What is samsung? Another slab? Passport is something new in design. Hardware is not only processor but also the phone itself. Gigacore phones is just a marketing gimmicks where no one really need all those power on daily basis apart from some gamers. And android need all those extra cores to satisfy users (so they can boast their hardwares) and to fix stutters and requirement of the OS. Qualcomm will make another iteration with snapdragon 8xx and chickenpox 9xx later.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-15 07:32 PM
    Lol the heart rate monitor and blood oxygen sensor and uv sensor are hit and miss and completely inaccurate. Biggest gimmick ever. Had 2 note 4s. Pen is nice. Most people never use it.

Plus is removable battery. I don't need it but would like to be able to swap if it starts deteriorating.

There is a way on the pp but takes taking the pp apart.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 08:31 PM
    Lol the heart rate monitor and blood oxygen sensor and uv sensor are hit and miss and completely inaccurate. Biggest gimmick ever. Had 2 note 4s. Pen is nice. Most people never use it.
    Of course they're gimmicks. I guarantee you BigBoldWorm has used all those features, which he touted as amazing, maybe once since he spoke of them.

Unless you're a hardcore athlete and training very methodically, I honestly see no use for those gimmicks. And if you are said athlete, there's much better and more reliable hardware to choose from, not a TouchWiz animated half-assed piece of fitness equipment.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    05-22-15 08:40 PM
    I went from feature to flip to early java based os to BlackBerry to android in 11. Had every flagship worth mentioning since nexus s and HTC Evo up to note 4 and nexus 6. Often times multiple ones. Yeah I have a phone fetish. Ever since the pp I have zero desire to go back to android. I can use Web for most app substitutes. I digress.

Every android phone whether with own overlay or pure android I've had the "stopped responding" crap. Freezes, hangs, restarts.

All I know is that not only is bb10 much more fluid and better layed out, the pp's pkb is an amazing thing.

Oh also, I feel no need to go to an android or samsung forum to talk crap about their os or phones. They probably wouldn't understand anyway since I'd type it in properly spelled English without mistakes using my BlackBerry kb.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    05-22-15 08:52 PM
    Hahahha. Good post.

I'm a phone *****, too. And I keep coming back to my Passport. In some other thread someone was made fun of for calling bb10 buttery smooth. It is buttery smooth but I guess people don't appreciate it unless they fiddle with an Android for long enough. I have a three month old Android flagship and it is in a drawer.

Germane to the OP, I don't like the Notes because, like all samsung phones, the reception is not as good as a BlackBerry or a Motorola; not even close. Just a fact. The Note 4 was my last Note, ever, because they removed the SD option and removable battery in the Note 5.

Posted via CB 10 on my Passport
    12-08-15 08:21 PM
    Hahahha. Good post.

I'm a phone *****, too. And I keep coming back to my Passport. In some other thread someone was made fun of for calling bb10 buttery smooth. It is buttery smooth but I guess people don't appreciate it unless they fiddle with an Android for long enough. I have a three month old Android flagship and it is in a drawer.

Germane to the OP, I don't like the Notes because, like all samsung phones, the reception is not as good as a BlackBerry or a Motorola; not even close. Just a fact. The Note 4 was my last Note, ever, because they removed the SD option and removable battery in the Note 5.

Posted via CB 10 on my Passport

My friend has a passport he will give me that plus $100 for my note 4 i want to but.. scared
    12-11-15 02:18 AM
    BlackBerry 10 has one major advantage over the Droid system. BlackBerry phones can actually perform their primary function as a hands-free phone without a rock-solid internet connection,
    01-15-16 06:40 PM
    Of course they're gimmicks. I guarantee you BigBoldWorm has used all those features, which he touted as amazing, maybe once since he spoke of them.

Unless you're a hardcore athlete and training very methodically, I honestly see no use for those gimmicks. And if you are said athlete, there's much better and more reliable hardware to choose from, not a TouchWiz animated half-assed piece of fitness equipment.

BlackBizzle my nizzle
    I have fitness apps. I have $100 fitness trackers. I have a budget Garmin GPS watch. When I get serious about running, I leave all those at home and put a fresh battery in my $600 polar running computer and away I go. The gimmick gadgets don't even come close.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 11:09 PM
    I use a Note 4 and a blackberry. I'm afraid the OP didn't have his Note long enough to realize how slow and biggest they get just from use. That should be added to the negatives. Slow enough to stutter during typing so that words come out wrong. Slow enough to lag significantly behind your finger when scrolling.

Also, the note has worse signal reception for both WiFi and cellular.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-12-16 10:20 AM
    The only lag in the Passport is in the waking up and getting to home screen process. Once the screen and GUI are active, it's complete seamlessness. Some people just don't understand the value of nice things...

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 01:55 PM
110 ... 345