I had a thought while using my passport, they should allow for an option to. Allow for the keyboard to also be used with soft hits/taps so that it can be used by just tapping the key without clicking them in. Not sure how they've implemented the touch keyboard, but if they could make a silent mode where you tap the keys like a touch screen, I find, it would be very cool. Sort of like a silent mode for the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:03 PM
    I sometimes wish for a feature like this when I'm laying in bed with my wife. She gets annoyed with my clickity keyboard, and I usually end up leaving the bedroom if I'm tying out a long msg.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:39 PM
    I agree, while I totally love the BlackBerry "click" I'm sure for anyone else in the room it can be kind of annoying....a silent mode would be pretty cool!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:42 PM
    That would be cool !

Posted via CB10 Passport
    10-27-14 07:46 PM
    Have to admit I've thought the same thing, but in my case it's because I'm still breaking the touchscreen habit.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 07:50 PM
    Ah, you wanted a physical keyboard, now you want the option to get rid of it. So beautiful :').
    Suraj Jadhav likes this.
    10-27-14 07:52 PM
    Ah, you wanted a physical keyboard, now you want the option to get rid of it. So beautiful :').
    love it
    10-27-14 08:14 PM
    One thing I would love to see is space inference.. I don't understand why it's not on physical KB bb

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 08:20 PM
    Not really getting rid of it,.. this would still have the advantage of giving you physically-distinguishable tapping targets.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 08:26 PM
    Soft click like the Q10 keyboard? No thanks.
    10-27-14 08:38 PM
    I had a thought while using my passport, they should allow for an option to. Allow for the keyboard to also be used with soft hits/taps so that it can be used by just tapping the key without clicking them in. Not sure how they've implemented the touch keyboard, but if they could make a silent mode where you tap the keys like a touch screen, I find, it would be very cool. Sort of like a silent mode for the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like somebody's wife has them on cellphone in the bed at night curfew lol. I'm just joshin yeah we've all been there

BlackBerry - Accept is no substitute. Period!
    10-27-14 08:52 PM
    Sounds like somebody's wife has them on cellphone in the bed at night curfew lol. I'm just joshin yeah we've all been there

BlackBerry - Accept is no substitute. Period!
    That's pretty much any married guy. Or at least any married male CrackBerrian.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 08:57 PM
    The typing experience on this newest keyboard is classic BlackBerry - love it. The buttons feel like the Bold experience. But...
    It would be nice to go into "silent mode" with touch keys occasionally . This gives you a physical keyboard tactile feel and touch screen option. After a day of emails and texts your thumbs begin to fatigue.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.0.908
    10-27-14 09:23 PM
    I would wonder if it would even be possible, is anyone aware how the touch sensitive keyboard gets its feedback?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 06:03 PM
    That is a very neat idea. I would also love to be able to turn off the touch keyboard option. Some apps when I type fast mistaken for double taps and scrolling, which causes a large number of errors in the message.

Great if we had a shortcut like hold two of the keys together for 3 seconds to turn it on or off...

Hope they implement some of these ideas.
    10-29-14 06:17 PM