So I was ready to get the Passport... except the wife has just got a Note 4, and though we're both new to Android (she's hitherto been on iOS), the Note 4 has really impressed us.

It's impressed me to the point that I'm now seriously wondering where the advantages of getting the Passport lie. I'm more than happy with the Z30's typing ability, so a physical keyboard is not essential for me.

I like the size of the Note's screen, and though slightly clunkier than BB10, Android seems fairly logical. In fact, the Note 4 appears to have a lot of functionality from a business use perspective, if not more suited by comparison with the Passport.

Can any existing Passport owners tell me what advantages a BlackBerry Passport would have over a Note 4? Because I'm afraid I can't see any at the moment - though, of course, I haven't had a Passport in my hands for any length of time yet.

I'm after objective opinions here, not asking for a stupid Samsung v BlackBerry slanging match...

Posted via CB10... on my Z30 10.2.1 waiting for 10.3.x
    11-07-14 07:53 AM
    It's a personal choice you'll have to do,I'm afraid...what suits you best.
    From a point of view the note 4 is more a tablet than a phone for me..

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 07:57 AM
    I love my Passport but if you are already enjoying a Z30 I'd go for a Note 4.

Just to have access to a wider array of technology.

Typed on my Passport and Posted via CB10
    stkola likes this.
    11-07-14 08:00 AM
    I was a note 2 and note 3 user until I have the Passport now. Advantages of Passport are as follows:

! Keyboard
    ! Hub
    ! Blend
    ! Access and use/control multiple pc
    ! Run as media center at home
    ! Ease of use
    ! Reliable and overall hardware quality

I miss the Pen that note has. Hope Passport integrated it in the future.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 08:08 AM
    Interesting! 2nd thread in two days...

BBRY Passport
    11-07-14 08:09 AM
    I have both the Passport and Note 4. The Passport is really growing on me. I'm still getting use to the different shape, but with hub and blend I'm liking it more and more over the note 4.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 08:23 AM
    I was debating between the Sony Z3 and Passport. Opted for the Passport because I wanted one lol,

But part of that was because it already has Android. I like BB10 as an OS. And I really hate the UI on Android.

... plus I'd rather not have a device that comes with spyware already installed as well as bundled into every app and game.

Posted via CB from my LE
    RA-HA and anon(5990673) like this.
    11-07-14 09:06 AM
    BB PP is unique.
    11-07-14 09:39 AM
    Good information thanx everyone
    11-07-14 09:44 AM
    I have the Note 3 and the Passport. I use the Note 3 as a mini tablet mainly for gaming and taking notes. Apart from that the Passport is my main device at the moment.

It depends what you expect from your phone. The Passport is very good in communication while the Note 3 is better for leisure - apart from those crappy loudspeakers.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 09:44 AM
    Do you like BlackBerry 10 enough to stay? The note 4 is one sexy beast and android is running pretty solid nowadays but the passport is different and bb10 gets better everyday.

Posted via CB10
    lang007 and playpen007 like this.
    11-07-14 09:46 AM
    Here is a video someone recently posted that compares the 2 phones you are looking at.

Posted via CB10
    anon(2313227) and lang007 like this.
    11-07-14 10:04 AM
    I was asking myself the same question not too long ago. The Note 4 is a great device without doubt and if you want a phablet running Android it's definitely the way to go.

However, I have quite a lot of experience with Android and I wouldn't want to go back after being a very happy BB10 user. It is so much better in many ways. Every Android phone I get my hands on now feels like a toy. BlackBerry is serious business. It's reliable and I love the design of the keyboard phones. Oh yeah, and I love the keyboard of course. So my recommendation is definitely the Passport.
    nightridah and anon(5990673) like this.
    11-07-14 10:20 AM
    I think when you use both phones, you'll eventually subconsciously reach for one phone to do particular tasks. I have (and still have) all the major platforms (ios, wp8, BB10, Android) and rotate through them regularly.

WP8 is a long-time favorite of mine but I kept Android around for certain apps and to keep abreast of the latest developments. I also have a Q10 and have recently purchased the Passport. All the platforms excel in certain areas but you have to find the one you enjoy and not necessarily are the most efficient. The Passport buttons may not be the most efficient but they are fun to use. It's kind of like popping those bubbles that protect items during shipping. Not sure why humans like that popping feeling/sound but it does make the Passport fun to use.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 10:23 AM
    Here is a video someone recently posted that compares the 2 phones you are looking at.

