This is going to be tough guys. Both phones could suit my needs but I need to choose one
    05-20-16 12:08 PM
    Why a second Passport?

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    05-20-16 06:59 PM
    Looks like I may be keeping the Priv. Im having a tough time getting used to the wide screen of the PP. Its tough to function with one hand. I love the PP but the form factor may be the deal breaker
    05-21-16 01:27 PM
    I will tinker with the PP a bit more.
    05-21-16 01:31 PM
    Man I just cant decide, I place the PP in the box but will open 30 min later and tinker with it. The PRIV calls me because of future and apps but the PP is a great built device
    05-21-16 06:03 PM
    Man I just cant decide, I place the PP in the box but will open 30 min later and tinker with it. The PRIV calls me because of future and apps but the PP is a great built device
    Passport is cheaper, you develop muscle memory to use it one handed, and BlackBerry is making at least one more PKB Android device. And Android isn't going anywhere... just a few thots to make it more difficult, haha.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 06:48 PM
    Get yourself the BlackBerry Passport OR & Passport SE.

The can run BB10 And Android Apps.

Priv can only run Android.
    That's also one of the Reason why the Battery doesn't last long like the Passport's.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    05-21-16 07:26 PM
    What is the easiest way to get android apps on the passport? Also, how much longer will android apps work?
    05-21-16 07:30 PM
    I bought mine not to use as a phone, but to use on wifi as a tablet replacement.

I tried real hard not to put my SIM card in it.

I held out for about a half an hour.

It's been my daily driver for over a year now. Can't stand using anything smaller. It just calls to you. It feels like such a solid phone, looks so classy, so different. With all the slab phones out there, it's hard to resist different.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 07:36 PM
    Thats why its a tough choice. A guy at work asked what the hell is that? Its very different but the priv may have a brighter future. Dont know what to do
    05-21-16 07:53 PM
    Thats why its a tough choice. A guy at work asked what the hell is that? Its very different but the priv may have a brighter future. Dont know what to do
    How long do you typically keep a phone? I'm thinking I'll use mine for at least another year, possibly longer. For me, I will put up with a few shortcomings to be different.

Not to say the Passport doesn't have its advantages. I thought it would be too big for my small hands, but when I adjusted to it, I really love the nice wide keyboard. Also the audio quality on calls and the huge battery life.

It's a passable daily driver if you don't mind a bit of tinkering. Definitely stands out from the rest. I'd say if you can't put it down for long, you're probably obsessed and might regret returning it.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    05-21-16 07:58 PM
    What is the easiest way to get android apps on the passport? Also, how much longer will android apps work?
    Cobalt's patched Google Play store. You might have to patch some using his patcher. Even then it's no guarantee of success. What are your 'must have' apps on your phone? People here will be able to tell you if a particular app doesn't work. How long will they work, who knows. EG Google Maps, if a version won't work in the future, then you'd have to roll back to the previous version that does and not upgrade.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 08:00 PM
    Basically I need Bank of America, ebay, fox news, espn radio, google maps, geico,
    05-21-16 08:18 PM
    In all honesty, I like the PP more than the priv but the priv appears to have a brighter future. Thats my dilemma, I paid around the same for both phones so money is not a factor.
    05-21-16 08:21 PM
    Basically I need Bank of America, ebay, fox news, espn radio, google maps, geico,
    Try installing Cobalt's Play Store and the other associated apks like BlackBerry ID, etc. I think you should be fine with eBay, Fox News, I believe in a thread someone said BofA works, Google Maps you have to patch to remove the GPS warning, and enable location in the Google Settings app IIRC. It's been a while can't remember but mine works fine, not sure version I have.

Yeah, it would be really sweet if BlackBerry manages to release an Android version of the passport down the road. I love this phone so much, lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-16 08:59 PM
    I use the BoA app on my Passport. It does have to be patched to work.
    At some point a lot of Android apps will stop working on BB10, patched or not, because of the "out of date" Android Runtime version. That will be a sad day. That is why I always keep the last working apks, just in case the updated apks no longer work.
    05-22-16 06:41 AM
    I jumped from Q10 to Passport SE, I have tried priv, not owned but played with it, before I made a decision for passport, the BB10 blackberry hub is flawless, compare to priv's laggy hub, the keyboard on priv also quite small.. I compare also that the Passport and Priv has more or less same specs with 3GB ram.. I never regret jumping to Passport SE until now..

