I am thinking to accept a counter offer of used passport for 450$ Canadian.
    But confused to see people are complaining about many things about passport regarding one hand typing, camera and glitches.
    Did someone came from note 4 to passport OR using both? Please describe what to choose.

Thanks.

ρσѕтє∂ ν�α вℓα�ĸвєяяу ź30☜
    12-25-14 02:01 PM
    In any forums, you will see people complain about the littlest things. Go to a Samsung Note forum and you will see the complaints are triple of what you see here. I'm a Passport owner and I am completely satisfied with the phone.
    12-25-14 02:44 PM
    The Note 4 is excellent in almost everything except... size. It's impossibly big
    12-25-14 03:20 PM
    As a passport owner, I would go with Note while waiting for next generation of passport.

Build quality of passport is really poor (or I had bad luck), I had to replace two unit already - broken keyboard, display glass not fitting the frame. Yes, it's good phone, but there is too many issues that, hopefully, will be fixed with next iteration.

On the other side, my opinion is, that Note is proven model. I had Note 2, rooted, modded and it was one of the best phone I've ever had.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 03:26 PM
    I've had the passport for almost a month. It has exceeded every expectation I had. I was on a Nokia 1520 before, and blackberry user before that. Quality and build are excellent as is the OS. Both phone are great as I have several Note users at work. All of us on are Exchange Sync. Good luck. I should say that there is a learning curve to the passport. Be patient... I'm still discovering new things.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 03:35 PM
    Thanks guys.

ρσѕтє∂ ν�α вℓα�ĸвєяяу ź30☜
    12-25-14 03:41 PM
    I've had mine since Dec 1st, came back to Blackberry after using a boring old iPhone 5S, my passport is solid.

You know where my vote goes

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    chflower likes this.
    12-25-14 03:55 PM
    I switched from the Note 3 to the Passport. Cant imagine going back. Loved the Note 3 for what it was, but if you are a heavy email user, the Blackberry wins hands down.
    12-25-14 04:01 PM
    I've got both, the Note4 is nice, but I actually find my passport sturdier.

...Ten BlackBerrys and counting....
    12-25-14 04:04 PM
    as usual... what answer to does the OP think will happen when asking what to buy while on a BB forum.... same issue if OP goes to Sammy forum..... As each device is quite different from each other... the only logical conclusion is to try each out and see what works best... I would never shell out $450.00 plus for any device without at least trying it out.. but to each their own... for me... be an educated consumers not one who needs educating..... especially after the fact....
    12-25-14 04:13 PM
    My Passport is built incredibly well. The note feels cheap in comparison. But both would have pros and cons.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 04:34 PM
    My wife sold her Note 3 because it was frustrating to use.

Nice too look at, but that was it.

Maybe she didn't take advantage of certain launchers or widgets but found the BB10 to be waaaaay more engaging and loves the swiping, multitasking way faster, accessing apps quickly.
    chflower likes this.
    12-25-14 05:20 PM
    I have had a Note 4 Edge and used the device for a week and yes its a nice device, but I found the device too big to use as my daily driver. Android is not bad as I am a Gmail user, so Google services works very well on the device.

But, I will say that once you have been exposed to BlackBerry OS10 and features like the Hub, Peek and the gesturing concepts, I have found when I venture back to Android or IOS, I feel lost without it. As for email and messaging, BlackBerry has no equal. In the end, it's up to the end user to get the device that fits their specific needs.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Barbareren and Sallem like this.
    12-25-14 06:04 PM
    New passport (and BlackBerry user as well) and I am beyond satisfied so far. That's coming from an OG Android user as well.

Posted via CB10
    thedose and chflower like this.
    12-25-14 06:09 PM
    Have a passport for more than two months, absolutely no issues! One handed typing is not possible for me and I guess for most of the people.
    If you are using the phone a lot for typing texts and emails go without a second thought for the passport.
    If you use it mainly for apps or video streaming go for the note, it will fit better for your needs.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    12-25-14 07:01 PM
    Ex Note 2 User. Good phone but nowhere near as good as the Passport.

Don't listen to the whining about trivial issues. Same on any forum about any phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 07:41 PM
    Mind you, the Passport can give you a 'swiping syndrome' where you just unconsciously swipe on the screen/key board of your devices, regardless of what they are. Many members here have acquired this syndrome and can attest to it. Some got it so serious that they swipe even the keyboards of their PCs and laptops.
    On the other hand, I like the Note pen and all the functions and possibility that come with it. It's a tough choice for you if you are not fan of this or that.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    12-25-14 07:52 PM
    Since you are in Canada go and check out both in a store. For us in the USA we had to buy without seeing one or we would still be waiting. I bought mine at launch and received it a week later. I have had no problems with my Passport

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 07:56 PM
    I don't own the note 4 so I can't help you there, I do however own a Passport.

