This is a reference thread to document the different models and network bands for the BlackBerry Passport. Similar Z30, Z10, Q10, and Q5 threads are located here, here, here, and here, respectively.

Click on image to enlarge. CB10 users having difficulty loading the image below, click here for a larger image (CB link,) or here (Dropbox link.)

Passport Models and Supported Frequencies-passport.png

A few general things:

1. Consult the list above first, then the list of "Partially Compatible Carriers" below, if necessary.

2. How this works: click to enlarge the image above, and then compare your carrier's bands to figure out which model of the Passport is best for your use. If your carrier is not listed, check the PCC list below. If you still don't see it, you can ask for a compatibility check, or ask your carrier.

2a. 'Comparable to' column: If you already own a BB10 phone, you can quickly and easily figure out which Passport to get by looking at this column.
    The Passport model listed will always meet or exceed compatibility for the other BB10 phones listed in this column.

3. This thread is a work in progress, and may not yet be complete. It will be updated frequently. Usually, my sources of most information are "official" listings/documents: BlackBerry manuals, FCC filings, etc. This time, the ShopBlackBerry listing has been used as a source as well. As more information is made available, I will double check everything and update as necessary.

4. This is a community driven thread. So if you buy a Passport and would like to chime in with compatibility information, please feel free to do so and I will update the OP. I won't edit the list of "Compatible Carriers" unless I'm provided with solid proof (carriers' websites confirming bands/sub-models, other semi-reputable printed sources such as Wikipedia, etc.)

Partially
    Compatible (some 3G/HSPA+,or some LTE, but not all for both: )

SQW100-1, -3 and -4:
    Telstra, Taiwan Mobile, Vodafone NZ, Spark NZ, Zain Saudi Arabia: 3G/HSPA+ everywhere; LTE only in band 3 areas
    Optus: 3G/HSPA+ everywhere; LTE only in band 3 and 7 areas
    Airtel India, Aircel, China Unicom: 3G/HSPA+ everywhere; no LTE
    Softbank: LTE in band 1 areas; 3G/HSPA+ in UMTS band 1, band 8 areas
    NTT DoCoMo: LTE in band 1, band 3 areas; 3G/HSPA+ in UMTS band 1 areas
    Last edited by raino; 08-07-15 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Added -4, LTE 700 corrections
    09-24-14 01:20 PM
    FAQ

1. What is this list of Compatible Carriers in the graphic?

If a Passport model/variant has all the bands for a carrier's main network frequencies, that carrier will appear in the"Compatible Carriers" list below that model. This list may not be complete, because I cannot check each and every carrier's compatibility. I have done my best to research complete compatibility, but I cannot guarantee it.

2. What is the "Partially Compatible Carriers" list, then?

This list is a collection of carriers where the phone may work on 3G/HSPA+ but not on LTE, or vice versa. So, for example, The SQW100-1 has Airtel India's 3G band, but it does not have its LTE band. Therefore, the SQW100-1 is partially compatible with Airtel India.

At the very least, the SQW100-1 is quad-band GSM, so it will work on all GSM (2G) networks.

3. What do I do if I don't see my carrier's name in either list?

Please feel to do post below and request a compatibility check! CB is a great community with many knowledgeable and helpful people.

*4. What's the deal with Verizon, will the RGY181LW work?

Not until 2016, if at all. While this phone has Verizon's LTE bands 4 and 13, Verizon will not activate this phone on its network.

Long answer: Verizon has two high speed networks: CDMA, and LTE. Verizon won't allow on its networks any phone not certified for its CDMA network, which basically means if they don't have its IMEI/ESN in their list, it's a no go. Verizon is in the process of deploying a voice over LTE (voLTE) network. Whether the Passport will be able to access this voLTE network, nobody (except maybe people in Verizon) can say for sure.

I would not recommend buying a SQW100-1 for use on Verizon.

5. If my carrier uses multiple bands, what's the best way to find out which networks are around me?

If you already have a BB10 phone, there is a way through escreens to find out which network your phone is parked on. Click here for UMTS instructions, here for LTE instructions. This is the best localized check you can do to make sure the Passport has bands for the networks around you.

