So I just got home from the NYC meetup and here are some initial impressions and details of the phone:

1. Everyone was super cool. The venue was nice and big enough and CBK is taller in person than expected. Haha! Also there was a Simon Sage sighting. Thought he left so it was nice to see him.
    2. The build quality of the phone is very good, but in no way does it compare to the passport.
    3. The disappointment for me was the reason I came in the first place - namely the KEYBOARD. The keys are way too small and not close to the quality of either the classic, bold 9900, or the passport.
    4. However, the screen was crisp and rendered colors and contrast sharply.
    5. The spacebar is only slightly elevated from the keys and looks almost flush.
    6. The weight mimicked the passport closely so it did at least feel solid in hand.
    7. It is not nearly as tall as I thought it would be.
    8. If they could have lengthened the phone about 1/2 inch and brought over the classic keyboard, this is an unqualified homerun. But, for me anyway, I will pass on it.
    9. I was speaking to a nice fellow who brought his Priv and I was surprisingly more impressed with its keyboard than the KEYone's.

For Passport owners...you can pass on the KEYone-img_20170322_185631.jpg

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and jope28 like this.
    03-22-17 09:22 PM
    Also, before I forget, there IS a virtual keyboard in portrait mode as well. It cuts off the screen by about 1/2. So take it as you wish.

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo likes this.
    03-22-17 09:27 PM
    I think there is another reasion for Passport owner to move on if their apps need on bb10 not fulfill they simply will get KEYone
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-22-17 09:32 PM
    You're never going to get keys as large as the Passports on another phone unless they use the same form factor.

I remember back when it first came out people were warning that if you use and love the Passport, you're going to be in trouble. Because you're never going to find a device that satisfies and feels like the Passport ever again.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf, Jeffm63 and d6821 like this.
    03-22-17 09:41 PM
    You're never going to get keys as large as the Passports on another phone unless they use the same form factor.

I remember back when it first came out people were warning that if you use and love the Passport, you're going to be in trouble. Because you're never going to find a device that satisfies and feels like the Passport ever again.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not alking about the passport keyboard. I'm mainly referring to the classic's which could have been copied as they are basically the same width.

Posted via CB10
    Jan Truksa and Jan Truksa like this.
    03-22-17 09:59 PM
    I'm not alking about the passport keyboard. I'm mainly referring to the classic's which could have been copied as they are basically the same width.

Posted via CB10
    Ahh. Gotcha. Either way I'm sticking with the Passport for now. I usually buy technology when it's about a year old anyway.

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    03-22-17 10:05 PM
    How about email on blackberry android? Will it be as good as os10?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-17 10:05 PM
    The keyone is essentially the classic, just without qnx and the toolbelt, and runs android, but far more beefed up and faster. Capacitive keyboard, fingerprint scanner (wouldn't really be using it, what if I lost or burned the print off?), it's got all the goodies.

But not the LTE band 66, that's what my carrier uses. If anything happens to this passport, then maybe the keyone is the next device for me.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    03-22-17 10:06 PM
    We just have to wait and see, but I'm not holding my breath.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-17 10:07 PM
    How about email on blackberry android? Will it be as good as os10?

Posted via CB10
    It all depends on the way the operating system handle e-mail. Sync times might be customisable, then again, I haven't bothered to experiment on android with my xperia smartphone and LG tablet. The passport is best still.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    03-22-17 10:08 PM
    Thanks for the feedback OP, answered a few questions I had.

 Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576, Classic SQC100-4/ 10.3.2.2836 
    03-22-17 10:17 PM
    It all depends on the way the operating system handle e-mail. Sync times might be customisable, then again, I haven't bothered to experiment on android with my xperia smartphone and LG tablet. The passport is best still.

That's my main concern with k1. Today on my work phone Galaxy s6 I was unable to pinpoint emails using search. The ones I found using search I was unable to forward them. On my passport I was able to do it seamlessly.

Posted via CB10
    EndRacism likes this.
    03-22-17 10:36 PM

BlackBerry has done a great job with Android hub, and it keeps getting better. As for settings, judge for yourself.

FF22 likes this.
    03-22-17 10:39 PM
    That's my main concern with k1. Today on my work phone Galaxy s6 I was unable to pinpoint emails using search. The ones I found using search I was unable to forward them. On my passport I was able to do it seamlessly.

