So one of the things leading me to an iphone is the connectivity with the macbook. I am a big fan of the calendar on the phone/macbook and icloud.

My question is, are there some calendar apps I could get for my macbook that would allow me to do the same between the upcoming Passport and Macbook?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 08:41 PM
    You'll be able to do that with BlackBerry blend which should be out by the time the Passport comes out. You'll also have options to sms, bbm and file manager

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 08:49 PM
    I use gmail calendar sync with my Mac
    08-30-14 09:31 PM
    Much appreciated guys. I didn't know about these. If they work well, might mean I will make the move for the passport

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 04:01 AM
    Why not just integrate the iCloud Calendar and Contacts on your BlackBerry?

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    08-31-14 05:31 AM
    Yeah I have my iCloud email, calendar, and contacts synced right on my Q10. Then when I put a new calendar entry in either my Blackberry or on my Macbook, it syncs both ways.
    08-31-14 02:36 PM
    So one of the things leading me to an iphone is the connectivity with the macbook. I am a big fan of the calendar on the phone/macbook and icloud.

My question is, are there some calendar apps I could get for my macbook that would allow me to do the same between the upcoming Passport and Macbook?

Posted via CB10
    Coming from a guy that owns a Q10 and a MacBook Pro as well as several iOS devices I'm telling you now don't just take people's word for it especially BlackBerry or CrackBerry fans who tell you to use "BlackBerry Link" because it's lies.

BlackBerry Link is unreliable, contact sync is wonky fields don't come over sometimes or the data that's sent over is just wrong. The local file access does not work without turning off the firewall on OS X. Backup takes forever to complete and updates are few.

Whoever says "BlackBerry Blend" will solve your problems... maybe on Windows.

Wait for the reviews...

Also the Q10 does not sync contacts with iCloud properly I've spent quite a few hours messing with it. I get a bunch of contacts with no data.

Posted via my Q10
    08-31-14 05:16 PM
    Backup does take forever on macbook

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 07:29 PM
    I appreciate all responses. I just can't go PC so it may be an iphone 5s or even a 6 for my next phone.
    I still have to try the Passport (and others) first before decision.

At least I will have my much loved q10 still.

It's almost annoying going Apple but there products do work ever so well

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 12:13 AM
    It's almost annoying going Apple but there products do work ever so well

Posted via CB10
    Don't you mean it's annoying that BlackBerry can't get their act together and actually build sync software that works on a platform they claim to support?

I'd much rather them stop supporting os x than sell a half baked product.

Posted via my Q10
    09-01-14 01:53 AM
    I use iCloud for shared calendars between my wife and I on my Q10. Absolutely no issues. Contacts have always been synced with MS Exchange from work, so can't comment there, but my personal contacts are in Gmail and those come across no problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 09:09 AM