Hi,

Have any of you experienced the following:

• screen freezing mid swipe during unlock, sometimes freezing for over 5 minutes and requiring a hard reset
    • charge phone all night, unplug it in the morning and start the day with 72% battery life
    • delete emails, but once the gesture is complete, the email is still bolded and "unread".
    • Perform hard reset in order to reset system midway through the morning, and when the phone re-boots, your 6am alarm starts going off.
    • not receiving text messages
    • press to open app, app blinks screen slides over and slides back again, app doesn't open
    • NFC tag screen opens up for no reason
    • When in vehicle, the bluetooth operation (vehicle) repeatedly asks me to enter a passcode (eventhough it has been set up previously). After three attempts it disconnects.
    • Phone requires hard reset more than a few times per day

My Passport is 10 weeks old, it has been sent away for repair twice for the above referenced issues. Both times, the 3rd party Blackberry "anonymous" repair shop has informed my carrier that the OS was removed, and a new one was re-installed. I've been without the phone for 3 of the 10 weeks I've owned it.

All of the above referenced issues are present after the 2nd repair, and I'm debating throwing it into the river, or sending it away for repair a 3rd time.

Is there any feedback? Support group to regain my sanity? lol.....Truth is, I love this phone, outside of these ongoing intermittent issues, I love everything about it's functionality.
    03-30-16 08:23 AM
    What OS are you using? If the device was mine, I would re-do the OS and start over completely fresh to 10.3.2.2876 using an autoloader.
    03-30-16 08:28 AM
    Hey Brookie, Thanks for the reply.

In the "about" section of the device, it lists 10.3.2.2474 as the lastest software version. How would I go about upgrading the software using an autoloader? When opening Link, it lists 10.3.2.2639 as the OS version.

When the device was returned after the most recent repair, the software was upgraded using the Blackberry Link program on my laptop.
    03-30-16 09:05 AM
    For sure a broken phone in need of a new " doctor ".

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    03-30-16 09:13 AM
    Sounds like that's Rubber Ducked, mate

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 12:23 PM
    None of them.....

Mia San Mia!
    03-30-16 01:11 PM
    I had the freezing screen issue on my att PP for the longest time it was awful would have to wait way too long to do anything then I updated the android runtime in BlackBerry world and haven't seen it since idk why that would fix it but it has.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 01:34 PM
    Hey Brookie, Thanks for the reply.

In the "about" section of the device, it lists 10.3.2.2474 as the lastest software version. How would I go about upgrading the software using an autoloader? When opening Link, it lists 10.3.2.2639 as the OS version.

When the device was returned after the most recent repair, the software was upgraded using the Blackberry Link program on my laptop.
    Well it seems as tho you have fairly up to date software, but what have you got to lose by installing a newer OS? Go to: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/ and read carefully how to install a new OS using an autoloader. When you have read this how to, go to the link "BB10 /Leaked Beta OS" and choose a newer OS on that page. You could pick any OS newer than yours, but I would suggest : http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...aders-1054501/ which is the latest OS. On the FIRST post (near the end) you will see "Autoloader Links" and the Passport OS is the first on that list. Click the link and you will be directed to a Mega site to download a 1.7 Gb .rar file. That is the Passport OS zipped file that you should download to your PC desktop. Once downloaded use 7zip or Winrar to unzip it and you will then have the .exe file. Hook up your Passport to your PC with USB, make sure you CLOSE Blackberry Link then click on the .exe and the OS will then be installed. Good luck!
    JohnM109R and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    03-30-16 02:14 PM
    I would recommend 10.3.2.2813 instead of 2876 because of the Android runtime issue. You won't have to update the runtime. I've used both and downgraded to 2813.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    03-30-16 07:28 PM
    I would recommend 10.3.2.2813 instead of 2876 because of the Android runtime issue. You won't have to update the runtime. I've used both and downgraded to 2813.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that may be a good idea, especially since he is a rookie at this.
    03-30-16 10:00 PM
    How do you down grade your OS to a prior version? I was told by Blackberry that I could not do that for my Passport. Do you have a link for a downloadable version prior to 10.3.2.2876?
    03-31-16 07:58 AM
    How do you down grade your OS to a prior version? I was told by Blackberry that I could not do that for my Passport. Do you have a link for a downloadable version prior to 10.3.2.2876?
    Yes, you can--to a certain point. Use an autoloader : BB10 Leaked/Beta OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    03-31-16 08:12 AM
    i have a few of your symptoms, esp #1. i gave up on fixing it and just gonna sell it
    03-31-16 09:03 PM
    Sounds more like a lemon product more than a simple os reload issue. sorry you drew the short straw this time!

