Does anybody know if Passport comes with norwegian keyboard? We have some special letters like �, �, �.

Also interested to know the norwegian releasedate if someone knows
    Last edited by Peaks; 08-21-14 at 12:19 AM.
    08-20-14 12:33 PM
    I would imagine there will be an on screen solution for those characters.
    08-20-14 12:58 PM
    Might seem like a solution to put these letters on the forth row. But it doesnt make it easier to write. On my Z10 these charachters are on the second and third row like conventional keyboards connected to mac, pc or laptops.
    08-20-14 02:06 PM
    Sverige f�r den om 2-4 uker, men Norge??? Jeg har ikke noe peiling. Lurer ogs� om timen.

BlackBerry - because I am really different
    08-20-14 02:13 PM
    Trenger man virkelig norske bokstavene p� tastaturet? Kan jo bare dobbeltrykke p� k,l,p for � f� de tastene. Er det jeg gj�r.

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    08-20-14 03:10 PM
    Trenger man virkelig norske bokstavene p� tastaturet? Kan jo bare dobbeltrykke p� k,l,p for � f� de tastene. Er det jeg gj�r.
    Double tapping selected keys to get special letters seems annoying. I�ve done it in the past with older models and it was functional though more timeconsuming in total. No point in going old school on Passport. It would be nice to know how they will solve this.
    08-21-14 12:27 AM
    Double-tapping on those particular keys, which roughly correspond geographically to the standard keymaps for nordic languages, does sound swift and acceptable enough, to me, actually; although I could see it becoming annoying, having to slow down, however minutely,when you want to type double consonants (EDIT: I.e: ...to avoid getting "dobbeltry�e" instead of the intended "dobbeltrykke").

Anything like long-presses with subsequent selection, or selection from the virtual row, is out, however; Those characters are far too common in use to be relegated to sub-menus and suchlike - you wouldn't put "A" in the accents popup. :P
    Last edited by jojon2se; 08-21-14 at 02:25 AM.
    08-21-14 01:46 AM
    Double-tapping on those particular keys, which roughly correspond geographically to the standard keymaps for nordic languages, does sound swift and acceptable enough, to me, actually; although I could see it becoming annoying, having to slow down, however minutely,when you want to type double consonants (EDIT: I.e: ...to avoid getting "dobbeltry�e" instead of the intended "dobbeltrykke").

Anything like long-presses with subsequent selection, or selection from the virtual row, is out, however; Those characters are far too common in use to be relegated to sub-menus and suchlike - you wouldn't put "A" in the accents popup. :P
    Yeah. Thats the only issue I have with it. I have added most of those words with double consonants into the dictionary, so it changes them automatically thankfully.

08-21-14 07:47 AM
    Any update on this?
    10-11-14 09:04 AM
    Passport with norwegian keyboard?-img_20141011_170844.png

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 10:09 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141011_170844.png 
Views:	294 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	305140

Posted via CB10

Er de norske bokstavene oppe hele tiden? Istedenfor tallene?

BallRockReaper likes this.
    10-13-14 06:07 AM
    Er de norske bokstavene oppe hele tiden? Istedenfor tallene?

Anyone? This seems acceptable for me. Would be nice to know if the above screenshot is a constant if Norwegian keyboard is chosen!? Before my beloved Z10s awesome touch keyboard my latest BB model had norwegian physical keyboard. Would be nice to see the Passport with norwgian physical letters.
    10-23-14 02:37 PM
    Yes, you can set it to permanently show Nordic characters in the fourth row. I have the Svenska layout and it shows them, although you do miss out on some of the useful punctuation. I often just use the English layout and let the word predictions do my Swedish typing for me. The predictions are very good on there.
    10-23-14 06:00 PM
    Yes, the build-in dictionary is very good. I'm Danish and hardly ever has to press to use specific Scandinavian characters, the build-in dictionary does that for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 06:26 PM