Hi guys,

I don't have a passport yet but when my Q10 dies I'll get one. This thought came into my mind and I thought they should have designed the touch keyboard like the Trackpad.
    I think it may be better if the blue highlighter from the Trackpad was present like on the Classic so you can scroll around the lists and apps without touching the screen. The Enter key could serve as a select button since the Classic Trackpad is also a button. They could make it disappear while typing so we don't lose the keyboard swipe gestures.
    What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 08:18 AM
    I like it, as it stands now though its still pretty good since you can scroll web pages without obstructing the view like every other device by constantly touching the screen and the predictive typing is good too once you get used to it. Also since the screen size is so big touching specific areas of the screen is more accurate, so the trackpad idea is a good one, but it functions really well as is

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 06:10 PM
    It's a reasonable idea, for sure. Perhaps it could be activated with a double-tap, the way the cursor comes up in a text document.
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    12-22-14 06:14 PM
    Yeah I'm hoping they open up the api so it can be used in games etc, like so many other things it's not being utilised to its full potential

Check Out TechCraze
    Barbareren and anon(4067838) like this.
    12-22-14 06:18 PM
    I can sure see this. There are many times a day I'm trying to use the keyboard to navigate some where on the screen and realize that I can't do that. Hopefully they'll add more features to the passport keyboard. However it's a darn good phone. By far the best I've ever owned

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 06:29 PM
    Don't think even the classic trackpad works like an attached mouse or bb7 trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 04:35 AM
    Yep, I keep wishing for this too. I really would prefer to select apps using the keyboard, rather than having to touch the screen.
    12-23-14 06:59 AM
    While I agree the keyboard should be more like the original trackpad in some instances, I do disagree that it should be implemented just like the trackpad.

There is a reason BB all but died a few years ago. No innovation, the reluctant tendencies of their CEO's to "get with the times", the constant rehash of devices, etc etc.

It's nearly 2015 and some people just need to get with the times. Touchscreens are not going anywhere, they are here to stay, get used to using it.

The classic is meant for BBOS7 holdouts who want the ability to use the toolbelt, but want all the latest and greatest BB10 offers. I think you'll find that once people start using the gesture based OS, the toolbelt will be an after thought.
    12-23-14 07:07 AM
    the blackberry passport keyboard is THE only thing holding me going back to my Q10. well, other than how fast it runs and how gorgeous the display is.

this is the most amazing, out-of-the-box design/function concept EVER, and this is why BlackBerry is lightyears ahead of any other competitor. every phone with a qwerty NEEDS this passport keyboard wonder-of-the-world.
    12-23-14 08:35 AM
    It's a reasonable idea, for sure. Perhaps it could be activated with a double-tap, the way the cursor comes up in a text document.
    Good call.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 09:05 AM
    And it could go further than trackpad, there's enough space to add pinch gestures in my opinion.. at least horizontally

Check Out TechCraze
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    01-10-15 05:30 AM
    And it could go further than trackpad, there's enough space to add pinch gestures in my opinion.. at least horizontally

Check Out TechCraze
    Yes!!! Totally agree, I've found myself trying to pinch the keyboard too. Seems a natural instinct when your using it to scroll web pages.
    I also agree with Thunderbuck's idea of double tap to activate, although this may cause problems, say, when entering text in text boxes on a web page and then wanting to move cursor to another field. It would bring up the magnifier tool thingy instead. Maybe something along those lines though??
    Posted by Passport, Blackberry's Beast!
    01-10-15 06:06 AM
    I also Need the option to switch the input mode to swype mode as an alternative Input mode - yes - i like swype + blackberry word prediction
    01-10-15 06:17 AM
    Double tap to click would be awesome. Maybe this can be easily added as it would be a software addition. Pinch I use the screen and have never attempted on the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 06:21 AM
    I agree. I've said this since day one. I actually even thought the Passport's keyboard was a mouse pad lol!

I'd think they could add it in software later on? We'll see...

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 07:44 AM
    My guess is that the Passport is more of a test device and that the Passport 2 will see more 'innovation'

I can see them setting the keyboard as a trackpad. So you don't have to touch the screen but use the keyboard to perform all gestures. Now that would be cool.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 08:03 AM
    My guess is that the Passport is more of a test device and that the Passport 2 will see more 'innovation'

I can see them setting the keyboard as a trackpad. So you don't have to touch the screen but use the keyboard to perform all gestures. Now that would be cool.

Posted via CB10
    That sounds good but they need to make sure they do it in a way that also won't easily clash, e.g. gesture for the hub and scrolling up and down in an app..

Check Out TechCraze
    01-10-15 11:06 AM