Last night I pulled my Passport out of my front pocket and noticed that the screen is discolored, especially when displaying dark colors.

I have no idea how this happened. It was in the hardshell case,and I just got this unit as a replacement for my original Passport through Shop BlackBerry, because the first one had a creaky battery cover. The screen is not scratched, and it wasn't pressed too hard or anything.

Has this happened to anyone else yet? I'm just concerned because I really don't know how this happened.

Passport Screen Discoloration-img_20141010_221204.jpg
    Passport Screen Discoloration-img_20141010_221539.jpg
    Passport Screen Discoloration-img_20141010_221627.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 12:18 AM
    That looks like damage from physical pressure on that point.

Posted via CB10
    Nayalm likes this.
    10-11-14 12:23 AM
    Just get it replaced again

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    10-11-14 12:30 AM
    That looks like damage from physical pressure on that point.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I thought too, but there was nothing in my pockets that could have done that, and I didn't run into corners or anything with it in my pocket. Other touchscreen phones I've had are the Z10, Z30, Q10, 9900 and 9810, and they all could handle being in a front pocket without this. It shouldn't be so easy to ruin a display. I guess the Gorilla Glass wasn't all I thought it would be.
    10-11-14 12:31 AM
    That's what I thought too, but there was nothing in my pockets that could have done that, and I didn't run into corners or anything with it in my pocket. Other touchscreen phones I've had are the Z10, Z30, Q10, 9900 and 9810, and they all could handle being in a front pocket without this. It shouldn't be so easy to ruin a display. I guess the Gorilla Glass wasn't all I thought it would be.
    If you didn't damage it, you didn't damage it.

But your thought process reads as though you're trying to convince yourself that it's BlackBerry's fault if you did do something to damage your phone. Gorilla Glass isn't the issue, anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Nayalm likes this.
    10-11-14 12:40 AM
    Ouch! I hope they will replace it without issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 01:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    They are, thankfully. This replacement had some dead pixels anyways, so I had already asked for a replacement. I was thinking of using my Z30 while I wait, because that coloring is irritating, but the Passport is just too good to be without.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    10-11-14 01:42 AM
    Let us know. I bought the first batch, like you, and now it is on the way here. I hope I don't have any warranty issues I have to deal with.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-11-14 01:51 AM
    Let us know. I bought the first batch, like you, and now it is on the way here. I hope I don't have any warranty issues I have to deal with.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    The RMA process is a little weird. I could either ship my Passport back to be repaired (which would mean being without a phone if I didn't have a Z30), send it back for a refund and then reorder a new Passport (yeah right, that wait time would be like a month), or do an Advanced Exchange (which I had to PLEAD with them for, as I had done it with my Q10).

This Advanced Exchange was different. The one time I did it before, they simply sent me just the device (no battery), and I sent my defective one back in the same box my new one came in. But this time, they told me they had to hold the TOTAL AMOUNT OF THE DEVICE+TAX, send me the new device, and once they received my defective one, the money would be released back into my account (provided there is no physical damage).That's like $650 for me in the U.S., and I was baffled by this... so they dropped it to only like $200-$300.

It's a weird process and I hope no one else has to deal with it.
    10-11-14 02:02 AM
    The RMA process is a little weird. I could either ship my Passport back to be repaired (which would mean being without a phone if I didn't have a Z30), send it back for a refund and then reorder a new Passport (yeah right, that wait time would be like a month), or do an Advanced Exchange (which I had to PLEAD with them for, as I had done it with my Q10).

This Advanced Exchange was different. The one time I did it before, they simply sent me just the device (no battery), and I sent my defective one back in the same box my new one came in. But this time, they told me they had to hold the TOTAL AMOUNT OF THE DEVICE+TAX, send me the new device, and once they received my defective one, the money would be released back into my account (provided there is no physical damage).That's like $650 for me in the U.S., and I was baffled by this... so they dropped it to only like $200-$300.

It's a weird process and I hope no one else has to deal with it.
    I had the same experience with Apple when I was getting my 3GS replaced for the third time. They put a hold on the full amount and sent the new device and I sent the defective one back. When the piece of garbage broke again, I called Apple and talked them into giving me a brand new, newly released iPhone 4 for free, haha. The powers of persuasion.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-11-14 02:25 AM
    It's honestly amazing how many lemon-phones I've had. Apple phones, computers, many Q10s, two Passport's already.

Right now I have a Q5 in my hands. Not a single issue due to manufacturing defects. Cheap, simple, works. Back is slippery due to design so I tape it up with black camera tape. No worries.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 11:02 AM
    Dude I feel for ya just looks like you're having terrible luck. Sometimes one product does nothing but give you problems I've been through it before with the PlayBook (stuck pixels, terrible power button, expanding back cover etc)

Hang in there your problem-free passport will soon be in your hands.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 09:43 PM
    Mine has a minor issue. Along the seam close to the steel frame at the back I see light bleed thru. Although very tiny like a dot. I am told I have to reorder one and they will issue a RMA. I am waiting for the email. Anyone experience this?
    But it is backorder now.

BlackBerry Passport
    10-11-14 11:12 PM
    This happened when I got a screen replaced on a z10.

It's definitely physical pressure damage.

The guy was good enough to replace the hardware and acknowledge the installation mistake.

Now... as the Passport's screen is gorilla glass, I find it hard to believe the screen would bend in such a way or location to cause that pattern.

My bet would be a mistake in refurbishing, or at the factory.

Passport || Fido
    SK122387 likes this.
    10-12-14 01:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    I envy him as he got his passport. Do u also have yours?
    10-12-14 02:03 AM
    This happened when I got a screen replaced on a z10.

It's definitely physical pressure damage.

The guy was good enough to replace the hardware and acknowledge the installation mistake.

Now... as the Passport's screen is gorilla glass, I find it hard to believe the screen would bend in such a way or location to cause that pattern.

My bet would be a mistake in refurbishing, or at the factory.

Passport || Fido
    It's weird because the phone is physically perfect. The glass isn't pushed in or dented. What good is this Gorilla Glass if it's that easy to damage the screen, you know?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 02:55 AM
    Aww, man. That's disappointing, I know how much you love your Passport too. Hopefully, this is a rare occurrence, and doesn't present itself on other PPs. Wishing you a solid replacement device with zero issues.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 03:23 AM