ever since i got the Passport i loved the phone and i still do, i love the look of the new PRIV with the keyboard and onscreen keyboard, 2 of my favs.... i would love to try to PRIV

has anyone went from Passport to PRIV and how do you like it?
    11-09-15 11:17 AM
    The Priv certainly has its advantages, but for what I am doing, the Passport is unique. I must write a lot and need a good overview of the text. In this no other smartphone or small computer can offer what the Passport gives me. Thus, with me no change to Priv or any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 11:25 AM
    The Priv certainly has its advantages, but for what I am doing, the Passport is unique. I must write a lot and need a good overview of the text. In this no other smartphone or small computer can offer what the Passport gives me. Thus, with me no change to Priv or any other phone.

Posted via CB10
    that seems fair, id love to try this new experience and keep the Passport as a back up perhaps. i love the BlackBerry phones and always have, and i love testing out the new BB devices!
    11-09-15 11:26 AM
    I got the PRIV last Friday on launch day at AT&T. Granted, it is a new device and, like any new device, the PRIV has some bugs. However, in my opinion, the PRIV is nothing more than an Android device. I really wanted to like it, but I already own an Android device. It's sitting in a box on the shelf. I have a Classic but have been drooling over the Passport. The more I read about it in the CrackBerry forums, the more I wanted one.

When I returned my PRIV, amazingly, the AT&T store had one Passport in the back. I snatched it up and took it home. Haven't been able to take my hands off of it. I will admit that the keyboard is going to take some time to master, but other than this, I wouldn't trade this device for anything. From the camera to the battery life to the speed and overall performance, the Passport slays my Classic and, sorry folks, the PRIV as well.

I would highly recommend sticking with the Passport. If you're really interested in the PRIV, you could always try it out and return it, if it doesn't suit your needs.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 12:17 AM
    If you're going to upgrade, the keyboard on the Priv will require some time to get used to coming from an Passport. The keyboard is really cramp, but you'll get used to the size and adjust to it just fine. Ive had the Passport for a year now and I still couldnt type quickly on it. The 3 layer keyboard is such a fail to me.
    11-10-15 01:44 AM
    I looove my Passport SE and its powerful Os 10.

  
    Heliogabalus and luigieagle like this.
    11-10-15 01:51 AM
    I just got one of the price, looks like a good phone. can't wait to receive it.

Z10 > Z30 > Passport
    11-10-15 08:11 AM
    Tried out the Priv at my local AT&T store yesterday. I have owned the two Torch sliders, the Z10, and now the Passport. From my limited experience, it will take some adjusting getting used to that size physical keyboard again. But then, it took me a little time to get used to the awesome Passport keyboard as well.

Learning a new OS is a bummer, but anyone can do that. The question for me is, do I want to? The answer for now is, no! However, depending what happens in the future with BB10, I may have no alternative.

If the Priv is a sales success for BlackBerry, I expect them to keep improving the BlackBerry integration with Android. Since I have only had my Passport since April, I can easily wait. If BlackBerry goes Blackdroid in all future phones, then I will make the jump. Until then, I an doing quite nicely with my BlackBeauty Passport.

Posted via CB10
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    11-10-15 09:34 AM
    Tried out the Priv at my local AT&T store yesterday. I have owned the two Torch sliders, the Z10, and now the Passport. From my limited experience, it will take some adjusting getting used to that size physical keyboard again. But then, it took me a little time to get used to the awesome Passport keyboard as well.

Learning a new OS is a bummer, but anyone can do that. The question for me is, do I want to? The answer for now is, no! However, depending what happens in the future with BB10, I may have no alternative.

If the Priv is a sales success for BlackBerry, I expect them to keep improving the BlackBerry integration with Android. Since I have only had my Passport since April, I can easily wait. If BlackBerry goes Blackdroid in all future phones, then I will make the jump. Until then, I an doing quite nicely with my BlackBeauty Passport.

