A few days ago I decided to switch to Samsung S7 Edge and delete my Bb ID account security before swipe my device

Today I want to return to my lovely passport but i receive an error due to bb id registration

I create a new bb id with the same email and the same password but still ask me for original/old details which are the same as new details

Any help?
    Last edited by dvamv; 11-16-16 at 02:17 PM.
    11-16-16 05:50 AM
    A few days ago I decided to switch to Samsung S7 Edge and delete my Bb ID account before sweep my device

Today I want to return to my lovely passport but i receive an error due to bb id registration

I create a new bb id with the same email and the same password but still ask me for original/old details which are the same as new details

Any help?
    You have tripped the BlackBerry Protect feature to prevent devices being re-used after they are lost or stolen.
    The only way to unlock the device is to enter the BBID that was last in use on that device.
    If you can't remember it and no longer have access to the email address the old BBID was set up with, there is no way to re-use that device.
    If you do have access to the original email address, go here and use the Forgot Password dialog:
    https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/

The problem you have, however, is you "recreated" the BBID.
    As far as I know, that is not possible.
    So your original BBID may have been slightly different from what you created as your current one.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 11-16-16 at 05:01 PM.
    dvamv likes this.
    11-16-16 07:19 AM
    I did the same thing and am unable to get past the BBID sign-in.

My problem is that I deleted the device from my BBID before I did my security wipe. So now the device wants it's ID signin on setup but won't recognize it as legit. It will send a 'password reset' to my BBID but can't link it since it's not on the 'list'. It here any way to relink a phone from the Blackberry Protect website side ?

I am sure of the BBID the phone has and also the password. It matches the BB Protect web version but no phones are listed

Lesson learned. Maybe when 10.3.3 releases I will be able to bypass the Protect feature.

In the meantime, it anyone has any advice, please let me know.
    11-16-16 12:13 PM