw becomes visible...just a slight bump..I really hope it wont come out completely. .

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 10:08 AM
    The poll won't help. Most people will say they are fine. Every one of us that has experienced this issue has been fine as well, until it all of a sudden happens. If majority of people responded yes to the poll to say that they have a problem, it's already too late.

Posted via CB10
    This. And then Crackberry as a business has no interest at all highlighting issues with BlackBerry phones that their (mobile nations) business depend on.
    Just look at q10 double typing issue. There was a promise of a big article on the matter by Kevin long ago. Never happened.
    Not blaming crackberry here, but until BlackBerry themselves admit to faulty phones there is no chance of crackberry getting the ball rolling on their own.
    01-13-15 12:24 PM
    Can I send my passport for repair under warranty?
    01-14-15 04:31 AM
    You should be able to. Just document everything with pictures and use the following site to submit a claim https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...orm/shopbb_en/

I strongly recommend linking to the pictures in the information provided above, to save yourself a lot of hassle.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-15 11:09 AM
    You should be able to. Just document everything with pictures and use the following site to submit a claim https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...orm/shopbb_en/

I strongly recommend linking to the pictures in the information provided above, to save yourself a lot of hassle.

Posted via CB10
    thank you.

Yesterday Expansys wrote me "Unfortunately, the warranty doesen't cover cosmetical damages."
    01-15-15 03:38 AM
    Well, it is not a cosmetic damage, neither intentional. To me this is a physical flaw in the design or the assembly...

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 07:55 AM
    [QUOTE=dejanh;11255087

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

And I was just thinking of switching back to a holster from a case...

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    01-15-15 09:16 AM
    Can you post a clearer photo of the screen?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 09:36 AM
    Something like this maybe :

Passport - screen flexes and creaks-img_20150113_131810.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 09:45 AM
    Just to be clear, the white light you see is not a reflect, it is the light from the screen itself bleeding in between the glass and the steel frame !

By the way, this Passport was 1 week old. I had it changed since...

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 09:47 AM
    Exact same thing happened on my first Passport. I got it from Amazon and they sent me a new one though because it happened within 30 days of me buying it. I don't know if the next one I had was going to have the same issue because I sent it back as I decided not to keep it but there are a lot of people posting issues with the same problem. Try this, hold the top and bottom corner of the phone with the screen facing up and attempt to bend it. It bends pretty easily and I think being put in a pocket its twisting around the leg causing the screen to separate.
    01-15-15 09:59 AM
    This picture looks horrible! This is a 500� phone looking like crap. Could be the nail in the coffin...

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 10:19 AM