Posted via CB10
    i love learning new things, and im looking forward to learning the new PRIV
    11-10-15 10:03 AM
    Walked into carphonewarehouse today clutching my Passport....
    Asked the sales guy to show me the Priv....
    Played with it for 30 seconds....
    Walked back out still clutching my Passport with a smug smile on my face.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 02:43 PM
    Walked into carphonewarehouse today clutching my Passport....
    Asked the sales guy to show me the Priv....
    Played with it for 30 seconds....
    Walked back out still clutching my Passport with a smug smile on my face.

Posted via CB10
    didnt like it?
    11-10-15 02:54 PM
    I played with the Priv today and I really like it!
    I have a ATT Passport and ATT Classic and the Priv is a really nice phone all the way around!

I would like to get one in time and sell the classic
    11-10-15 02:54 PM
    I never wanted the priv..i got the passport se and omg!!its an awesome device for business minded people.i have my Google play store installed and working on my passport so why need a priv?when I can download android apps from my play store.
    Passport to PRIV?-img_20151110_220358.png

Posted via CB10
    Heliogabalus likes this.
    11-10-15 03:04 PM
    It was ok. It didn't give me the feel of a premium phone. If they release one with some stainless steel edges, I may reconsider.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 03:05 PM
    When my Playbook got old and slow I got an Android tablet so I could play games without murdering the battery on my Z10.

When I got my Passport and installed Snap, my Android tablet suddenly was lucky to be used once a month.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to suddenly like Android just because it's installed on a piece of hardware with a BlackBerry emblem on it.

Guess it's me and OS10 till the end.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-10-15 11:54 PM
    Both my daughter and I switched to the Priv and are totally happy with the decision. There was a small learning curve but nothing to major. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Posted with my BlackBerry Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    11-11-15 01:33 AM
    Both my daughter and I switched to the Priv and are totally happy with the decision. There was a small learning curve but nothing to major. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Posted with my BlackBerry Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    my priv is on the way, and i like to learn... it'll be different, ive had BB10 since release back on the Z10, and i loved it... and i slowly got the Z30 then the Passport and time. all great phones. die hard BB fan
    11-11-15 08:21 AM
    Passport and Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 08:38 AM
    I came to a Priv from a Passport SE and love it! It's fast and has all the apps and features I could ask for!

With that being said, I'd love a SE running Android!

My buddy has an OG Passport and while at lunch yesterday he wanted to play with my phone. When he picked up my phone, I grabbed his PP and it just felt right in my hands! Fingers crossed...
    11-11-15 09:30 AM
    ever since i got the Passport i loved the phone and i still do, i love the look of the new PRIV with the keyboard and onscreen keyboard, 2 of my favs.... i would love to try to PRIV

has anyone went from Passport to PRIV and how do you like it?
    It was a learning curve as the behaviour of swiping on android is a bit different. Android cloud links calendar contacts tasks and notes to email accounts so that was a trip as I have 10 email accounts. It was a bit frustrating day one as it was about learning new things. But after updating, setting up the device customized to my personal tastes, alls well. I have zero issues and it's pretty fast maneuvering around the screens and apps. Very impressive device. With the classic BlackBerry virtual keyboard and flick up word prediction, typing on keyboard and on screen have been a breeze. I had to install an exfat add in for the device to read my SD card, installed documents to go for Ms office, and installed most if not all of my apps I currently use without a hitch! The device comes unsetup so it allows you to setup your device according to your personal style and taste. The slide out keyboard really is a neat feature. Great for emails and any situation you need to enter text quickly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-15 07:30 AM
    Just got m Priv, I love it so far!!!

Curve > Z10 > Z30 > Passport > Priv
    11-12-15 05:49 PM
    I honestly do not get the priv, it looks like something from circa 2010. I had a play with one in CPW in the UK and came away with the view that I would never use the slide down keyboard on this thing so would be left with something bulkier than it really needs to be. Feels like BB just wanted something to differentiate themselves, just do not get the slide down keyboard at all. Also right now the hub is only 'hub lite' I'd need the hub to cover all apps/notification types before I'd consider it.

Personally I would like to have seen them go with a really nice touchscreen i.e. Z40 type model and a Passport style device alongside it.
    11-13-15 07:57 AM