Now as Priv coming out, why not just upgrade to Priv ("as a hardcore bb fan money is not a problem")?

I keep it because I like the shape and hope to try out Android OS on Passport. You?
    dusanvn likes this.
    10-21-15 01:53 PM
    I am not going to buy the Priv simply because I love my Passport. I love the shape, size, uniqueness, and the fact that it does absolutely everything I want or need it to. Until those reasons are compromised, I intend to keep using it. Plus, the device is only one year old and I tend to keep a device for at least two years unless, of course, I break it. And no, I don't even want to change the OS. I have no ill will towards android, but I don't have any reason to change right now.
    sirius27, epee, j21jam6 and 7 others like this.
    10-21-15 02:01 PM
    Agree with you,
    The design was unbeatable, feel luxury and unique , even compared with the Porsche Design in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    epee and j21jam6 like this.
    10-21-15 02:26 PM
    For sure, OS 10 is the most main thing, that is stopping to buy the Priv.
    For now Passport is the best device ever with best conjunction of feeling, hardware and software working together. Very comfortable to use.

Posted via CB10
    epee, David Tyler, j21jam6 and 1 others like this.
    10-21-15 02:27 PM
    I just got a SE bundle two days ago. There is no point I will spend another $800+ for an Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    epee, nyplaya610 and j21jam6 like this.
    10-21-15 02:39 PM
    I've had a Passport for a year now and the one thing making me move to the Priv the most is having the apps work like they should and have the latest updates i.e. Facebook. 2nd thing is having both a virtual and physical keyboard as even though I prefer physical keyboards.. I do miss my z10 keyboard from time to time so glad to be getting both.

It's just the best of both worlds. I actually find it hard to understand how anyone won't get the Priv but then again.. that's just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    epee likes this.
    10-21-15 02:46 PM
    I've had a Passport for a year now and the one thing making me move to the Priv the most is having the apps work like they should and have the latest updates i.e. Facebook. 2nd thing is having both a virtual and physical keyboard as even though I prefer physical keyboards.. I do miss my z10 keyboard from time to time so glad to be getting both.

It's just the best of both worlds. I actually find it hard to understand how anyone won't get the Priv but then again.. that's just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    That's because you are having problems with apps either missing or not working correctly. Problems that I don't have, yet anyway! And I don't miss my Z10 anymore but it makes a fine media player with my TV attached to it.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 02:53 PM
    I have z10 you guys full of ****. Privacy my *** on Android

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 03:55 PM
    Bb10 hold on for as long as is humanly possible. How secure is your house and car

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-21-15 03:58 PM
    I owned a black Passport at his launching.
    I love the form-factor and the screen ratio.
    Every time I have a 16/9 screen phone in my hands, I feel myself not very comfortable and usability not convenient.
    The keyboard is excellent and battery duration enough.
    Moreover BB10 is in my opinion the best OS today but suffers a bad marketing strategy and a lack of apps.

I love so my Passport, I just bought the Silver one and my wife enjoys to use my black Passport in her professional and personal life and put her old Z10 far far away in her desk.

Passport feels so unique and special and very often people is impressed by it.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6, Vistaus, epee and 2 others like this.
    10-21-15 04:13 PM
    My Passport is so easy to work on and is easy to be productive anytime anyplace. Will look at the Priv but unlikely to change. Do wish BlackBerry had more apps, not interested in games or time wasters though.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus, epee, j21jam6 and 1 others like this.
    10-21-15 11:51 PM
    This is my vision of the ideal smartphone:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1036430

Putting it simply, a phone that can replace a laptop/tablet.

The Passport is pretty close to that ideal, so I'll keep it.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    epee, dmlis and j21jam6 like this.
    10-22-15 12:43 AM
    My mum and I have similar reasons for keeping the PP: the shape (square), the OS and its work flow (BB10), the Hub, the great big PKB, the size of the phone is perfect, the fact that we hardly ever need our computers anymore because almost everything is possible with the Passport... Just to name the most important things

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 12:50 AM
    I'm keeping the passport because no other phone gives me the battery life I need. Plus, the screen, keyboard, and most importantly BB10. The way people feel about their 9900's is the same with the passport. Can't let it go

