I've noticed it isn't as good as Z30. When I go on the subway I lose signal on the stairs going to the platform. With Z30 I could stream music on the platform. Sometimes in to the tunnel. But today with Passport it wouldn't even re-establish signal when my train was outdoors in between stations.

Anyone else notice it isn't as good in trouble zones as Q10 or Z30?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:47 PM
    Are you on a different network now?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:08 PM
    I have noticed the same thing. At home I don't get full bars, when I did with the Z30. Same at work. Call quality is so far so good but the last 2 bars are missing. I'm on the same network.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 07:40 PM
    I have noticed the same thing. At home I don't get full bars, when I did with the Z30. Same at work. Call quality is so far so good but the last 2 bars are missing. I'm on the same network.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it's more accurate showing what your actual reception is?
    I know with my Z10 sometimes it will show I've got 4/full bars when really as soon as I try to use data or call, it goes down to 2/3 bars, sometimes even 1 bar and then is slow to load (usually only when I've left it down for a while and then I'm in an insulated area do I get that last one)
    09-30-14 07:45 PM
    Are you on a different network now?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Rogers. Always have been.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:41 PM
    Maybe it's more accurate showing what your actual reception is?
    I know with my Z10 sometimes it will show I've got 4/full bars when really as soon as I try to use data or call, it goes down to 2/3 bars, sometimes even 1 bar and then is slow to load (usually only when I've left it down for a while and then I'm in an insulated area do I get that last one)
    No, Passport actually doesn't work where Z30 would be streaming radio and BBM worked fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:44 PM
    No, Passport actually doesn't work where Z30 would be streaming radio and BBM worked fine.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, okay, that's interesting... :/

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    09-30-14 08:51 PM
    Os version? (tip: type myver to show your os version)
    europolska00 likes this.
    09-30-14 08:53 PM
    Os version? (tip: type myver to show your os version)
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 06:36 AM
    Not just you, I have poor reception as well, on top people have texted me... and I didn't receive the messages... only parts of it... it's getting really annoying they better fix this! I am sure it has something to do with OS because isint it supposed to better with the pratek antennas?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 07:23 AM
    This news is very disturbing to me. Tomorrow I get my Passport and one of the reasons for the purchase was the good signal reception of Blackberry phones. Anybody else with the same problem ?.
    10-02-14 11:39 AM
    For me, the reception is better than all previous BB's. I have been through the 9900, Q and Z10, the Z30 and now the Passport. My home is somehow in a dead zone. I am with AT&T on my BB but roam almost exclusively as I live in Canada. My iPhone 5s struggles with connecting to Rogers, my Canadian carrier at times. My BB's which I use for work have also struggled with Rogers but I find with the Passport, the connection with Rogers is much better and I even roam on Bell around home, which seems to have better coverage here based on my daughters experience with her iPhone on Bell. No previous BB I have owned has ever picked up a Bell tower.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-02-14 12:22 PM
    I've noticed it isn't as good as Z30. When I go on the subway I lose signal on the stairs going to the platform. With Z30 I could stream music on the platform. Sometimes in to the tunnel. But today with Passport it wouldn't even re-establish signal when my train was outdoors in between stations.

Anyone else notice it isn't as good in trouble zones as Q10 or Z30?

Posted via CB10
    I have to say that I don't find that problem with my passport,i find I have a 100% better signal than I did on my z30 on daily basis I would drop calls around a dozen times a day but now I have only dropped a call once ...........so my passport is loads better than my z30
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-02-14 12:35 PM
    I have better reception with my Passport then I have with both my Bold 9900 & Q10.
    10-02-14 12:45 PM
    Same problem here. Always had 5 bars with the Z30, down to 3 at times with the Passport. Haven't noticed any quality or call drops or anything though and speeds seem fine even using as a hotspot. So no real complaints, just weird.

I know in the past, I've called my carrier regarding something like this and they gave me a code to type in or something that updated the tower list and that fixed the problem. Haven't tried it yet with the passport though.
    10-02-14 05:42 PM
    Could be a problem with the nano sim?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 05:53 PM
    This news is very disturbing to me. Tomorrow I get my Passport and one of the reasons for the purchase was the good signal reception of Blackberry phones. Anybody else with the same problem ?.
    You can't rely on the reception change from one person in one location as an indicator that the reception overall is worse...

That's part of the reason android users archive modem firmware on xda and flash like crazy, because everybody gets completely different results.
    10-02-14 06:03 PM
    So far reception on my PP is far better compared to my previous Z10 and Q10. Couldn't be more happy :-)

This post is sponsored by the BlackBerry Passport.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-02-14 06:05 PM
    I have just received my Passport and finished the first signal reception tests. My office is in a building with spots where the signal is very weak and, therefore, communication difficult. First results show that the Passport is far better than my current Z30. I have to carry out more tests, but these first results relieve.
    On the other hand, the phone is superbly built and fast.
    10-03-14 05:05 AM
    I discovered why I only get 3 bars sometimes. That's when I pick up the 4G signal. I still get 5 bars at just LTE, but sometimes I get the 4G with weaker signal. If that helps at all
    10-03-14 09:41 AM
    I've also noticed a drop in bar strength, here at work with my Z30 bars showed full. sitting in the same spot with my Passport it's at 3 bars.

Via my Quality Passport
    10-03-14 10:18 AM
    For me the network strength was awesome in places where my Nokia 1520 stuttered on the same network . I used to get E now I get H

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:10 AM
    I don't think passport uses paratekk technology?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:31 AM
    I can't find anything other than an employee told someone it does.
    10-04-14 08:19 AM
    Today I conducted more tests in spots with low signal (a parking). This time, I have compared my Passport to my MOTO X (2013, not the 2014 version) because I know that it is better than my Z30. Tests are vey simple but straightforward: in spots where signal is weak, I call to the voice mail service (in order to avoid disturbing nobody). Sometimes the communications is established, sometimes it is not. Well, my Passport is slightly better than my MOTO, that is to say, Passport signal reception is very good. Of course better than Samsung, Apple and Nokia (they are far behind).
    So far, very happy with my Passport signal reception.
    10-05-14 06:55 AM
66 123