Thanx for the video that was nice

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 10:23 AM
    I think when you use both phones, you'll eventually subconsciously reach for one phone to do particular tasks. I have (and still have) all the major platforms (ios, wp8, BB10, Android) and rotate through them regularly.

WP8 is a long-time favorite of mine but I kept Android around for certain apps and to keep abreast of the latest developments. I also have a Q10 and have recently purchased the Passport. All the platforms excel in certain areas but you have to find the one you enjoy and not necessarily are the most efficient. The Passport buttons may not be the most efficient but they are fun to use. It's kind of like popping those bubbles that protect items during shipping. Not sure why humans like that popping feeling/sound but it does make the Passport fun to use.

Posted via CB10
    Lol! I had bubble wrap at work the other day. It could have potentially took an hour of my life away lol

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 12:13 PM
    So I was ready to get the Passport... except the wife has just got a Note 4, and though we're both new to Android (she's hitherto been on iOS), the Note 4 has really impressed us.

It's impressed me to the point that I'm now seriously wondering where the advantages of getting the Passport lie. I'm more than happy with the Z30's typing ability, so a physical keyboard is not essential for me.

I like the size of the Note's screen, and though slightly clunkier than BB10, Android seems fairly logical. In fact, the Note 4 appears to have a lot of functionality from a business use perspective, if not more suited by comparison with the Passport.

Can any existing Passport owners tell me what advantages a BlackBerry Passport would have over a Note 4? Because I'm afraid I can't see any at the moment - though, of course, I haven't had a Passport in my hands for any length of time yet.

I'm after objective opinions here, not asking for a stupid Samsung v BlackBerry slanging match...

I would get the Note 4 Edge, it looks amazing
    11-07-14 12:22 PM
    Many thanks to everyone for their comments (and apologies for duplicating an existing thread; I hadn't spotted the other one).

It seems to me from the responses that the Note 4 IS formidable competition for the Passport, and acknowledged thus by BlackBerry fans. As the wife has gone Android, I may give it a month to see how she (and I) get on with it. Then I'll either take the plunge to the dark side (keeping my Z30 for use on another network)... or will get a Passport for a much longer-term comparison.

11-08-14 03:06 AM
    Few thingd to note I'm on note 3

1. Keyboard in android is garbage
    2. Bloatware be prepared to root and remove

3. Battery on paper battery is same or better than passport

Under heavy use it dies in 8 10 hrs

4. Email and communication

Lol try runnjng 3 4 email accounts and few im and sms apps.

Have fun destroying your home button and then phone out of frustration nothing beats the hub

Androjd looks cool from afar try using it heavily and you will see.

I had a z10 I should have gotten z30 instead of note 3.

Ginna sell this for passport.
    11-09-14 02:13 AM
    I just received a Note 4 to do a product review with. The nice thing is that I get to keep the device as payment for my services which was great.

I am going to load it up with the same apps as I use on my passport and do a little comparison between the two devices after using it as my daily driver for a few days.

I will say that compared to the Note 2 I had a while back, they have made some great improvements not only to the build quality, but also to the touch wiz software, fingerprint scanner, etc. More to come.

Sent from my lovely Passport on T Mobile USA
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    11-09-14 04:52 AM
    Get a Note 4. Passports suck.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 06:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lol

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-09-14 06:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Straight outta Compton.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 08:56 AM
    I only had few minutes with the Note 4.

The keyboard wasn't bad at all. I was actually type pretty fast on it. But, I had to look at the keyboard not the screen.

S-Pen: Pretty impressive stuff. It will be good for note taking, but if I was going to a lot of note taking, I would get the tablet version.

Dislikes:

Bloatware

UI - I don't know it is because how this person set up the phone, but the whole UI was ugly and childish looking.

Reception: while on the same network, the note failed to get above 2 bars while my passport had a full reception.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 11:40 AM
    Few thingd to note I'm on note 3

1. Keyboard in android is garbage
    Swype is the best keyboard to use. Whilst I prefer a physical keyboard, if I have to have a touch screen device, that's what I choose. YOu can get this 'style' on ios , winphone and droid now. Shame its not available on touch screen blackberries I think.
    11-09-14 02:57 PM
54 123