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 and epee like this.
    10-22-15 12:53 AM
    I love my passport although it's saddening when we reach the point where BB10 will not be supported anymore. Nevertheless Hardware wise, it's sturdier than your standard samsung or apple Phone. It's also a great daily driver both for email and messaging. The only problem I encounter is the difficulty of using by one hand (of course). I will use it for couple years more until BlackBerry decided to ditch BB10

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 02:51 AM
    I love my passport although it's saddening when we reach the point where BB10 will not be supported anymore. Nevertheless Hardware wise, it's sturdier than your standard samsung or apple Phone. It's also a great daily driver both for email and messaging. The only problem I encounter is the difficulty of using by one hand (of course). I will use it for couple years more until BlackBerry decided to ditch BB10

Posted via CB10
    I was born with smaller hands than an average guy and except for typing on the PKB, I use the PP one-handed all of the time. If I can do it with small hands, then a regular guy like you should have no problems either.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 05:45 AM
    Now as Priv coming out, why not just upgrade to Priv �
    Is the Priv, referring to technology, an upgrade to the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    10-22-15 05:57 AM
    I am not active on social networking sites. Most of my app requirement are satisfied by the mobile website versions, with the additional advantage of not having to give away security privileges, and the android runtime makes up for the rest.
    Android to my experience is plagued with lagging issues after a few weeks of usage, and clogs up with remnants of temporary files.

If I do switch to the priv, it'll be only for the larger screen size. Don't think that's likely, though. Would have upgraded in a heartbeat, had there been an OS10 version. Might get one and give it away to someone in the family after playing with for a while, just to get a feel for the thing.
    epee likes this.
    10-22-15 06:00 AM
    Well I'm a student. My passport helps me keep up with my assignments. If I need a paper done, I could get it done with my passport. I type faster on my passport than on my laptop. Plus with the battery life of the Passport, it makes my laptops a bonus.

My passport helps me keep my life organized as well as have a little fun with a few games too. It is the best of both worlds for me; Work and fun.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 06:57 AM
    You will know the reasons why you want to keep your passport, especially after having the SE, the keyboard is very very amazing and accurate, very soft and comfortable to use
    The design is uncomparable, very eye catching and for sure... OS 10 is unbeatable

Passport Silver SQW100-4
    epee likes this.
    10-22-15 08:31 AM
    First and foremost, if I wanted an Android phone, I'd be eagerly waiting for the Xperia Z5 to release in Canada next week. OS 10 is my true phone love right now.

I loved my Torch, had the Priv been an OS 10 phone I would have been all over that.

However, I can't quite get to the bottom of why I love my Passport so much. When I saw the first renders, all I could think of was "EW, why?" then when I saw the actual Passport in white, I suddenly had to possess it. All other phones now look cheap and common to me. No one ever says "Wow!" when you whip out a candybar phone, but I still get "Whoa, what's that?" when I whip out my Passport.

And quite frankly, after being a touchscreen convert on my Z10 for two years, I'm now hopelessly readdicted to the feel and sound of a clickety clack pkb.

It's like popping bubble wrap.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 09:11 AM
    I enjoy the width, screen size, and I have no need to drop $1K CDN for a new phone when this one works very well.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2639 / Telus
    epee and alan510 like this.
    10-22-15 09:45 AM
    Privacy. Privacy. Privacy. And no google

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    10-22-15 10:23 AM
    I'm soo happy with form of Passport, and if BlackBerry would make a Priv like OS upgrade to Passport, I'd change to it eventually. Fact is and we all know it that for BlackBerry hardware to exist it must create an Android market.

Posted via CB10
    epee likes this.
    10-22-15 10:56 AM
    This is my vision of the ideal smartphone:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1036430

Putting it simply, a phone that can replace a laptop/tablet.

The Passport is pretty close to that ideal, so I'll keep it.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    Same here! I want a mobile laptop. I do not want to carry a 12 inch laptop around when I travel and I want the power of a laptop with me all the time.
    The passport is almost there.
    I use the browser in desktop mode. Never in mobile mode.

I would have bought the Priv for the better specs if it had come with BB10, but I would have still kept my Passport as the daily driver.
    I just do not see how the Priv, even running BB10, would be more efficient for text editing, presentations, email, work in general. It would be better just for live streaming HDTV.
    10-22-15 11:01 AM
67 123