Okay guys I have a question... yes I can be ocd but phone really wasn't that cheap.

I bought the passport the second it was released from telus in Canada. The phone I received is 10 /10 about 10 days in I've had a power up and down issue with the power button it dosent respond.... telus was kind enough do replace it.

They sent me the new phone in the mail.... well I proceeded to have the phone ghost armored at stc I hadn't even turned the phone off I checked the tops and there's a nice small damage marking on the very top left of the phone which wasn't noticed until the oem wrapping was removed...

Annoyed as I was I told telus sent a photo and they sent out another replacement... pain in my *** had to remove the ghost armor and returned it.

Well I got another replacement in the mail removed oem packaging and guess what Agaain small damage mark this time on the bottom. This one is smaller but it's still small nick hole at the bottom.

When I I buy a bran new phone should I expect it to have these markings?? First one was pristine. Attached photos of the marking and am wondering if most have them to a degree.
    Like is is wrong to expect to buy a new phone take it out of the box and hav it in pristine condition. These markings were noticeable to the naked eye not like I shine a light on it at the right angle and it shows inconsistencies.

Or bad luck on manufacturing?

Best phone I've ever used, amazing piece of hardware. Just frustrating.

Passport question.... ocd??? Nicks and damage-img_20141120_195503.jpg
    Passport question.... ocd??? Nicks and damage-img_20141125_161507.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 06:10 AM
    no markings on my passport, have it over a month now
    11-26-14 06:16 AM
    Did you check it over before sending it STC to be ghost armored? By what you typed, it sounds like you would have and when it was received back the damage was then evident. Am I correct in this assumption?
    11-26-14 06:21 AM
    Well before the ghost armor it had all oem wrapping on it I literraly gave phone to the guy out of box he removed packaging put full front and back ghost and we put it back in the box I took it home looked it over which is when I noticed the marking on the right... next replacement with the small nick was found literally after taking out of the box and removal of oem packaging.

No I didn't look the first phone over before oem packaging was removed and ghost install.

The first phone which has the power button issue is a flawless copy no nicks or markings.

But it's like I'm supposed to ask telus for a 3rd replacement now? Feel scummy.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 06:29 AM
    Corrections on the above not sure how to edit

First replacement phone wasn't checked before ghost install.

First phone (original) is flawless 10/10.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-14 06:33 AM
    Ok, so by your own admission, you cannot determine if the damage was caused by Telus or by the person installing the ghost armor. Sorry to say this as we are only provided your side of the story. You have to understand that we here can only form a one sided opinion when only one side is provided. As for Telus providing yet another replacement, go ahead and take the gamble.
    11-26-14 06:34 AM
    Ok, so by your own admission, you cannot determine if the damage was caused by Telus or by the person installing the ghost armor. Sorry to say this as we are only provided your side of the story. You have to understand that we here can only form a one sided opinion when only one side is provided. As for Telus providing yet another replacement, go ahead and take the gamble.
    I use and resell all of my devices and if there is ANY flaw whatsoever, it doesn't sell.

I'd go ahead and call telus to send you out another one and make sure you document. You are covered by your rights and by definition a defective device also includes the cosmetic manufacturing as well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android side installed on the Passport!
    11-28-14 06:54 AM
    The area of concern is a hard material. Did the device get dropped at the factory or at the Ghost Armor kiosk? It matters that you do what it takes to be satisfied with the device. I've Ghost Armored several devices and noticed most everyone leaves their device at the kiosks. The Ghost Armor staff is not completely competent, so find one who is.
    Last edited by tagumcity; 11-28-14 at 07:52 AM.
    11-28-14 07:40 AM
    The rubbery material on Passport is really easy to damage.
    Mine got a deep scratch within a few days I had it, which was before I had the official hard shell case on.

Even when it's got the case on, it manages to get scratched on the inside, surprisingly.
    Because the hard shell case is not a perfectly tight fit, dust and particles get in between the case and the phone and rolling around, they scratch the device.

I've sort of now resigned to it, but I think leather like material or glass weave material like other BB devices have used would have been much better.

Maybe someone will make the back cover and sd/sim card slot cover with another material. Too bad the back cover is not so easy to remove and replace, but down the road, that may be a possibility.
    11-28-14 08:21 AM