For instructions to run similar tests on iPhones, click here. For Samsung Galaxy devices, dial *#0011# and look for RRC band. Credit to yhamaie for all this excellent information.
    Last edited by raino; 11-19-14 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Updated Verizon FAQ
    09-24-14 01:20 PM
    I love these threads- thank you for always posting/updating them!

I just wish Verizon's variant would be out soon... or sold direct
    09-24-14 01:35 PM
    Also, sticky this please like in the other subforums
    09-24-14 03:18 PM
    Image is not clickable through the cb app. Just thought I'd mention that.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    09-24-14 03:31 PM
    Image is not clickable through the cb app. Just thought I'd mention that.
    Thanks. I added a link to the image. Please let me know if that works better.
    09-24-14 03:52 PM
    Well I went ahead and bought the passport after talking to BlackBerry support and them telling me that it will work. I will reply back to yall in a few days to let you know what happened.

Posted on my Z30
    09-24-14 04:04 PM
    Great post and information, already bought one a few hours ago. I am on T Mobile USA.
    09-24-14 04:25 PM
    Thanks. I added a link to the image. Please let me know if that works better.
    Thanks raino but still doesn't work, I click on the link but it just brings up a black screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 04:38 PM
    So my reading of this is that the Passport is fully compatible with US ATT (4G/LTE). Am I correct?
    09-24-14 06:20 PM
    So my reading of this is that the Passport is fully compatible with US ATT (4G/LTE). Am I correct?
    I have the same question too. If I purchase an unlocked Blackberry Passport from Shop Blackberry.com, will it get AT&T's LTE coverage?
    09-24-14 07:03 PM
    Yes, it will. But are you two aware that AT&T has picked up this phone for distribution? Just an FYI in case buying through them is cheaper for you guys. It might be a while before they start selling it, though.

Thanks raino but still doesn't work, I click on the link but it just brings up a black screen.
    I have added a Dropbox link now. If that still doesn't work, maybe it's an app permissions thing? FWIW, I made this thread from a computer, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with the image not loading in CB10.
    09-24-14 07:29 PM
    Well I went ahead and bought the passport after talking to BlackBerry support and them telling me that it will work. I will reply back to yall in a few days to let you know what happened.

Posted on my Z30
    You're on Verizon, right? Verrrrry curious to see what happens here... I want to get one as well and not wait for whenever Big Red releases its variant
    09-24-14 07:51 PM
    I am on Verizon but will gladly start an ATT account (I already have one active) so that I can use this. Advantage of not getting ATT branded is updates. I am in. I am waiting to see how long it takes Shopblackberry to deliver as I ordered priority overnight and my order was taken at 9:58 am EST and confirm was in my mailbox at 10:48 am EST. Does not show shipped yet.
    09-24-14 07:58 PM

Posted on my Z30
    Can't wait to hear whether or not it works for you! Fingers crossed that it does!

VZW STL 100-4 currently running 10.3.0.1154
    09-24-14 11:45 PM
    Which model support TDD LTE band 41 ?
    09-25-14 03:27 AM
    Yes I am and I will let you know how it works out

Posted on my Z30
    SteelGreek likes this.
    09-25-14 05:12 AM
    I will let you know.

Posted on my Z30
    09-25-14 05:13 AM
    Which model support TDD LTE band 41 ?
    There's is no such model yet.
    09-25-14 09:15 AM
    Since Cricket is now GSM using AT&T's network, you could use this with them and get 10GB/mo for $55 with autopay, $60 without. Not a bad deal.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 10:11 AM
    Would this phone work on the Canadian discount carrier, "Mobilicity"? Anyone confirm what kind of sim card it takes?
    09-26-14 05:03 PM
    Would this phone work on the Canadian discount carrier, "Mobilicity"? Anyone confirm what kind of sim card it takes?
    Yes, it will. The Passport takes a nano SIM.
    wormycoolness likes this.
    09-26-14 05:06 PM
    Excellent Post OP!

Thanks for taking the time to share this

many people will find this extremely useful
    09-27-14 01:31 AM
    Thank you as always raining, will most definitely come back and report on the tmobile experience.
    09-28-14 09:53 AM
    Yes you will
    09-28-14 10:18 AM
184 123 ...