I wonder if there is any water damage on it?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 12:15 AM
    I don't have problem with my passport SE.. what u've going through is horrible
    Lol if it's me I guess I'll just throw it into the river and find other phone...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 12:20 AM
    It's just a nightmare. You only have to wake up. Kidding aside, why did you have your phone repaired by a "3rd party" shop? If its a 10 week old phone, you're covered by the BlackBerry warranty. Might try to return the device and have it replaced.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 12:30 AM
    Interesting comments, Thanks.

Here's the irony:

The issue began 1 week after purchase. Bell directed me to BlackBerry as the "manufacturer". BlackBerry call center, somewhere in the Asia Pacific have their own tech support processes that involve hours of questions and software logging etc. After 3 weeks of dealing with this, they (BB) confirmed that the phone needed to be repaired, and this would be facilitated by Bell. I argued that I needed a new device.

When I called bell and informed them of this, they explained that I had exceeded the talk time limit, therefore a replacement was not possible. I told them the reason for the exceeded talk time was my discussions with BlackBerry. No dice.

That was repair #1.

Bell does not repair the devices themselves, they use BlackBerry authorized repair shops. Also called 3rd party shops.

The issues resurfaced about 2 hours after I got the phone back. I lived with it for another week, until I wasn't receiving certain text messages. At that point it was sent away a 2nd time.

It was returned to me Thursday March 24th and the issues resurfaced March 25th. Since then, the issues have been intermittent.

Here's Bell's proposed options:

1) exchange for a slightly used device from a retail store, limited inventory of which none is a BlackBerry. 37$ charge.

2) Pay 525$ for a new device of my choice and retain the existing terms of my 2yr contract

3) pay the cancellation fee and get out of the 2yr contact of which I have 22 months remaining

To add more irony to the situation - I'm still being credited for the cash outlay I made for the device at the front end of the contract.

All three options further underscore my reasoning that BlackBerry should get into the sales & service support business, because there is no way I am accepting any of those options. Bell has been informed that they won't get a dime more from me unless they meet me on my side of the continuum of advantageous options.

On a sidenote: is it completely irrational to want an SE given what you now know about this situation? The silver and the rounded corners are just slick, and typing this long-winded diatribe on a PP was a joy and further increases my disdain for virtual keyboards.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-16 02:07 PM
    This does sound like a lemon, but more importantly a situation made worse by Bell. Are there not "lemon laws" that govern this kind of thing? Because you've had 3 repairs, by now you may be entitled to a full replacement. Did you pay by credit card for the initial bit? Maybe there is some coverage there.

All this to say that based on the info you provided, it sounds like you got a lemon, and it also sounds like the "repair" is not actually testing the device at all, just plugging into link and calling it a day. I'd be escalating things with Bell if possible, and insisting that you are not trying to get out of the contract, rather get the device you bought working.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 05:13 PM
    Great feedback and I will look into insurance on the CC I used to make the purchase. Thanks.

Posted with a Passport for Productivity
    04-10-16 05:51 PM
    When you got back your device after repair, did you install any Android app or did a restore from any Backup you made? Some Android Apps do make your phone sluggish and some of your symptoms may be caused my it. I once had a sluggish swipe up. And when that happened I was able to pinpoint the last Android App I installed and just uninstalled it and did a hard reboot. I guess that's also the advantage of trying to load the latest OS. The latest OS seems to have some improvements on the Android Runtime.

Also when it does get sluggish when swiping up and opening apps, is your Passport warm? This would indicate that the Passport is overworked and is heating up. This may cause the OS to throttle down the speed of the processor to prevent damage.

If it's not a rougue app nor is it an OS issue, then more likely it's a Hardware issue. But I wouldn't rule out SW issue yet.
    04-10-16 06:34 PM
    Thanks. A few others (including BlackBerry tech support) stated the issue might be android apps. Both times the phone was sent away, it was backed up. When I got the phone back, the problems started again even prior to the reload of the backed-up apps.

Is there any way to know which apps are the problem?

04-10-16 08:40 PM
    Thanks. A few others (including BlackBerry tech support) stated the issue might be android apps. Both times the phone was sent away, it was backed up. When I got the phone back, the problems started again even prior to the reload of the backed-up apps.

Is there any way to know which apps are the problem?

Sometimes this is the difficult part. But when your phone gets sluggish, try opening Device Monitor (can be found in Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor) then see if the CPU is unusually high. Typically CPU usage is in singe digit percentage only. It might spike up to 20% for a second or two but never for a long period of time (long means a minute and above). If it does then try to see what app it is. Unfortunately, most if not all rogue Android Apps manifests itself with a high CPU % for System or Android Player. So sometimes it's difficult to pinpoint which one it is.

And also, is your phone hot when it gets sluggish in the swipe up?
    04-10-16 08:50 PM