$699 according to cnet
    BlackBerry Passport Preview - CNET

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 06:47 PM
    Original article says price not available, but says post is updated at the bottom, and it does list a price, so kinda confusing.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 06:48 PM
    U.S price then

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-29-14 07:07 PM
    if they do a 599 Euro price for the 699$ it should be a very tempting device for a lot of people (even if a fair change would be 699$=521 Euro but with the usual excuse of european taxation etc...)
    if they make it 699 Euro (937$) then they'll make a huge mistake.
    Between 520 and 599Euro would be truly a great price for such a beast!
    Finally if that comes true Blackberry would get the pricing about right.
    07-29-14 07:17 PM
    if they do a 599 Euro price for the 699$ it should be a very tempting device for a lot of people (even if a fair change would be 699$=521 Euro but with the usual excuse of european taxation etc...)
    if they make it 699 Euro (937$) then they'll make a huge mistake.
    Between 520 and 599Euro would be truly a great price for such a beast!
    Finally if that comes true Blackberry would get the pricing about right.
    Where is the VAT in your calculation? US price does not include state and local sales tax.
    07-29-14 07:32 PM
    And why would we trust CNET? It's still a guess. Could be right could be wrong. Yawn.

I said 699 in another post as my guess. So what it's still a guess.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 07:32 PM
    My guess is $749 off contract. High end niche devices are usually not set to lower price-points. Remember who they're targeting with these phones, it is certainly not the i-phone generation.
    07-29-14 07:55 PM
    I would say their "typical price" is a tad off, probably 500 or more I think.

Passport Price-img_20140730_020431.png
    07-29-14 08:05 PM
    Where is the VAT in your calculation? US price does not include state and local sales tax.
    that's because i'm used to european pricing (all taxes included).
    I forgot the US practice and intended 699$ with taxes, my mistake then.
    07-29-14 08:24 PM
    Remember who they're targeting with these phones, it is certainly not the i-phone generation.
    Uhm, you do realize that the iPhone really was the first smartphone to break the consumer market barrier to what was perceived as bering for business use only. They did this less than a decade ago.... not to mention many corporations issue iPhone's (not as BYOD) to its employees.

The real basis is that the Passport is meant for a specific type of user/buyer and not meant to take business away from Apple or Samsung. If it does then great..
    07-29-14 09:33 PM
    that's because i'm used to european pricing (all taxes included).
    I forgot the US practice and intended 699$ with taxes, my mistake then.
    No all states charge sales tax. For example Oregon is one of them that does not.
    07-29-14 09:34 PM
    My guess is $749 off contract. High end niche devices are usually not set to lower price-points. Remember who they're targeting with these phones, it is certainly not the i-phone generation.
    At $749 you'll see very few units being sold.
    07-29-14 09:39 PM
    At $749 you'll see very few units being sold.
    Being that the majority buy at the contract price, that same majority won't care what the suggested retail price is. The relative few who pay full price will have to make their own decisions. My thoughts are that they won't be giving them away. It's going to be produced mainly for a niche market not as already mentioned for the "iPhone generation" as a toy.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    07-29-14 10:00 PM
    Being that the majority buy at the contract price, that same majority won't care what the suggested retail price is. The relative few who pay full price will have to make their own decisions. My thoughts are that they won't be giving them away. It's going to be produced mainly for a niche market not as already mentioned for the "iPhone generation" as a toy.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Point I am making is that I believe a vast majority of units that will sell will be corporate sales/issued devices and not individuals. I agree with you that they should not give it away.

Not to argue with you, but on a side note I have to ask the question: why do people, like yourself, keep making the statement that the iPhone is a toy/generational item?

Granted I tried a 5s and I could not use it for more than a week before going back to my Z10. However I know many, many high level executives in my field - some only in their 20's, as well as people like my old boss who was a CEO of a major U.S. studio, and is listed in Forbes as one of the wealthiest men in the world, all of whom use an iPhone for work.

I honestly don't understand why people continue to make that ill informed comment... it's the very same mentality in which lead RIM to get their A$$ handed to them by Apple.

Anyway, lets see what price point it comes in at and hopefully the niche market its going for responds to it favorably.
    Ricktye likes this.
    07-29-14 10:24 PM
    No all states charge sales tax. For example Oregon is one of them that does not.
    Good to know! Thanks!
    I sometimes use a site that allows me to buy directly in the USA (with 1Euro=1.35$ it's quite interesting) and ship to Europe (now i know another state, i already knew about Texas if i am not wrong?)
    07-30-14 05:22 AM
    Not sure about Texas.

Depending on State law, typically if you're buying from an online merchant and they are shipping out of the country you shouldn't be charged sales tax.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 09:38 AM
    Now they have removed the price. I swear it was there yesterday. Chen slap-down?
    07-30-14 11:46 AM
    Now they have removed the price. I swear it was there yesterday. Chen slap-down?
    Was false. No pricing information was given, it was a guess on their part.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 02:21 PM
    Uhm, you do realize that the iPhone really was the first smartphone to break the consumer market barrier to what was perceived as bering for business use only. They did this less than a decade ago.... not to mention many corporations issue iPhone's (not as BYOD) to its employees.

The real basis is that the Passport is meant for a specific type of user/buyer and not meant to take business away from Apple or Samsung. If it does then great..
    'bout the iPhone and barrier breaking.... Maybe in the US.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-30-14 02:54 PM
    'bout the iPhone and barrier breaking.... Maybe in the US.

Posted via CB10
    Actually all you have to do is look at their financials to realize that is not true.
    07-30-14 05:35 PM
    If you go with a two year plan with Rogers I'm sure you can get it for $199 or $249. Which is the same as most other high end devices. This pricing is ok with me.
    07-30-14 05:47 PM
    If you go with a two year plan with Rogers I'm sure you can get it for $199 or $249. Which is the same as most other high end devices. This pricing is ok with me.
    2 year contract with most uk phone dealers is free unless its an iphone then the sheep will pay anything
    07-31-14 07:09 AM
    CNET videos on the Z10 were unforgivable in the public video on YouTube they didn't even know how to use NFC or simple features and they work for CNET tech that's worrying. So therefore I won't be reading this probably ludicrous article.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-31-14 07:36 AM
    If 649.00 is the introductory price of the Passport and if Apple releases the iPhone 6 at 649.00. I am afraid the passport will collect dust on the retailers shelves.

Blackberry is no longer a premium brand and has to have aggressive pricing if they expect folks to cross over from their existing platforms and/or buy the device.

We will have to wait until it's officially released in September to see how it shakes out. I only hope the marketing folks get their head out of the sand when they determine the actual price of the passport, only time will tell.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    Daveensannie and robert_in_la like this.
    07-31-14 12:45 PM