Posted via CB10
    Using the hub? I use search all the time, and have had zero issues with it.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-22-17 10:45 PM
    We probably met, this is Rich, the "security" for the phone. Lol
    03-22-17 10:58 PM
    Using the hub? I use search all the time, and have had zero issues with it.
    Awesome. So the hub on k1 or other blackberry devices using Android are similar to email on os10?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-17 11:14 PM
    Awesome. So the hub on k1 or other blackberry devices using Android are similar to email on os10?

Posted via CB10
    Or other Android. Yes!
    03-22-17 11:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    No. It duplicates the android stock notification center. Emails in the android hub are ok. But for me its still better on BB10.
    Sometimes you get double notifications, messages are not displayed correctly. For example from WA - you see only the last received ones. Even if the last ones was a message from you, so a send message. You dont see it. Today I have send 3 different messages from WA, even received one. But my hub shows old messages from 22 March :/
    The hub is JUST an app. For someone maybe a good email app but a poor notification app.
    You can use your android device a whole day and dont even touch the hub- because its faster and efficient to use the stock notification system.

via Q10
    03-23-17 04:47 AM
    No. It duplicates the android stock notification center. Emails in the android hub are ok. But for me its still better on BB10.
    Sometimes you get double notifications, messages are not displayed correctly. For example from WA - you see only the last received ones. Even if the last ones was a message from you, so a send message. You dont see it. Today I have send 3 different messages from WA, even received one. But my hub shows old messages from 22 March :/
    The hub is JUST an app. For someone maybe a good email app but a poor notification app.
    You can use your android device a whole day and dont even touch the hub- because its faster and efficient to use the stock notification system.

via Q10
    From all your posts, I was under the assumption you didn't have, and never would use an Android, till now.

I don't experience the issue you noted, but I'm pleased you chose the example you did. How will WA be functioning in your BB10 hub a few months from now?

When it comes to my 7 email accounts, BBM, text, phone calls, calendar events and Slack, the hub is working well, and continues to be my preferred tool for access and composition. I use my notification tray for other items, and have turned off notifications for all hub accounts.
    SirSti23 likes this.
    03-23-17 06:50 AM

via Q10
    I would like to hear from Priv and Dtek users of Hub. Is the above true? If so blackberry 10 it is.

I need efficiency when it comes to finding emails and attachments to get my job done. blackberry 10 does this better than ios and android systems. So the K1 will be on back burner until this gets resolved. All the shiny keys and app support will not get the task done!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 06:51 AM
    I would like to hear from Priv and Dtek users of Hub. Is the above true? If so blackberry 10 it is.

I need efficiency when it comes to finding emails and attachments to get my job done. blackberry 10 does this better than ios and android systems. So the K1 will be on back burner until this gets resolved. All the shiny keys and app support will not get the task done!

Posted via CB10
    Hub search is fine and there's an attachment button, just like BB10. There's plenty of info on CrackBerry about Android hub functions. Y'all don't need to be wandering in the wilderness.
    john_v likes this.
    03-23-17 06:57 AM
    I get the feeling that if the KEYone is a flop, might not be too many options in the PKB department in the future (maybe a snap on case?). So in my mind, if you are a PKB lover (assume most all current Passport users are), it's in your own best interest to buy a KEYone on day one. Use it a a companion to the Passport.....

Because I think the PKB form factor is going to need all the help it can get to survive.
    03-23-17 10:51 AM
    I get the feeling that if the KEYone is a flop, might not be too many options in the PKB department in the future (maybe a snap on case?). So in my mind, if you are a PKB lover (assume most all current Passport users are), it's in your own best interest to buy a KEYone on day one. Use it a a companion to the Passport.....

Because I think the PKB form factor is going to need all the help it can get to survive.
    It's hard for me to say this, but I'd rather use a slab than the chintsy keyboard on the KEYone. Maybe I'm over thinking this but compared to the passport, the keyboard felt cheap. We'll see once the actual phone is launched. I can only say this bc I had a chance to test it out. Seems like I'm in the minority here.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 11:01 AM
    I was expecting the clickiness and comparable size of the keys to the classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 11:03 AM
    It's interesting because everyone but you praises the keyboard... maybe you were expecting something too close to the passport which is impossible given the form factor...

It's hard for me to say this, but I'd rather use a slab than the chintsy keyboard on the KEYone. Maybe I'm over thinking this but compared to the passport, the keyboard felt cheap. We'll see once the actual phone is launched. I can only say this bc I had a chance to test it out. Seems like I'm in the minority here.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-17 11:30 AM
85 123 ...