From  PPSE
    05-22-16 09:01 AM
    You say you regret going with the passport?
    05-22-16 09:40 AM
    I have been struggling with what to purchase next. I love my Z10, but travelling last year in May 2015 I used a iPhone4 (unlocked to accommodate local sim cards) and an iPad for maps, GPS, point of interest, pictures. My Z10 was in my pocket and used only to keep live with my emails when I was able to access wi-fi.
    I kept thinking that if the iPad had a phone it would be perfect. Then I saw the Passport. As a long time BB user going way back, I thought this would be the answer to all of my needs.Then BB made it clear that Android was their future.
    I am interested in business productivity apps only. Games are not part of my lexicon.
    So where does that leave those of us who see the benefits of the PP/PPSE when the company seems to have signalled the end of BB10? I prefer BB10 over i O/S as I have used both of them. Android I am not familiar with, but I am suspicious of Chrome/Google from an information security point of view and have noticed significant performance issues with Chrome.

The HUB is what keeps me in the BB game as it is one of the most productive pieces of software I have used in recent years.

So all this said, where does this leave us if we go the PPSE/BB10 route in 2-3 years time?
    05-22-16 09:48 AM
    nevermind
    05-22-16 10:21 AM
    Well, looks like my SE Passport will go on sale. I just cannot get used to the form factor and its extremely awkward to hold with one hand. Hopefully the Priv will satisfy my needs.
    05-22-16 12:15 PM
    Well, looks like my SE Passport will go on sale. I just cannot get used to the form factor and its extremely awkward to hold with one hand. Hopefully the Priv will satisfy my needs.
    It is awkward to hold. As much as I like my Passport I would have bought the Classic if it had been the first one released.
    05-23-16 03:34 AM
    I'm on week three of a silver edition passport.

The good: the phone is well designed, from the OS to the hardware to the included apps, to how it all works together. Typing is easy and fast, and I'm not the fastest typer, as opposed to a chore on any other device with a screen based keyboard.

When you want to go to sleep, you wake your passport, slide a finger from top to bottom and it goes into bedside mode, showing you a cool clock. Nice.

Oh and it's a beautiful device, with a design that will stand time - look at the original iPhone for an example of something that didn't age well. Some people will laugh at you for having any sort of Blackberry, others will be interested in an original device; me, I couldn't care either way.

Not so good:

The available apps are very limited, the included Amazon App store only partially works, for instance amazon's own Kindle app stops opening if you decide to encrypt your phone, so that shows you the danger of being somewhere in between the full control of an iphone and the freedom / wild west of an android phone. If you turn off encryption the Kindle app works but isn't integrated into the blackberry goodness, so no scrolling with your keyboard for instance (the passport's keyboard is also a touchpad). Free apps of the day? Not for us, it shows a blank. Google's Play store can be installed thanks to the awesome work of some kind souls, with enough patience on your part, and knowing that it might break at any point.

This lack of integration shows in other aspects, for instance Whatsapp shows up in the Hub (along with email, BBM, SMS...) but not on its desktop equivalent, Blend; and Facebook will be retiring Whatsapp for BB10 anyway.

The ugly: after updating the Kindle app and encrypting my battery went from 100% to zero in one night, with bedside mode. Some people have reported screens that lift from the chassis, mine hasn't done this and I can only think this would happen if you sat on your phone. Given that iPhones bend, this is only par for the course.

So like everything in life, it's a question of compromises.

• Go for a nice and cheap Android like a Nexus 5x, and suffer typing on a screen...
    • Go for an expensive iPhone SE with a measly 16 GB and kow tow to the Great Leaders at Apple...
    • Understand the limitations of the Passport and live happily within those, enjoying the tangible benefits it does offer... Keyboard, screen, speed, battery.
    • I would stay with the Priv if its keyboard actually makes a difference for you, otherwise it's a normal Android phone.

Perhaps the point is that none of the options are perfect or a dead cert, which is probably even more dramatic in the case of Apple than Blackberry, and it all depends on what we can and can't live without. Kindle doesn't work? For me this is Amazon's problem, for instance right now I need a couple of books but being tied into the Kindle ecosystem when they can't be bothered to make a decent app for BB10 means I should look at other options.

The lack of a few specific apps would make my life unnecessarily harder, and that's when I would reluctantly switch back to Android, giving up on the dream of mobile productivity, relegating my phone to the bare minimum uses and going back to my PC for everything else.
    Excellent point.
    Every phone has its limit.
    Whichever phone you buy is never perfect.
    For now, I am staying with Passport, but eventually I will get a iPhone SE as backup plan.

Posted via my beloved Passport solid black edition
    05-23-16 04:03 AM
    If you don't want the Priv, we can swap. I'll give you my Passport....

Mia San Mia!
    05-23-16 06:47 AM
    Depends on your needs.. As we all probably know, many apps may not work for you if you choose the Passport.. But if you're fine with that, then go for it. The square screen, capacitive keyboard, and hub are just some of the things you'll find very much useful.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-16 08:13 AM
75 123