I've seen this question floating around but I can't seem to find a straight answer. It was to my understanding that the classic was not a top of the line device if you will, and that the Q30 or windermere (now the passport) , was supposed to be a top of the line premium device that would replace the Q10.

We all know that the Q10 is of better quality to the Q5. I know the classic is a completely different device, but are they BOTH premium devices that are just different hardware, or is the Passport hands down going to be the better device when it comes down to specs and just being the latest and greatest from blackberry. Thanks!

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    06-20-14 05:31 PM
    I've seen this question floating around but I can't seem to find a straight answer. It was to my understanding that the classic was not a top of the line device if you will, and that the Q30 or windermere (now the passport) , was supposed to be a top of the line premium device that would replace the Q10.

We all know that the Q10 is of better quality to the Q5. I know the classic is a completely different device, but are they BOTH premium devices that are just different hardware, or is the Passport hands down going to be the better device when it comes down to specs and just being the latest and greatest from blackberry. Thanks!

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    The BlackBerry Passport will be the next flagship released in September this year. The BlackBerry Classic is going to be released this year in November.

The BlackBerry Classic's specs haven't been confirmed but some of the specs of the BlackBerry Passport have been 'leaked'.

The BlackBerry Passport will have:
    > Display - 4.5 inch with resolution of 1440 x 1440 at a pixel density of 453ppi (pixels per inch)
    > Quad Core Processor
    > 13 MP Camera
    > 3GB RAM
    > Battery - 3450mAh Li-Ion Battery
    > OS 10.3

No one, as for now, knows if the BlackBerry Classic will carry similar specs to the BlackBerry Passport, but there is a rumour that the BlackBerry Classic will have specs similar to the BlackBerry Q10
    06-20-14 05:40 PM
    The BlackBerry Passport will be the next flagship released in September this year. The BlackBerry Classic is going to be released this year in November.

The BlackBerry Classic's specs haven't been confirmed but some of the specs of the BlackBerry Passport have been 'leaked'.

The BlackBerry Passport will have:
    > Display - 4.5 inch with resolution of 1440 x 1440 at a pixel density of 453ppi (pixels per inch)
    > Quad Core Processor
    > 13 MP Camera
    > 3GB RAM
    > Battery - 3450mAh Li-Ion Battery
    > OS 10.3

No one, as for now, knows if the BlackBerry Classic will carry similar specs to the BlackBerry Passport, but there is a rumour that the BlackBerry Classic will have specs similar to the BlackBerry Q10 .

Z30'd it !

Z30'd it !
    06-20-14 05:43 PM
    Hopefully very similar,
    I'd expect a less power hungry processor, smaller battery in a smaller device
    . But if BlackBerry could keep everything else like 13Mp camera and 1440 x 1440 screen res that would be good.
    06-21-14 01:26 AM
    Ive been wondering the same. I thought I remember seeing on a roadmap that there would be another all touchscreen flagship at the end of the year. Are we going to have go buy a physical keyboard to have the latest BB10 tech? I really hope the classic and passport wont be the only options or Im going to really have to stock up on spare Z10's.....
    06-21-14 12:23 PM
    Ive been wondering the same. I thought I remember seeing on a roadmap that there would be another all touchscreen flagship at the end of the year. Are we going to have go buy a physical keyboard to have the latest BB10 tech? I really hope the classic and passport wont be the only options or Im going to really have to stock up on spare Z10's.....
    Seems like it is the only options. Chen seems very "pro-keyboard" and he thinks it's a big asset to the company. If that is the case I disagree with that plan. I am a keyboard lover myself, but if he abandons all the full-touch users out there then he is doing the same thing Thorsten did by abandoning the tool belt. Lots of unhappy customers. Releasing the classic was a no brainer, good decision. The passport looks great to for all those users that love their Q10 and don't need the belt. But where's the full touch device? I agree with you. The Z30 is a great device but I know a lot of people want an updated full touch in a Z10 form factor. Hopefully he does his best to please everybody. Choice is good.

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    06-21-14 05:25 PM
    I think it is a huge mistake to exclude a touchscreen phone from this round phone releases. By doing so BB is instantly excluding 97% of potential "new" customers who will never even consider a physical keyboard anymore. Im a blackberry lover but Im not even willing to give up screen real estate for a keyboard anymore. BB has developed an AMAZING virtual keyboard and I hope they realize this and dont give up on full touchscreen (not to mention Im not even sure if I can type without swiping anymore since ive been spoiled by my Z). Its the only way they are going to attract new business. At the very best, I expect people come into a store, look briefly at the passport because it is so odd, MAYBE notice some neat features and be impressed and then move down the line and buy an Iphone because they havent had a phone with any keys on it since they ditched their flip razr 10 years ago. To actually believe that a physical keyboard phone will ever be a mainstream device ever again in this day and age is insane imo.
    06-22-14 12:37 PM
    The Z30 is a recent high-tier touch screen release. Just because a full touch isn't in this round, doesn't mean it's not coming. The Classic and the Passport are filling niches that no BlackBerry currently fills. A new all-touch device would essentially just be a spec bump. Not much need for that at this moment.

Posted on my Q10
    06-22-14 02:18 PM
    The Z30 is a recent high-tier touch screen release. Just because a full touch isn't in this round, doesn't mean it's not coming. The Classic and the Passport are filling niches that no BlackBerry currently fills. A new all-touch device would essentially just be a spec bump. Not much need for that at this moment.

Posted on my Q10
    Agreed, although a 5" or 5.2" full touch device with 3GB ram, big batterij and a Quad core processor that is at least clocked at 2.3 would make me very very happy (Maby they are waiting for the 64-bit snapdragons to launch?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 02:43 PM
    There are apparently 2 full touch devices to be launched at some point soon (not including the z3) I'd imagine we might see them early next year.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 03:03 PM
    Also waiting to see if a full touch is in the pipeline. Not sure if I could go back to physical keyboard.
    06-22-14 06:55 PM

Posted on my Q10
    I completely agree, I guess my real problem is im stuck with ATT and they scraped the fully compatable model. Oh well, heres to patience and the hope that the passport and classic can carry BB thru till the next touchscreen drops.
    06-23-14 12:34 PM
    I don't see how it can be. It doesn't float.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175 O2 UK
    06-23-14 01:56 PM