The build quality is amazing. I've only had it for a few weeks but definitely no issues to report. The phone feels absolutely solid, I'd be more scared for my tile if I drop the phone, that's how solid it feels.

The battery life is incredible, the specs are there so the OS is extremely quick, the camera could be better, although for taking videos it's amazing. The image stabilization really helps to keep the video stable and clear. I'm hoping the camera issue gets worked out in the next OS update.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 08:41 PM
    I had a Passport for a few months and loved the phone. The build quality I've everyone here is saying was excellent, the camera was good and the keyboard was awesome to type on. My only gripe was with BB10 OS and the lack of native apps.
    Unfortunately being in Real estate I had several apps that I just couldn't get on passport even with the Amazon store or snap. I went to a note 4 and I'm still getting use to it. It's a great phone but I'd probably go back to a passport if someone wanted to trade me a red one for this Note.
    Haha

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-25-14 08:47 PM
    you must be had a bad luck, I'm very satisfied with my black and red passport..

Excellent build and awesome handheld

As a passport owner, I would go with Note while waiting for next generation of passport.

Build quality of passport is really poor (or I had bad luck), I had to replace two unit already - broken keyboard, display glass not fitting the frame. Yes, it's good phone, but there is too many issues that, hopefully, will be fixed with next iteration.

On the other side, my opinion is, that Note is proven model. I had Note 2, rooted, modded and it was one of the best phone I've ever had.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    12-25-14 10:52 PM
    Passport have character design, but I Note 4 have many app for you choice,
    I haven't experience strength passport, I'm satisfied Note,
    12-25-14 11:12 PM
    I have two Note 4 devices. Not too big at all, just right for me. But I'll take the Q10/Z30/Passport over them any day. The default Email app is no good at all. Gmail app needs streamlining. FastMail app is great (but only works with FastMail accounts). You will learn to appreciate the Hub (Cloud Magic does not come close). It's just too much Google all around, IMO. I feel as if I am giving up every last ounce of privacy I have when I am using the phone. Press, swipe, click, navigation is fluid once you get used to it. But like BB10, I find the OS lagging behind my movements. The Note 4 is responsive, but not as lightning quick as certain reviews make it out to be. Battery life is not good, even with power savings (less grayscale) enabled. One day max. With power savings disabled, less than that. This is with a number of default apps already uninstalled, screen brightness set to the lowest setting before enabling auto brightness. Video is where the Note 4 shines. And Google Maps. Pleco and Feedly. Support for certs a definite bonus, waiting to see what BES12 Cloud can bring to the security equation. For those who bemoan the BB10 Calendar, it is no better with the Note 4. Worse, IMO. CalDAV-Sync (or equivalent) is required for CalDAV accounts. Droid has a lot of apps because the OS needs apps. It's as if apps are patches to the OS, shoring up obvious shortcomings.
    12-26-14 02:03 AM
    Choose what will work best for you. If you can get both, do it and you'll know what really fit your needs. If you're not satisfied with the other, return it back and ask for refund.

As for me, I don't mind what others or gadget reviews say about the device instead I based it on my own experiences and how it will help with me become more productive. Games? No, I'm not much into that but there are times I play to kill boredom and Passport does the job well. Note 4 is also a great device. Had a chance to test it, it runs Android (of course) but not my taste. I have Asus Transformer Pad which runs Kitkat. I use it for testing websites and a reader from my favorite newsfeed app (Flipboard, Feedly, etc). And of course, Blend (so I can check my email and messages while Passport is charging). My wife uses O+ runs on Android. Facebook and reading pdf. My daughter watch playdoh and Frozen on youtube and some kiddy games on her Galaxy. They don't like my Passport, aside from its weird looking square type, they don't see it will work for them. See? It depends on the user and how they will use it as a daily driver.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    12-26-14 03:31 AM
    It depends on which OS u like the best, and if u want a physical keyboard...the Passport is a uniquely beautiful phone, but it's not for everyone. U gotta have some patience with it...once u learn the swipe gestures and keyboard u will definitely not go back to anything else...it's one of those phones u either love or hate...no inbetween.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 04:50 AM
82 123 ...