Yes, passport is the best and unfortunately the last real blackberry, I tried to jump to samsung s7 edge, it's the disaster. Now it's in the box, sleeping.
    Still thinking to buy P9983 Graphite.....

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 11:37 AM
    I've owned a boatload of cell phones over the last 22 years and my Passport SE, and my first Blackberry, is by far the best phone and operating system I have ever owned. Right now Blackberry Canada is selling the Passport for only $394 CAD. Now that they are no longer making phones I am so tempted to pull the trigger and buy another one. Decisions.. decisions..
    Went ahead and pulled the trigger. Just bought another PPSE from SBB as back up. $445 CAD all-in.
    10-07-16 03:04 PM
    very nice pic. Your Q10 looks great.
    10-07-16 03:20 PM
    It's not just me. By their very nature, smartphones exist in an app driven world. Without apps then they are not smartphones. The Passport is a great phone but aside from the dearth of apps I find it slow compared to my LG G4. That has nothing to do with my useage. Unfortunately due to the lack of take up for BB10 there is a huge lack of app development. This obviously has become a huge problem for BlackBerry hence the switch to Android and now outsourcing hardware. It's a shame but true all the same.

Posted via CB10
    That made no sense. BlackBerry Passport has apps. Whether it's suitable for you or not is the same reason why Android has gazillion apps for the same functions.

And it doesn't make it less stupid (being a smartphone) by having less apps. Just less functional for some. Same reason what divides professional tools vs amateur tools. Mind you, Passport is smart in many ways out of the box compared to Android. Hub is awesome.

I just got the DTEK50, and it's kinda annoying that I had to spend hours downloading apps and configuring compared to what I already have on Passport ready to use, e.g. converter and file manager. I don't know about you, but I sure don't want to spend extra useless time when I can just get going without doing much.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    10-07-16 03:24 PM
    I am on day two with my Passport SE - I missed BB10 - I had originally a Classic paired with the Note 4 - then got rid of the Note to a Nexus 6P - "the latest" software is nice but I still miss my S-Pen lol i use it over touchscreen typing which I loathe. So I traded up the Classic for the Priv - well now I have a 6P and a passport SE - thinking about selling the 6P and getting a flipfone and just buying an android tablet for he FEW times I need their apps
    If you think about it a tablet is great. What did we do with the playbook. Try to keep it around in the car. Show off things with it. Why not apply the same with a Droid tablet and run BB10?

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    10-08-16 08:03 AM
    It's not just me. By their very nature, smartphones exist in an app driven world. Without apps then they are not smartphones. The Passport is a great phone but aside from the dearth of apps I find it slow compared to my LG G4. That has nothing to do with my useage. Unfortunately due to the lack of take up for BB10 there is a huge lack of app development. This obviously has become a huge problem for BlackBerry hence the switch to Android and now outsourcing hardware. It's a shame but true all the same.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not going to debate you on the flaws of BlackBerry, but I can tell you that for me and what I need my phone to do, BB10 works. You wouldn't believe all the crap that I had to do these past couple of weeks and my Classic handled it flawlessly. Out of the box file manager and the hub keeping everything together without opening different apps kept everyone I was doing business with up to date. I honestly don't think that the Priv or any other phone could do that for ME in my opinion.

I've said this before on these forums that all OS's are subjective and that there is no one "perfect" OS.

To call the Passport not a good phone because it doesn't have APPS is short sighted on the big picture of what it CAN and DOES do mostly out of the box.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    10-08-16 11:58 AM
    I also got a Passport SE today. I like it more than the PRIV. I also have the normal Passport. Just love the phone.

My battery of the passport broke down though, just after I ordered the SE. I fixed it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-08-16 12:21 PM
    Would be great for my phone calls and text/emails.
    10-09-16 02:20 PM
    Is that all?

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    10-09-16 02:39 PM
    Best phone ever..

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 03:47 PM
    Ye might as well get a Classic/Q10/9900 if that's all it does. Lol
    Passport can do so much more, despite being limited in apps.
    10-09-16 07:09 PM
    I switched from the Q10 to the Passport and I really love this phone. Had some issues with it in the beginning because of some app bug. So I reset it to the factory settings and ended up killing it for a two weeks then revived it cause I missed the keyboard action!
    This phone is my last phone hands down!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 07:16 PM
    I've gone from a passport silver edition to an iphone 6s plus to a note 7 and back to my passport silver edition. There is absolutely nothing like this phone. Just ordered a new one since mine is a bit banged up now. I will also use this phone till it's death.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 08:34 PM
    I've gone from a passport silver edition to an iphone 6s plus to a note 7 and back to my passport silver edition. There is absolutely nothing like this phone. Just ordered a new one since mine is a bit banged up now. I will also use this phone till it's death.

Posted via CB10
    I've done a similar loop. 6Plus, Priv, and then back to Passport/Classic combo.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    10-09-16 09:36 PM
64 123